Author Topic: Frustration  (Read 4046 times)

Offline mensa180

• Platinum Member
Re: Frustration
« Reply #45 on: August 05, 2010, 12:51:02 AM »
ENY isn't bad for gameplay or business, what causes ENY is.  Hence ENY.
inactive
80th FS "Headhunters"
Public Relations Officer

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: August 05, 2010, 01:10:15 AM »
Here's how the OP should have gone:
1. Type it in frustration.
2. Preview it.
3. Count to ten.
4. Delete it.

But, since we're all here:

Fly planes with >20 ENY.

Last tour, my personal top five planes in "Kills in"
Brewster (Thanks to JunkieII for pointing out that it is easy mode  :salute)
C.205
I-16
Yak-9U
Hurricane Mk1 (2664 BBs of goodness)

ya left a few nice eny birds out Ruf but hey,
when in Rome.... beat on a few Romans with some high ENY birds or maybe... just jump arenas  :neener:

froger
frogs are people too

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: August 05, 2010, 01:22:20 AM »
I never understood players who refuse to switch sides when numbers are grossly imbalanced.

Country Loyalty I understand to a degree.  I started way back when flying as a Knight and 95% of the time I fly Knights. When the Knights out number the bad guys THAT bad I will  usually changed sides.

I am loyal to the game not the country.

Switching sides and evening out the numbers is good for the GAME (and the community) which should be a players priority over loyalty to a country.
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 02:56:28 AM by WMLute »
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline froger

• Silver Member
« Reply #48 on: August 05, 2010, 01:41:30 AM »
I have had tough days as well and i have seen a grip of upgrades in several years that i am not so sure are
good for me. In order to keep it fun i have had to adapt to the new environment many times.

I have completely lost interest in base taking and tool shedding in general.
  with the exception of the spit 16 and the la 7 for base defense,  i have found it more fun to pick high eny birds and search out low number fights when i can.
  Seems that the score thing is some what of a joke but it still is kinda fun to land a bunch of kills in a p39d or a 109 f or g2/g6. the Brewster is a blast on a defense.
  what i am saying is that what i was interested in when i started does not serve me now and the changes are coming weather we like it or not. when it's not fun, i just logg off and try it later.

my 2.....

froger   
frogs are people too

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #49 on: August 05, 2010, 04:25:00 AM »
Here's how the OP should have gone:
1. Type it in frustration.
2. Preview it.
3. Count to ten.
4. Delete it.

But, since we're all here:

Fly planes with >20 ENY.

Last tour, my personal top five planes in "Kills in"
Brewster (Thanks to JunkieII for pointing out that it is easy mode  :salute)
C.205
I-16
Yak-9U
Hurricane Mk1 (2664 BBs of goodness)

How can you not include the LA5? or the KI61?  the most fun planes to fly. period.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #50 on: August 05, 2010, 05:03:41 AM »
The ENY system is brilliant. Period. End of discussion.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
Re: A suggestion
« Reply #51 on: August 05, 2010, 06:38:32 AM »
No, no, no. The local ENY would be in effect only under the same circumstances as the current ENY. So dropping the hangers in an even arena would not invoke it. It would not even affect planes in the air if a whole country disappeared. Only those upping after the great disappearance.

A) How could it not?  2 sides are fighting for a base - each have 10 guys in the air. One closes the hangers, kill the defenders - and when one of them needs to relaunch, they have 25 ENY at all nearby bases because there are no enemy fighters.  Right?  It's either localized or it's not.  

B) I and 10 squadmates want to launch behind the lines.  There are no enemy (aircraft or GV) within 2 sectors.  What's ENY set to and how?

C) 2 sides are fighting at one field.  2 sectors over there is another pair of fields a sector apart.  There's no one launched yet in any of the sectors involved at the currently "unused" front between the second field pair.  Someone wants to up a mission at one of those fields to the other.  Using localized ENY, what's it set to and how?

Come up with a workable design, rather than just  "wishing it were so", and then post it in the wishlist.

Edit -> The good thing about the current ENY system is that it's simple, easy to understand, hard to argue - and gets us at least 90% of what you'd want from a "perfect" system.   Trying to further localize it get's extremely complicated, is hard to evaluate as a player, and would in many instances likely impact gameplay in completely unintended ways that are far more disruptive than anything that happens under the current system.

<S>
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 06:47:38 AM by Ghastly »
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline sycodon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #52 on: August 05, 2010, 07:18:28 AM »
A) How could it not?  2 sides are fighting for a base - each have 10 guys in the air. One closes the hangers, kill the defenders - and when one of them needs to relaunch, they have 25 ENY at all nearby bases because there are no enemy fighters.  Right?  It's either localized or it's not.  

B) I and 10 squadmates want to launch behind the lines.  There are no enemy (aircraft or GV) within 2 sectors.  What's ENY set to and how?

C) 2 sides are fighting at one field.  2 sectors over there is another pair of fields a sector apart.  There's no one launched yet in any of the sectors involved at the currently "unused" front between the second field pair.  Someone wants to up a mission at one of those fields to the other.  Using localized ENY, what's it set to and how?

If the arena is balanced and the current ENY scheme would not kick in, then neither would the local ENY. Only when there is an imbalance that would trigger the current ENY scheme would the local scheme go into affect. The goal being to prevent triggering ENY in some far corner where the action IS balanced.

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2010, 07:23:14 AM »
I never understood players who refuse to switch sides when numbers are grossly imbalanced.

Country Loyalty I understand to a degree.  I started way back when flying as a Knight and 95% of the time I fly Knights. When the Knights out number the bad guys THAT bad I will  usually changed sides.

I am loyal to the game not the country.

Switching sides and evening out the numbers is good for the GAME (and the community) which should be a players priority over loyalty to a country.

Been Bish since day one and will never change, plus our squad rules will not allow it :bolt:
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2010, 07:38:28 AM »
If the arena is balanced and the current ENY scheme would not kick in, then neither would the local ENY. Only when there is an imbalance that would trigger the current ENY scheme would the local scheme go into affect. The goal being to prevent triggering ENY in some far corner where the action IS balanced.

Under the current system, if there's one guy defending and 20 guys attacking on one side of the map and all of the players are elsewhere , but each side has 100 players total, no ENY.   Got it. 

I thought you actually wanted a change in ENY, specifically, were asking that it be applied locally, so that there was fairness everywhere.

Instead, you are simply saying that you don't care how unfair it might be elsewhere, you don't want to be bothered by it in your corner, where it's even (for example 20 vs 20) even though your side actually have 5 times the number of players, and is running rampant over other parts of the map where there's no one available to defend against your side's hordes.

I understand now, this was just a biznatch.  Carry on.

"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2010, 07:43:42 AM »
Call this a troll post if you want and lock it, I don't care.

But it's not my Golly-geened fault if there are fewer players on the other teams than there are on mine.

ENY of 20 plus wrecks the game. Period. While inducing people to just log off may even it out for those left and reduce the load on the server, it doesn't really seem like a sound business plan.

As far as being on the other side, if I'm out numbered 10 to 1, I derive little comfort from the fact they are all flying 25 ENY planes.

There has to be a better way to achieve the stated goals of the ENY system.

/rant

switch sides. problem solved.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline SIK1

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2010, 10:20:48 AM »
Been Bish since day one and will never change, plus our squad rules will not allow it :bolt:

I have never understood this mind set. It's not like you were born into bishland, or that the great bish leader has given you land and a title. Why limit yourself, by keeping your loyalty to one chess piece. Try flying on the country with low numbers, or rotate your squad through the three sides. You never know you might make new friends, find new opponents, and maybe even increase your fun factor.  :O

Just think, if more people started changing countries when the arena needs it we could see the end to these ENY whine threads. :aok
444th Air Mafia since Air Warrior
Proudly flying with VF-17

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2010, 10:28:50 AM »
I have never understood this mind set. It's not like you were born into bishland, or that the great bish leader has given you land and a title. Why limit yourself, by keeping your loyalty to one chess piece. Try flying on the country with low numbers, or rotate your squad through the three sides. You never know you might make new friends, find new opponents, and maybe even increase your fun factor.  :O

Just think, if more people started changing countries when the arena needs it we could see the end to these ENY whine threads. :aok

NOPE!!
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2010, 10:29:16 AM »
having trouble rolling undefended bases  with 25 ENY equipment are we?  :x

What undefended bases? I havent seen one since the new version came out... We manage just fine with high ENY. Gives you the chance to learn other planes and GV's..
« Last Edit: August 05, 2010, 10:32:34 AM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2010, 10:36:24 AM »

I have never understood this mind set.  Try flying on the country with low numbers, or rotate your squad through the three sides. You never know you might make new friends, find new opponents, and maybe even increase your fun factor.  :O

NOPE!!

Too bad, you're missing out on lots of fun.  But it's your decision, and as long as you don't complain about ENY or side imbalance, there's no reason for anyone to try to convert you.   :salute
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals