Author Topic: Frustration  (Read 4045 times)

Offline sycodon

• Zinc Member
Frustration
« on: August 04, 2010, 04:52:07 PM »
Call this a troll post if you want and lock it, I don't care.

But it's not my Golly-geened fault if there are fewer players on the other teams than there are on mine.

ENY of 20 plus wrecks the game. Period. While inducing people to just log off may even it out for those left and reduce the load on the server, it doesn't really seem like a sound business plan.

As far as being on the other side, if I'm out numbered 10 to 1, I derive little comfort from the fact they are all flying 25 ENY planes.

There has to be a better way to achieve the stated goals of the ENY system.

/rant

Offline Tmac7

• Copper Member
Re: Frustration
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2010, 05:03:34 PM »
Can't make everyone happy.
Member of ****ALCHEMIST****

"E Tan Epi Tan"
Proud United States Marine

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2010, 05:03:41 PM »
having trouble rolling undefended bases  with 25 ENY equipment are we?  :x

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2010, 05:06:00 PM »
having trouble rolling undefended bases  with 25 ENY equipment are we?  :x

There is no such thing as undefended bases anymore.

"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2010, 05:07:28 PM »
/rant
Here's how the OP should have gone:
1. Type it in frustration.
2. Preview it.
3. Count to ten.
4. Delete it.

But, since we're all here:

Fly planes with >20 ENY.

Last tour, my personal top five planes in "Kills in"
Brewster (Thanks to JunkieII for pointing out that it is easy mode  :salute)
C.205
I-16
Yak-9U
Hurricane Mk1 (2664 BBs of goodness)
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #5 on: August 04, 2010, 05:08:25 PM »
Suggestions???

I don't mind it as much, in my opinion there are far too many different aircraft to fly to worry about an ENY slider.  If the ENY is 25 due to over whelming odds, then break out the P38's, P47's, P40's, 109's, Spit V's, Mossi's, Bostons, Ju88's, B25's, etc, etc.

While I do not agree that the ENY is the great equalizer, I have yet to see a better alternative to keep a hoard of the better planes away.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #6 on: August 04, 2010, 05:14:36 PM »
Easy, frustration will just get ya skuzzified since nothing good comes from it.  Go take a timeout in the DA, plenty of action in furball lake and no ENY/Perk costs.

<snip>

But it's not my Golly-geened fault if there are fewer players on the other teams than there are on mine.

<snip>

As far as being on the other side, if I'm out numbered 10 to 1, I derive little comfort from the fact they are all flying 25 ENY planes.

/rant

1.  It's not, especialy since everyone has a free choice of what country to play for, relax.  Some people like butter on their toast.  Others like it plain, dry, and cutting your throat on the way down.

2.  That's your prefference.  Personaly I'd need an extra towel if I stumbled upon twenty P-39s/P-40s/109-Es/etc. by myself in a light-fueled Dora.

3.  Many have tried, some have stirred up an intelligent discussion for a while on the subject.  A better and blanaced way is desired by all but hasn't come to light yet, the wishlist/suggestion forum is thataway.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #7 on: August 04, 2010, 05:22:05 PM »
Oh an ENY discussion, how refreshing.  :banana:
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline sycodon

• Zinc Member
A suggestion
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2010, 05:24:21 PM »
Since the stated goal of ENY is to prevent superior forces with perked aircraft from rolling countries with inferior numbers, do this.

Make ENY local. If there are 80 bish on and 30 rooks, it matters not one wit unless those 80 are gang banging on the thirty. In reality, it's more likely that it's smaller groups going against each other. So, base the ENY on the uppers from local bases, not overall. Got a CV off a rook base? If 5 Bish up against five rooks...no local ENY, if 40 Bish up, then the ENY goes up (consistent with the overall ENY scheme). Obviously if the overall numbers are even, then by all means, gang bang a field, but if not, don't punish a few guys looking for a fair fight.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #9 on: August 04, 2010, 05:24:47 PM »
Oh an ENY discussion, how refreshing.  :banana:

I tried to make it a discussion about milkrunning undefended bases, but you guys didn't bite !   :devil

Since the stated goal of ENY is to prevent superior forces with perked aircraft from rolling countries with inferior numbers, do this.

Make ENY local. If there are 80 bish on and 30 rooks, it matters not one wit unless those 80 are gang banging on the thirty. In reality, it's more likely that it's smaller groups going against each other. So, base the ENY on the uppers from local bases, not overall. Got a CV off a rook base? If 5 Bish up against five rooks...no local ENY, if 40 Bish up, then the ENY goes up (consistent with the overall ENY scheme). Obviously if the overall numbers are even, then by all means, gang bang a field, but if not, don't punish a few guys looking for a fair fight.

And how would you adjust for incoming and out going players? 5 defenders decide that the defense is hopeless or jump to defend someplace else, do 5 of the attackers suddenly tower out? Or maybe the ENY just acts on those new players trying to join in, that would make those that are flying much more timid. They wouldn't want to loose their plane because then they couldn't fly with their squad.
« Last Edit: August 04, 2010, 05:29:14 PM by The Fugitive »

Offline caldera

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 04, 2010, 05:33:45 PM »

/rant

There is no better way to have people voluntarily even out the sides.

If you want it to be truly fair, the code could be changed to:

#1 - All players are put on the current low numbered country at log-in.
#2 - Players can switch countries at any time, but only to the current low numbered side.

I bet you'd really like things then.  ;)

There are many great planes over 20 ENY that are great fun.  I chose the P-39D as my main ride last tour.  It was a blast.  :aok
"Then out spake brave Horatius, the Captain of the gate:
 To every man upon this earth, death cometh soon or late.
 And how can man die better, than facing fearful odds.
 For the ashes of his fathers and the temples of his Gods."

Offline sycodon

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 04, 2010, 05:38:05 PM »

>And how would you adjust for incoming and out going players? 5 defenders decide that the defense is hopeless or jump to defend someplace else, do 5 >of the attackers suddenly tower out? Or maybe the ENY just acts on those new players trying to join in, that would make those that are flying much >more timid. They wouldn't want to loose their plane because then they couldn't fly with their squad.

Sounds good to be. Maybe even up the cost of the plane mid flight given the number of opponets. As far as I'm concerned, anything that makes people more afraid to die is good.

Offline druski85

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: August 04, 2010, 05:38:44 PM »
109 G6. 

Learn it, love it. 

Offline whiteman

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: August 04, 2010, 05:39:33 PM »
F4U-1 is a capable plane. If thats not a option sounds like country change in game or move to a new time zone.

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #14 on: August 04, 2010, 05:45:11 PM »
>And how would you adjust for incoming and out going players? 5 defenders decide that the defense is hopeless or jump to defend someplace else, do 5 >of the attackers suddenly tower out? Or maybe the ENY just acts on those new players trying to join in, that would make those that are flying much >more timid. They wouldn't want to loose their plane because then they couldn't fly with their squad.

Sounds good to be. Maybe even up the cost of the plane mid flight given the number of opponets. As far as I'm concerned, anything that makes people more afraid to die is good.

Easy.
You want LWorange and nits have low #s..well your a nit. Personally I wouldnt mind that way but I can see it interfering with squad nights and it will be a little frustrating getting everyone on the same chesspiece.
Personally, I love switching when I see ENY maxing out one country, and switch to the lowest #s. It is alot of fun.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz