Author Topic: ENY vs Arena Cap  (Read 2654 times)

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
Re: ENY vs Arena Cap
« Reply #60 on: July 26, 2010, 09:23:03 PM »
It's no use trying to explain this to Money any longer. Some folks just want the game to revolve around them instead of them evolving with the game.
Lighten up Francis

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: July 26, 2010, 09:26:47 PM »
It's no use trying to explain this to Money any longer. Some folks just want the game to revolve around them instead of them evolving with the game.

Isn't that, in part, the inspiration for HTC?
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 09:34:36 PM by Money »

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #62 on: July 26, 2010, 09:27:28 PM »
Everyone
Needlessly
Yammering

Yeah, those paying customers can certainly be annoying, huh?   :)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #63 on: July 26, 2010, 09:36:02 PM »

Then you should show HiTech and make a statement with your $15.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #64 on: July 26, 2010, 09:41:18 PM »
I think the majority deal with eny by simply logging off or heading in here to beat on seals. 

I think you don't know what you're talking about, as far as how the "majority" deals with ENY.

Or, perhaps you have to deal with ENY so much because you are always with the majority.. ooohhhhhhhhh.. deep! see what i did there??  :D

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Baumer

• Silver Member
      • 332nd Flying Mongrels
« Reply #65 on: July 26, 2010, 09:42:43 PM »
Point proven, if you don't like the explanation then either post a viable alternative or move along.
HTC Please show the blue planes some love!
F4F-4, FM2, SBD-5, TBM-3

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #66 on: July 26, 2010, 09:52:22 PM »
Point proven, if you don't like the explanation then either post a viable alternative or move along.

With all do respect, this entire thread is allowing me to understand and "move along."  Sorry to have inconvenienced you by using the resource provided to do so.

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: July 26, 2010, 09:54:44 PM »
Its that part of the inspiration for HTC?
No, not from my point of view. I do my best to adapt to the changes as I like the challenge of it all. I don't expect HTC to change the game because I don't like something. I don't own shares in the company nor I'm I employed by HTC. I simply try to play my best with the tools given to me. Whether it be a P51 or a P40, I have fun in everything I fly. I enjoy the challenge of having to change my tactics depending on what i'm in or up against.
I understand your frustration but believe me when I say that you can have more fun killing a spixteen with a brewster or A6M then the other way around. I for one am happier when I land 3 or 4 kills in a P38 then if I landed 7 or 8 in a P51. And remember, you're not forced to take a plane you're not yet comfortable with into the biggest furball on the map. Find a small dar and look for those 1vs1s, or a nice fat set of buffs.
ENY used to give me fits too but I just don't care about it anymore. There are just so many options in the game to keep me entertained that I don't care what I fly, just as long as I fly. And hell, with the new town layout I want to try those Sherman tank rockets out on some buildings. Been dieing to do that  :lol Maybe when the ENY kicks in on me next time I will.  :joystick:
HiTech and those guys have given us a game to play and laid out the rules. Everyone has the same stuff to deal with. Sometimes we're the windshield...sometimes the bug. Next week you may be killing the poor twit in the C202 because he can't get a sexy P51 like you.  :D
Lighten up Francis

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #68 on: July 26, 2010, 10:04:22 PM »
With all do respect, this entire thread is allowing me to understand and "move along."  Sorry to have inconvenienced you by using the resource provided to do so.

Most people learn fairly early on that just because they have a right to be a jerk and can be, does not mean other people have to except there jerkiness and nor is it wise to be one.

But then there are the exceptional few that do not understand that they are not the worlds navel.

HiTech

Offline cactuskooler

• Skinner Team
  • Gold Member
« Reply #69 on: July 26, 2010, 10:05:33 PM »
I think the majority deal with eny by simply logging off or heading in here to beat on seals.  While you could say, "well then, mission accomplished,"  I would think the goal is to keep the customers in game.  I could be wrong, but I bet everyone in here has done that as a response to eny MANY times.  Nor am I saying I like the option HT suggested.  I may have to relinquish it is the lesser of two evils.

I've never logged due to eny. I switch sides or fly a higher eny plane if the fights too good to leave. Not to mention you could switch arenas if country loyalty is important to you.

Heck, the first time I saw eny I was excited. I thought it was interesting to see the friendly's in unusual planes, and to give me a reason to fly one of he many other planes. It didn't even occur to me that others disliked it till I saw a thread like this on the forums.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2010, 10:08:14 PM by cactuskooler »
cactus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Noseart

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: July 26, 2010, 10:13:48 PM »
I understand your frustration

Well then, I wish you would explain it to me.  We have all these airplanes to choose from, I really just don't grasp why a person would insist on flying only one or two of them, or not flying at all.

I'm not making a dig at Money, he's really just a spokesman for a lot of like-minded people.  I simply can't understand it, is all.

- oldman

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #71 on: July 26, 2010, 10:20:40 PM »
Well I think we've all been there at one time or the other. The first couple of years in this game can be the most frustrating. It certainly was for me. But after that, one starts to understand how ACMs work and what to do in certain situations against certain planes and ENY becomes a afterthought and no longer a issue. 
Lighten up Francis

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #72 on: July 26, 2010, 10:24:48 PM »
Perhaps HiTech should look over the eny value of each AC.  There are some that really needs to be change. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #73 on: July 26, 2010, 10:36:53 PM »
Here's another reason why ENY is a good thing...

I spend lots of time in Early War, some time in Mid War, and starting to spend some in Late War.  After my first 6-8 months in-game, and flying the Hurri 2c almost all the time, I was getting very bored at how quick and easy it was to kill people.  I'll tell you, something; I was real close to quitting altogether because it was so boring flying the uber plane that could blow anything apart just by looking at it.  Every now and then, ENY forced me to jump in something else, like the A6M2, F4f, etc.  and I was the suxxor because it forced me to try to fly smarter and it took more effort to kill someone - many times they'd reverse on me and kill me instead.  But I was having more fun.

After trying various "sucky" planes, I found the Hurri Mk1.  It was the breath of fresh air that sparked my interest again.  After a couple of weeks I got used to the carb and was able to fight without killing the engine.  After a couple of months I found many things that the plane could do that surprised people.  I even started to see others upping the Mk1; perhaps to see why they kept getting shot down.

Without ENY forcing me to fly "lesser" planes, I would never have tried the Mk1 and probably would have quit after a year or so.  To me, it's all about the fight - win, lose or draw.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #74 on: July 26, 2010, 10:39:12 PM »
Perhaps HiTech should look over the eny value of each AC.  There are some that really needs to be change. 

Some have changed already.  The Hurri 2c in EW went from 10 to 5  :aok.  I personally think it should be perked too.  :t
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals