Author Topic: Bermuda Triangle?  (Read 793 times)

Offline HatTrick

• Copper Member
Bermuda Triangle?
« on: July 30, 2010, 11:26:25 AM »
So I was flying around in the pink arena just now from a CV we had in sector 3,6.  I saw some high cons that I thought were enemy buffs and I lifted in F4U-4 to intercept them.  Turned out the buffs were friendly but there were enemy interceptors after them and I chased one around for awhile before I finally finished him off and that's when things got weird.  I was at about 1/4 fuel so I headed back to the carrier, was on my final approach to land when *poof*, the CV and both cruisers vanished.  I didn't have time to get my flaps back up and throttle up before I hit the drink and crashed.  When I ended my sortie, I was back on the same task group but it was now at sector 2,11. 

Is that normal?  None of the ships were damaged visibly and there were no enemy cons anywhere around.  It just vanished.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
Re: Bermuda Triangle?
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2010, 11:30:45 AM »
 :huh Maybe Skuzzy or Pyro were out testing the new submarines...  :bolt:

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2010, 12:10:45 PM »
Sounds like The Philadelphia Project was testing some things.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Philadelphia_Experiment

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: July 30, 2010, 03:32:01 PM »
It was the Kraken...

jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2010, 03:52:23 PM »
it happened to me to just alot stranger

i took off from a CV in the mid war arena and attack a base and was low fuel and rtb the CV was in the same spot im like thats strange so i fly to the CV and its not moveing just siting there i prep to land next thing i know im about 7 sectors away on the ground so im thinking what the?.... and then black screen for about 5sec then im back on the CV i type ".ef" to end flight poof i fall in the warter then blow up

ok what the heck was that sortly after i get discoed :headscratch:
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Online The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2010, 03:52:43 PM »
So I was flying around in the pink arena just now from a CV we had in sector 3,6.  I saw some high cons that I thought were enemy buffs and I lifted in F4U-4 to intercept them.  Turned out the buffs were friendly but there were enemy interceptors after them and I chased one around for awhile before I finally finished him off and that's when things got weird.  I was at about 1/4 fuel so I headed back to the carrier, was on my final approach to land when *poof*, the CV and both cruisers vanished.  I didn't have time to get my flaps back up and throttle up before I hit the drink and crashed.  When I ended my sortie, I was back on the same task group but it was now at sector 2,11. 

Is that normal?  None of the ships were damaged visibly and there were no enemy cons anywhere around.  It just vanished.

only when flying a perked plane  :noid

Offline olds442

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: July 30, 2010, 04:00:56 PM »
IM SCARED! !!!!! :noid :noid :noid
only a moron would use Dolby positioning in a game.
IGN: cutlass "shovels and rakes and implements of destruction"

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 02, 2010, 10:25:56 PM »
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Dr_Death8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: August 03, 2010, 10:12:05 AM »
 :x  Hey, I remember that map!  :rock

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #9 on: August 03, 2010, 11:49:21 AM »
I remember a while ago our CV was attacking a base and my squaddie was in a 5in. gun. he says come over to the CV and I look were its supposed to be and the sector he said, but its not there. Instead its at the port not moving at all in a standstill with the airraid siren blasting.  :noid
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline Rattler

• Copper Member
      • www.unforgivenpilots.com
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 11:48:08 PM »
hm sounds like weird stuff never happened to me though  :noid
SAPP

Offline Airborne

• Zinc Member
      • The Wrecking Crew
« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2010, 12:26:36 AM »
I was in a CV gun yesterday blastin' the flaps off the ump-teenth set of bombers (our carrier was down) and all of a sudden it did the "you have landed succesffully" as tho our boat had sunk (it hadnt) and I looked at the map and the whole TG was back in port.... I wonder if it's related? All we were missing was the carrier......

Offline OOZ662

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2010, 12:33:03 AM »
I was in a CV gun yesterday blastin' the flaps off the ump-teenth set of bombers (our carrier was down) and all of a sudden it did the "you have landed succesffully" as tho our boat had sunk (it hadnt) and I looked at the map and the whole TG was back in port.... I wonder if it's related? All we were missing was the carrier......

Nope. That's normal behavior. 15 minutes after the CV sinks, the task group respawns at its home port.
A Rook who first flew 09/26/03 at the age of 13, has been a GL in 10+ Scenarios, and was two-time Points and First Annual 68KO Cup winner of the AH Extreme Air Racing League.

Offline Superfly

• Gold Member
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #13 on: August 05, 2010, 09:43:57 AM »
Sounds to me like the port the cv was connected to was captured.
John "Superfly" Guytan
Art Director
HiTech Creations, Inc.

"My brain just totally farted" - Hitech, during a company meeting

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: August 05, 2010, 10:36:28 AM »
Sounds to me like the port the cv was connected to was captured.

Shouldn't the carrier stay alive and function until the country that recaptured the port destroys its carrier?