Author Topic: Vox  (Read 2615 times)

Offline Closer

• Zinc Member
Vox
« on: August 05, 2010, 03:51:57 PM »
There is a lot of muted vox at various times, like radio button sticking, but that is not the case. Been going on since miles started. The whole squad is noticing this glitch.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Re: Vox
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2010, 06:32:54 AM »
ive noticed it also but have dealt with it. It happens all the time. my squaddies suddenly cut out or they say i do the same. i thought it was just me until my squaddie said something
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #2 on: August 09, 2010, 12:30:03 AM »
Our entire squad is also seeing this bug.

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline TheRapier

• Nickel Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron, My Little Pony
« Reply #3 on: August 09, 2010, 07:25:45 PM »
I've been seeing it in Squad and Range. It seems that for certain players, any transmission over about 4 seconds gets cut off. Doesn't happe with everyone, but for those that it happens to, its pretty regular.
--)-Rapier--
CO Musketeers
Longest continuously operating MMO squadron
Serving your target needs since 1990
They thought it would be a disgrace to go forth in a group.  Each entered the forest at a point that he had chosen where there was no path and where it was darkest. La Queste de St G

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 09, 2010, 07:48:47 PM »
Range is limited to 4 seconds of transmission time. 

I've never heard that squad is, though.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #5 on: August 09, 2010, 09:43:10 PM »
I had a similar problem after the update.  My vox for channel was cutting off. Changing the transmit button location fixed the problem.  Go figure. .. :aok
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline InCrypt

• Copper Member
      • My personal Website.
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 01:00:56 PM »
I too have been having the same problem ever since the Miles update. Fed up with it I’m now searching the forums for an answer. As someone else indicated, range was always a four second limit, but channel – what ever it’s tuned to – was open-ended. The behavior I’m observing is, again on CHANNEL, I’ll be listening to someone’s transmission, such as BigRat in the TA, and I’ll stop getting VOX data (His voice) but will see that he’s still transmitting (Name in upper right corner). I’ll have to send him a request to “repeat after X” – X indicating the moment I lost transmission. The amount of transmission does not appear to apply to the 4 second rule like Range. I can loose him in the first syllable, or after 20 seconds.
I have noticed that I can force this behavior, some times, by hitting the TX button – either Range or Channel. I think that this is causing the MILES system to loose synch and truncate the transmission. What’s weird is, though I might be missing part of the transmission, other guys listening to the transmission hear the entire message. This would indicate that the problem, when initiated by hitting the TX while receiving, is local to my machine.
But, as I said, this can only be duplicated on demand some times. The random nature of this issue is making it difficult to troubleshoot.

As recent as last night I was talking to BigRat, and he said that it was difficult to teach because of this issue. Perhaps this is some new “feature” meant to make us get the feel of the 1940’s radios? But it feels like a bug to me.

Now, TUX, you said you resolved this by changing the TX button. Could you clarify that a bit. Are you saying that you’ve remapped the standard TX button “T” to some other button, such as “F11” for example? Or did you map it to a different button on your joystick?
Buddist proverb: "When the Student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Since I have no teacher I know I'm still working on being ready...

Offline TUK

• Silver Member
      • 13MPG
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 03:36:37 PM »
I remapped the button i was using on the joystick for Tx or (T) button.
CO WD40 (FSO)
Death From Above (DFA) - Main Arena

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2010, 05:32:38 PM »
What’s weird is, though I might be missing part of the transmission, other guys listening to the transmission hear the entire message. This would indicate that the problem, when initiated by hitting the TX while receiving, is local to my machine.

That is my finding as well--- but I can't force it to happen on demand.  Is HTC working on this , or is this only affecting so few of us it doesn't matter?

Regards,

Pandemonium
"HORDE not HOARD. Unless someone has a dragon sitting on top of a bunch of La7s somewhere." -80hd

Offline maddafinga

• Silver Member
      • The Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2010, 06:28:40 PM »
I get it too on squad vox. 
madda
The Musketeers Squadron
http://www.musketeers.org/
When the Dude is recognized in the World, Undudeness is seen everywhere... Dude De Ching
http://dudeism.com/tao/

Offline Foz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: August 24, 2010, 12:24:51 AM »
I am also having this problem as are many in our squad.  It is quite intermittent as stated previously, making it hard to figure out.

It seems to have started with the miles sound system update.

Offline Closer

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: September 07, 2010, 01:57:01 PM »
     Problem Still There

Offline Pand

• Silver Member
      • Pand's Fighter Wing
« Reply #12 on: September 07, 2010, 08:13:28 PM »
By testing with the squad, I have been able to determine:

Person A starts talking, and the vox shuts off, but I still see him transmitting in the upper right corner.

I ask person A to repeat everything from the last thing I heard; however, most times it is only me affected by missing what person A says, other people on squad channel heard his entire transmission with no issues. 

Regards,

Pandemonium

Offline WMLute

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: September 12, 2010, 01:41:58 PM »
same here.

I can't reproduce it but it happens to me every hour at least one if not more.

I even changed my sound card to see if that was it but it wasn't.
"Never tell people how to do things. Tell them what to do and they will surprise you with their ingenuity."
— George Patton

Absurdum est ut alios regat, qui seipsum regere nescit

Offline Foz

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: September 16, 2010, 01:40:41 AM »
vox problem still prevalent after the patch