Author Topic: AoM Challenge  (Read 11981 times)

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.thefewsquadron.co.uk
Re: AoM Challenge
« Reply #180 on: July 22, 2010, 12:58:56 PM »
8v8 should be fine.

"If you learn from defeat, you haven't really lost."

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #181 on: July 22, 2010, 12:59:43 PM »
The original terms of the duel have been the same since the beginning.  What is so hard for you to understand?  I don't understand why you won't fight us 10v10 and 8v8.  We said you can bring over members from your other wing or recruit members from other squads if you can't fill all of the spots.    

You're going to let us use players from outside our squad?

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #182 on: July 22, 2010, 01:00:50 PM »
Exactly my case in point lol.
How so?
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Kazaa

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #183 on: July 22, 2010, 01:14:29 PM »
Grizz, please converse with Bruv119 in regards to establishing dates/times/rules.
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 01:16:19 PM by Kazaa »

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #184 on: July 22, 2010, 01:51:07 PM »
Why would you care? You, like all others have the option to not 'look at me'. I believe this was done with a good sportsmanship mindset.

Basically because from where I'm sitting it portrays poorly any number of folks I have a fair amount of respect for.

But yeah, I agree, it would have been wiser to ignore it.
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #185 on: July 22, 2010, 01:55:14 PM »
Grizz, you still want to fight The Few's casual members I see. :lol

I believe the challenge was to the few. If you feel the need to use members outside your squad and not your other wing, well that is between you and the rest of your squad.

As far as our 28 or whatever number squad that has trouble fielding more than 6 in sdl,  I'll alone take responsibility. We may have that number on roster but more than half are not active and I keep them on the roster out of respect should they ever return.

I believe a step back is in order here from the defense posture as this whole thread was created in the desire to pursue fun. Lets keep it that way and enjoy the good fights I'm sure that will result.

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #186 on: July 22, 2010, 01:58:47 PM »
Basically because from where I'm sitting it portrays poorly any number of folks I have a fair amount of respect for.

Well I'm sorry you feel as such, but understand in the spirit that initiated this thread was in good faith with an attempt to promote a good cartoon plane fight.

You of all people I would think could see this.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #187 on: July 22, 2010, 02:13:21 PM »
You're going to let us use players from outside our squad?

You've done it before. 
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #188 on: July 22, 2010, 02:31:46 PM »
I believe the challenge was to the few. If you feel the need to use members outside your squad and not your other wing, well that is between you and the rest of your squad.

As far as our 28 or whatever number squad that has trouble fielding more than 6 in sdl,  I'll alone take responsibility. We may have that number on roster but more than half are not active and I keep them on the roster out of respect should they ever return.

I believe a step back is in order here from the defense posture as this whole thread was created in the desire to pursue fun. Lets keep it that way and enjoy the good fights I'm sure that will result.

6 of 27 players for AOM has not played in this tour leaving 21 active players so that's a lot less then half your members less then 25% actually
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 02:33:36 PM by TnDep »
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Bruv119

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #189 on: July 22, 2010, 02:35:13 PM »
Please see the Private SDL forum.

I look forward to participating in everyone of these duels.  Win or lose.
The Few ***
F.P.H

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #190 on: July 22, 2010, 02:58:44 PM »

You add to the "look at me thread" while decrying the "look at me thread." :lol

X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #191 on: July 22, 2010, 03:16:03 PM »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #192 on: July 22, 2010, 03:32:47 PM »
You've done it before.  

In fairness, I should clarify this statement.  This was only an allusion to the statement that I made earlier in this thread (quoted below for reference) which was a good-natured jab and kind of a running joke (Karaya got it).  I don't want to start rumors or insinuate that The Few uses players from other squads in the SDL or anything like that - this is not what I meant.  

All you guys have to do is recruit a few more excellent sticks from other squads and then fight us, beat us and brag about it and make little insinuations all over the BBS for weeks afterward – you know how to do that, you did it with the TJ and Grizz matchup.  :D
« Last Edit: July 22, 2010, 04:06:16 PM by SunBat »
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline fudgums

• Gold Member
« Reply #193 on: July 22, 2010, 04:15:11 PM »
I got it sunbat  :rofl
"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG27

Offline TheDudeDVant

• Gold Member
« Reply #194 on: July 22, 2010, 04:17:58 PM »
6 of 27 players for AOM has not played in this tour leaving 21 active players so that's a lot less then half your members less then 25% actually

wow.. i guess maybe I need to fly more myself.. you're right with maybe a couple to 3 other of our members flying prolly one night.. so that puts us basically around 18-19 players that could be considered to play consistently.. however my original point was we don't hold 28 active members.. fair enough?