Author Topic: AoM Challenge  (Read 12055 times)

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
Re: AoM Challenge
« Reply #165 on: July 22, 2010, 12:18:46 PM »
Just out of curiousity.  Any reason this wasn't done via PM to begin with?  It sure seems to have become much more of a "look at me!" thread, then anything else.

If this was really about wanting to test the 'best' of each squad against each other, it could have been handled much differently

Why would you care? You, like all others have the option to not 'look at me'. I believe this was done with a good sportsmanship mindset.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #166 on: July 22, 2010, 12:24:33 PM »
Just out of curiousity.  Any reason this wasn't done via PM to begin with?  It sure seems to have become much more of a "look at me!" thread, then anything else.

If this was really about wanting to test the 'best' of each squad against each other, it could have been handled much differently

Interpret it however u wish. And also feel free to not click on the thread. In addition to the most salient reason that Grizz mentioned, this is a squad matter where multiple people may want to add their input. A BBS is the perfect venue for this type of discussion and as long as we stay within the rules I can't see what the problem is.

We have some things to work out here. Go crash a free P-38 and post screenshots of it so you can have your "look at me thread".  :D (you know I love ya, Corky).  
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
« Reply #167 on: July 22, 2010, 12:24:54 PM »
We made the challenge, we set the terms of the challenge. It is up to The Few to accept or decline.  Period.  

We left plenty of other parameters up for negotiation but we would like to maintain the requirement for the number of participants.  In addition to the reasons that Grizz mentioned, another reason we want to keep the numbers high is because we would like to include as many of our people as possible without making distinctions between who is "qualified" and who isn't.  That just causes problems among members and we Muppets are always in perfect harmony and strive to maintain our harmony at every juncture. :D

It's time to step down from the pedestal and stop demanding like 5 year old spoilt-brats. The DFC wing of The Few, the one active for 2 weeks, the one with 13 members, the one you have gone out of your way to challenge have accepted. We will try to bring as many of our 13 members as possible on the day, frankly it's now time to put up or shut up. I find it funny that you, the Muppets with a player base of 28 are demanding 10 pilot minimum when you have an extremely hard time fielding 6 players in an given SDL match. :rofl

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Tordon22

• Silver Member
« Reply #168 on: July 22, 2010, 12:26:54 PM »

Not only that but people need to take the 'tough guy' attitudes down a notch. When I try to ask someone a simple question on 200 (who happens to be DFC) and get greeted by a reply that screams "I'M GOING TO OWN YOU MUPPET, BACK OFF", it becomes just plain annoying. Especially since until that moment we had been nothing but cordial to each other in game. And I'm not saying that this ridiculous attitude is only going one way either.

I DA to improve my flying, nothing more. I'm participating in this to be apart of probably the most highly skilled mass duel in AH history(Dogfighting wise). But if it continues down this path I'll probably let others fill my spot because I can really do without the macho, internet tough guy atmosphere.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #169 on: July 22, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »
Grizz answered your question with his first reply today.  He doesn't consider 6v6 a true "squadron representation". 

this
AoM
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline humble

• Platinum Member
« Reply #170 on: July 22, 2010, 12:30:16 PM »
Looks like I'm down in the Frooooooooooonttttttttttttttt t rowwwwwwwwww (best Bob Uecker voice)
 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jc3UGda8T8c    

"The beauty of the second amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it."-Pres. Thomas Jefferson

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #171 on: July 22, 2010, 12:32:57 PM »
I find it funny that you, the Muppets with a player base of 28 are demanding 10 pilot minimum when you have an extremely hard time fielding 6 players in an given SDL match. :rofl
Some people have to work and such...you know...lives besides the game...where we can't bring 28 members to a fight.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Yarbles

• Platinum Member
« Reply #172 on: July 22, 2010, 12:37:30 PM »
 The Muppets will put up any member to fight these fights.  I guess its just a confidence we have in all of our guys, call it what you will.

And that is to your credit :salute
DFC/GFC/OAP

"Don't get into arguments with idiots, they drag you down to their level and then win from experience"
"He who can laugh at himself has mastered himself"

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #173 on: July 22, 2010, 12:37:47 PM »
My silly silly Kazaa...

It's time to step down from the pedestal and stop demanding like 5 year old spoilt-brats. The DFC wing of The Few, the one active for 2 weeks, the one with 13 members, the one you have gone out of your way to challenge have accepted. We will try to bring as many of our 13 members as possible on the day

Well you apparently have gathered up 4 members since yesterday...
Grizz, The Few DFC only have around 9 members, so we're going to have to keep all fights lower then 10.
So I don't see what the trouble is.  Just promote some from your other wing.

frankly it's now time to put up or shut up.

Interesting take.  The challenge issued was for 8 dates in the next 12 months with bragging rights on the line.  If you can't get 8 pilots to show up for an event like this then you guys have no heart.

I find it funny that you, the Muppets with a player base of 28 are demanding 10 pilot minimum when you have an extremely hard time fielding 6 players in an given SDL match. :rofl

Min pilot guidelines stand.  This Sunday won't work for us, but the next Sunday most likely will, we'll let you know.  Depending on how many show, we should fight a 10 duel set or a 5 duel set.  (If 8 show we will fight a 5 duel set versus if 10 show we will go ahead and fight a 10 duel set) Each individual fight counts as a fight.  First to 26 victories over next year wins.  Sound good?

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #174 on: July 22, 2010, 12:44:08 PM »
Some people have to work and such...you know...lives besides the game...where we can't bring 28 members to a fight.

Exactly my case in point lol.

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #175 on: July 22, 2010, 12:46:29 PM »
Grizz, you still want to fight The Few's casual members I see. :lol

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #176 on: July 22, 2010, 12:48:16 PM »
Grizz, you still want to fight The Few's casual members I see. :lol

The original terms of the duel have been the same since the beginning.  What is so hard for you to understand?  I don't understand why you won't fight us 10v10 and 8v8.  We said you can bring over members from your other wing or recruit members from other squads if you can't fill all of the spots.    
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:49:51 PM by SunBat »
AoM

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #177 on: July 22, 2010, 12:49:23 PM »
The original terms of the duel have been the same since the beginning.  What is so hard for you to understand?  I don't understand why you won't fight us 10v10 and 8v8.  We said you can bring over members from your other wing or recruit members from other squads if you can't fill all of the spots.    

We are asking for 2 fights over the next year that are 10 pilot min.  A multi-winged squadron can't get 10 pilots to fight on 2 prearranged days within a 365 day window?  Give me a break.  
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:51:16 PM by grizz441 »

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #178 on: July 22, 2010, 12:50:20 PM »
"Money talks, it don't sing and dance and it don't walk.  But as long as you're here with me, I'd much rather be Forever in Blue Jeans."

this
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 12:58:38 PM by SunBat »
AoM

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #179 on: July 22, 2010, 12:56:44 PM »
"Money talks, it don't sing and dance and it don't walk.  But as long as you're here with me, I'd much rather be Forever in Blue Jeans."
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC