Author Topic: CV up/down?  (Read 333 times)

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
CV up/down?
« on: July 27, 2010, 07:37:14 PM »
I wish there was some way of telling if the CV is up or down without actually going there. When the CV goes down and you view the info for that "base" it says that fighters are enabled, witch leads you to thinking that the CV is still up but in reality this does change whether the CV is up or down so even if it says fighters are enabled they can still be disabled.
This can come in handy if your running low on fuel and looking for a place to land.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: CV up/down?
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2010, 07:49:37 PM »
Can you right click on the ship and check the "field status" on your clipboard?  I can't remember ever trying and didn't know if it was possible.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline MachFly

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2010, 08:24:45 PM »
Can you right click on the ship and check the "field status" on your clipboard?  I can't remember ever trying and didn't know if it was possible.

You can, but it will tell you that everything is enabled even if it's not, besides the radar.

So if the CV is down it will still say that fighter & bombers are enabled.
"Now, if I had to make the choice of one fighter aircraft above all the others...it would be, without any doubt, the world's greatest propeller driven flying machine - the magnificent and immortal Spitfire."
Lt. Col. William R. Dunn
flew Spitfires, Hurricanes, P-51s, P-47s, and F-4s

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 27, 2010, 08:28:05 PM »
A BIG +1  :aok
Lighten up Francis

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 27, 2010, 08:29:25 PM »
Yeah, that's right.  I think it's a perfectly reasonable request. It could be as simple as changing the icon when the ship goes down.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: July 27, 2010, 09:00:46 PM »
 :aok