Author Topic: OlDemon  (Read 4103 times)

Offline BnZs

• Platinum Member
Re: OlDemon
« Reply #90 on: July 29, 2010, 02:38:10 PM »
*Shrug* Stick stirring is tactic currently possible with the present modeling that quite achieves the desired effect. I don't particularly like that fact, but there you go.
"Crikey, sir. I'm looking forward to today. Up diddly up, down diddly down, whoops, poop, twiddly dee - decent scrap with the fiendish Red Baron - bit of a jolly old crash landing behind enemy lines - capture, torture, escape, and then back home in time for tea and medals."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #91 on: July 29, 2010, 02:49:02 PM »
People also make the false assumption that just because you've used a spin to avoid an attack you were "stick stirring". 

Last night to avoid a shot being made on me and to gain the overshoot at the same time, I used full left rudder and opposite full right aileron while pushing the nose down, did a half spin to avoid the guns pass and gained an overshoot that allowed me to damage the bandits engine as he pulled into the vertical on the overshoot.  The other guy sent me repeated PMs calling me a stick stirring n00b when all I did was a legitimate spin and in no way 'stick stirred' to acheive it.  The spin maneuver I did was a favorite of Hartmann's that I've started to call it the "Hartmann Escape".

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #92 on: July 29, 2010, 03:14:58 PM »
  I've started to call it the "Hartmann Escape".

ack-ack

Hmmm I've always thought the Hartmann escape was when you fart in the office at work and then get up real fast and shut the door closing the manager and asst manager in there with your stanky
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #93 on: July 29, 2010, 04:10:43 PM »

Hmmm I've always thought the Hartmann escape was when you fart in the office at work and then get up real fast and shut the door closing the manager and asst manager in there with your stanky

That's the Fartman Escape, totally different maneuver.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #94 on: July 29, 2010, 04:22:47 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack

don't laugh...don't...err h...ha....hahaha....damn :rofl :rofl :rofl :cry :cry :rofl :rofl :furious :old:

Offline BillyD

• Silver Member
      • Das Army of Muppets
« Reply #95 on: July 29, 2010, 06:04:54 PM »
my bad  :rofl
*ARMY OF MUPPETS
*K$
*Hot Soup Mafia
*@#$@#  YO COUCH CREW

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #96 on: July 29, 2010, 06:18:14 PM »

Ty Bag

:salute

Did someone get me confused with BagRat again :lol,  I told that guy to quit impostering (< is that a word) me.

BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #97 on: July 29, 2010, 08:16:57 PM »
Did someone get me confused with BagRat again :lol,  I told that guy to quit impostering (< is that a word) me.

BigRat

doh

sorry bout that :eek:

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #98 on: July 29, 2010, 08:22:22 PM »
*Shrug* Stick stirring is tactic currently possible with the present modeling that quite achieves the desired effect. I don't particularly like that fact, but there you go.

Going way of the post subject.  BnZ, your avatar looks like Daniel day Lewis in "Gangs of New York". 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline RealDeal

• Copper Member
« Reply #99 on: July 29, 2010, 08:34:17 PM »
People also make the false assumption that just because you've used a spin to avoid an attack you were "stick stirring".  

Last night to avoid a shot being made on me and to gain the overshoot at the same time, I used full left rudder and opposite full right aileron while pushing the nose down, did a half spin to avoid the guns pass and gained an overshoot that allowed me to damage the bandits engine as he pulled into the vertical on the overshoot.  The other guy sent me repeated PMs calling me a stick stirring n00b when all I did was a legitimate spin and in no way 'stick stirred' to acheive it.  The spin maneuver I did was a favorite of Hartmann's that I've started to call it the "Hartmann Escape".
ack-ack

Well he got the noob part right  :D The manuever is called a forward slip. Its generally used to drop a lot of alt and speed just prior to landing or when desending into the traffic pattern. And I highly doubt that any manuever that requires you to be in a stall first was a favorite of any fighter pilot, least of all one of the greatest pilots of all time. Im just saying...but hey I could be wrong
« Last Edit: July 29, 2010, 09:08:32 PM by RealDeal »
~BParker~
SHADE

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #100 on: July 29, 2010, 09:42:59 PM »

Last night to avoid a shot being made on me and to gain the overshoot at the same time, I used full left rudder and opposite full right aileron while pushing the nose down, did a half spin to avoid the guns pass and gained an overshoot that allowed me to damage the bandits engine as he pulled into the vertical on the overshoot.  The other guy sent me repeated PMs calling me a stick stirring n00b when all I did was a legitimate spin and in no way 'stick stirred' to acheive it.  The spin maneuver I did was a favorite of Hartmann's that I've started to call it the "Hartmann Escape".

ack-ack
One nite over TT i was watching you take repeated jabs from folks on 200 about how Akak was doing this or AkAk was doing that, and thought "man i bet he gets tired of hearing that crap every single fight it seems". But then I had to laugh as these clowns were being dispatched to the tower one by one  :lol
I kept telling them to be careful. That 38 is AkAk, they would fly your way and then range channel would go silent after a bit.  :lol
Lighten up Francis

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #101 on: July 29, 2010, 11:05:01 PM »

lmao
frogs are people too

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #102 on: July 29, 2010, 11:27:17 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

ack-ack

Metallica was pissed at that moment of hilarity.    :rock
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC