Author Topic: ENY vs Arena Cap  (Read 2345 times)

Offline Money

• Copper Member
Re: ENY vs Arena Cap
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2010, 06:59:14 PM »
Where did I tell you or anyone else what you should enjoy flying?  All you said was Spits and Hogs, so I was pointing out a couple options.  Apparently you're very butt hurt over all this.  While I think it's awesome that HT accepts customer input and suggestions it leads to people always wanting it their way.  Bad news, this isn't Burger King.  They give us the game, it's up to us to make of it what we will within the environment they provide. 

I provided the specific planes I enjoy flying.  Bad news, all these posts have not changed my selections.  This game was created by a player/players and has been tweaked since its beginning in large part by feedback provided in this forum.  So it is "up to us to make of it what we will within the environment they provided."  A forum that asks for our opinions.  My frustration comes when using the tools.  Sorry for the short response in the earlier post.

ENY is not needed

Be well

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2010, 07:08:03 PM »

What's ENY?

Well ENY is where you fly a really slow airplane with 40 other guys in their really slow airplanes to share the kill on that one red iconed plane.  :D
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #47 on: July 26, 2010, 07:32:41 PM »

ENY is not needed

Be well

ENY is needed, yourself provided a perfect example of why it's needed.  You were experiencing a plane shortage due to being on the side that far out numbered numerically the othersides.  As a penalty for being on the side with the numeric advantage, some of the planes normally available were no longer due to the ENY. 

There is nothing wrong with the game, the problem stems from people that feel the need to fly with the numerical advantaged side.  This feeling probably comes from the fact that they can't survive outside the hord and therefore are reluctant to switch to the lower numbered side and be free of the ENY restrictions.  Yeah, the problem is definitely not the game.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2010, 08:05:14 PM »
ENY is needed, yourself provided a perfect example of why it's needed.  You were experiencing a plane shortage due to being on the side that far out numbered numerically the othersides.  As a penalty for being on the side with the numeric advantage, some of the planes normally available were no longer due to the ENY. 

There is nothing wrong with the game, the problem stems from people that feel the need to fly with the numerical advantaged side.  This feeling probably comes from the fact that they can't survive outside the hord and therefore are reluctant to switch to the lower numbered side and be free of the ENY restrictions.  Yeah, the problem is definitely not the game.

ack-ack

No, the problem is your broad brush painting and neglect of my entire post.  I said it is hard to switch sides, move arenas, dodge caps, and eny for an entire group you wish to fly with.  I never said "the game" was wrong.  It is right in so many ways.  I do feel ENY is not needed.

Watch an arena tonight and see the imbalances that occur prior to when eny really kicks in.   If "balance was really the goal, they could limit the number of each side that can enter the same grid.  And a 10 spit V vs 1 spit XVI still equals death given equal pilot experience.  After all, it isn't the plane that makes the fight, right?  It is the pilot as everyone says.  Can't argue it both ways.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: July 26, 2010, 08:08:57 PM »
After all, it isn't the plane that makes the fight, right?  It is the pilot as everyone says.
That's the first right thing you have said here...follow the advice and when ENY kicks in against you, there won't be a problem.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #50 on: July 26, 2010, 08:12:06 PM »
No, the problem is your broad brush painting and neglect of my entire post.  I said it is hard to switch sides, move arenas, dodge caps, and eny for an entire group you wish to fly with.  I never said "the game" was wrong.  It is right in so many ways.  I do feel ENY is not needed.

Watch an arena tonight and see the imbalances that occur prior to when eny really kicks in.   If "balance was really the goal, they could limit the number of each side that can enter the same grid.  And a 10 spit V vs 1 spit XVI still equals death given equal pilot experience.  After all, it isn't the plane that makes the fight, right?  It is the pilot as everyone says.  Can't argue it both ways.

Ahh what a life we live where it is considered hard to click 2 times on a computer screen.

The real different ENY makes is very simple.

Before ENY the country that was out numbered complained but theyreally had no choice to do anything about the balance. The only thing they could do is make the balance worse.

Now the people who complain can very simply do some something to fix the balance.

And Money careful what you wish for, if I remove the ENY limiting system, you will have no choice but to not fly or fly for the low numbered country. You have the option now to fly for the other country or fly different planes, so you really want me to take one of those options away?

HiTech

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: July 26, 2010, 08:16:50 PM »
Sorry I was not specific F4U-1D and Spit IX.

But thanks for telling me and others what we should enjoy flying.

Umm f4u-1d is the worse f4u for dogfighting...  :D
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
« Reply #52 on: July 26, 2010, 08:20:08 PM »
Ahh what a life we live where it is considered hard to click 2 times on a computer screen.

The real different ENY makes is very simple.

Before ENY the country that was out numbered complained but theyreally had no choice to do anything about the balance. The only thing they could do is make the balance worse.

Now the people who complain can very simply do some something to fix the balance.

And Money careful what you wish for, if I remove the ENY limiting system, you will have no choice but to not fly or fly for the low numbered country. You have the option now to fly for the other country or fly different planes, so you really want me to take one of those options away?

HiTech

What does ENY stand for Hitech?
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2010, 08:38:52 PM »
Everyone
Needlessly
Yammering
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: July 26, 2010, 08:56:58 PM »
That's the first right thing you have said here...follow the advice and when ENY kicks in against you, there won't be a problem.

Thank you for approving of my post.  Why condesend?  Helpful much?  Me thinks not.

you missed my point.  10 good pilots in anything does nothing to even things out. 

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #55 on: July 26, 2010, 09:00:07 PM »

HiTech

Confused, how does no eny force me to fly a high or low numbered country?  Isn't eny the factor that limits the plane type you can fly?

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #56 on: July 26, 2010, 09:00:38 PM »
Thank you for approving of my post.  Why condesend?  Helpful much?  Me thinks not.

you missed my point.  10 good pilots in anything does nothing to even things out. 

Nor does insisting on flying for the side with the high numbers....

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #57 on: July 26, 2010, 09:03:35 PM »
Confused, how does no eny force me to fly a high or low numbered country?  Isn't eny the factor that limits the plane type you can fly?

Hitech was giving you a hint... either fly and put up with ENY, or he can 'coad' it so you can't fly at all unless it is for the lowest team if ENY penalties are activated.

ENY only does one thing, it forces us to be mindful of the numbers of each side, all because we can't/won't police ourselves.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #58 on: July 26, 2010, 09:06:46 PM »
Money thats only true to a point.

Remember, the incentive is to get people to change sides, eny helps accomplish that by not letting them fly their fav ride when they have a big numbers advantage.

The only thing that I can see that would help more, is if we got perked ords, and tied that to ENY also.

So for the sake of discussion say 1k bombs on fighters would be perked (low) But when ENY kicks in 500lb bombs would be perked also, or not available at all. Or, 1k bombs wouldn't be available, and 500's would be perked.  If the ENY got bad enough 250lbers would not be available, or be perked. Eventually  the high numbered side would be down to trying to capture fields with 100lb bombs.

While over the the low numbered side 1k bombs would be free.

Meantime everyone can still fly, but the side that outnumbers the other is not going to gain a lot of territory.
The other option is as HT stated, where AH does the balancing, and you would not be able to fly with your friends, squadmate's.

What you want is not necessarily what you think you want, not where gameplay is concerned.
Not if you want AH to stay alive and healthy.

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: July 26, 2010, 09:20:33 PM »
Money thats only true to a point.

Remember, the incentive is to get people to change sides, eny helps accomplish that by not letting them fly their fav ride when they have a big numbers advantage.

<Money deleted some stuff>

What you want is not necessarily what you think you want, not where gameplay is concerned.
Not if you want AH to stay alive and healthy.

I think the majority deal with eny by simply logging off or heading in here to beat on seals.  While you could say, "well then, mission accomplished,"  I would think the goal is to keep the customers in game.  I could be wrong, but I bet everyone in here has done that as a response to eny MANY times.  Nor am I saying I like the option HT suggested.  I may have to relinquish it is the lesser of two evils.