Author Topic: Collision: how is / should this scenario be scored?  (Read 5202 times)

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Re: Collision: how is / should this scenario be scored?
« Reply #30 on: August 06, 2010, 10:25:57 PM »
I think that if 2 aircraft collide they both go down remember due to certain factors if 2 aircraft hit each other in any way it is almost the same result as if it flew into a flock of birds ( terminal damage ) or as if it hit a brick wall or the ground ( TOTAL DESTRUCTION ) :)

Bullet don't skirt the following question. If you do , you are truly showing how you have no desire to understand the issue at hand.

What do you propose to do if 2 airplanes don't collide, but 1 plane collides and 1 does not. Do not try stray from this 1 simple question.

HiTech

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #31 on: August 06, 2010, 10:53:57 PM »
Bullet don't skirt the following question. If you do , you are truly showing how you have no desire to understand the issue at hand.

What do you propose to do if 2 airplanes don't collide, but 1 plane collides and 1 does not. Do not try stray from this 1 simple question.

HiTech

Well is it not true that if 2 aircraft don't collide but 1 doe's through lack of misjudgement or if one wants to collide. they both get damage no matter what the circumstance's.

Now i understand that in on-line gaming certain things are taken into account. but a collision is a collision no matter what the circumstances are HiTech. My point is that if 2 aircraft hit each other 1 will suffer terminal or both suffer terminal damage or 1 will at least beable to limp home. not 1 blows up and the other Carrys on as if nothing has happened.

Ask a pilot what can happen if 2 aircraft collide and he will tell you that 90% of the time the damage is terminal bud and not 1 aircraft blows up and the other can fly on as if nothing has happened.

That's my point hitech when 2 aircraft collide you have 2 object's in motion and when they hit each other its like them hitting a brick wall.
For example you have 2 Spits on a head to head collision OK. now remember they are both moving at speed OK. OK so the first point of impact is the propeller  spinner's right. now these are the first damage they shall receive right. but remember that although the spinner's are now not moving forward the rest of the aircraft is as it hasn't yet reached deceleration yet as it is still moving forward at say 200 knots. So you get a crumple effect to both aircraft.

Yes there are certain collision scenarios that dictate 1 aircraft can fly off into the sunset with minor damage. but i am talking of straight head on collions bud where if it happen's by rights both plane's are destroyed.

Heck i will even phone you and get my Father who was an airframe's engineer in the RAF as well for 20 years and he will say the same as me almost to a tee bud :)
A collision is a collision and collisions mean damage to both aircraft it is Simple hell you should even have friendly collisions on and none of this if you shoot them you go down its freindly fire bud. Altho this should only come into effect once both aircraft have taken off and are over 1k away from each other  :salute
( By the way have i said that this is the best combat Sim i have found to date ???)
 :salute :salute

Please watch this film Hitech its a dog fight between me and EAce and at the end we both collide but he goes down and i stay in the air with a damaged engine where as the way we collided we both should have went down :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r22846hXSHw
« Last Edit: August 06, 2010, 11:16:34 PM by BulletVI »
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline Blooz

• Gold Member
« Reply #32 on: August 06, 2010, 11:27:53 PM »
Where's Eace's film video? Having just your view is worthless in this discussion.

Here's the part you don't understand. His view of what happened is different than yours. You need to look at both films to see what happened!

I'm not talking about the view from his cockpit in your film. HIS film from HIS cockpit. Because what HE sees and what YOU see are two different things in this virtual world we play in.
White 9
JG11 Sonderstaffel

"You can't vote your way out of communism."

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #33 on: August 07, 2010, 03:01:00 AM »
Where's Eace's film video? Having just your view is worthless in this discussion.

Here's the part you don't understand. His view of what happened is different than yours. You need to look at both films to see what happened!

I'm not talking about the view from his cockpit in your film. HIS film from HIS cockpit. Because what HE sees and what YOU see are two different things in this virtual world we play in.

Here's the video.

http://www.mediafire.com/?x6whmqi9yxeh0mk

This is films of the same flight from the perspective of each pilot superimposed over each other. 

The P-51 Collides.  The P-47 does not.  (See screen shot in Lusche's post from P-47's view)

Should the P-47 go down or take damage too?  From his perspective the P-51 was nowhere near him.  Bit, according to the "both should die" gang, the Jug should mysteriously take damage from the P-51 100 yards behind him.

I still have the feeling someone isn't going to get a cookie.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline save

• Gold Member
« Reply #34 on: August 07, 2010, 05:04:07 AM »

HiTech

HiTech , could you not send a message to the other plane involved in the collision so collision happen to both parties ?

Both should really should take the punishment for the fact they collided.
My ammo last for 6 Lancasters, or one Yak3.
"And the Yak 3 ,aka the "flying Yamato"..."
-Caldera

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #35 on: August 07, 2010, 07:01:26 AM »
HiTech , could you not send a message to the other plane involved in the collision so collision happen to both parties ?

Both should really should take the punishment for the fact they collided.

Did you watch the above example?

Did you read what Hitech wrote?

Or. do you want both planes to be damaged if only one collides?

Someone flys past you.  You get a Someone has collided with you message.  To you. it looks like he is 100 yards to your right.  But, suddenly, you go spinning out of control because you've lost your wing due to his collision.

Is this what you want?

No cookie for you.

wrongway

71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
« Reply #36 on: August 07, 2010, 07:31:21 AM »
Bullet you are saying that you wish to die every time you collide with an airplane?

HiTech

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #37 on: August 07, 2010, 08:53:39 AM »
Bullet you are saying that you wish to die every time you collide with an airplane?

HiTech

I think he wants to die every time someone collides with him, whether  he collides as well or not.

:headscratch:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: August 07, 2010, 08:56:33 AM »
Please watch this film Hitech its a dog fight between me and EAce and at the end we both collide but he goes down and i stay in the air with a damaged engine where as the way we collided we both should have went down :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r22846hXSHw

Not the way I saw it ... which was very hard to see.

His wing tip hit your engine causing a catastrophic failure on his wing, which then ripped off, and your engine was damaged from the collision.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline SlapShot

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #39 on: August 07, 2010, 08:58:43 AM »

HiTech

Sounds like it to me ... even tho part of the collision may not be catastrophic to one plane, both planes should fall apart like legos.
SlapShot - Blue Knights

Guppy: "The only risk we take is the fight, and since no one really dies, the reward is the fight."

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #40 on: August 07, 2010, 09:17:53 AM »

HiTech

No, sir.  I don't think that is what he is saying.  I have interpreted the comments to mean ....  "I have a learning disability; and no matter how much you explain it (with or without pictures) I will still refuse to understand or accept the answer."
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline NCLawman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2010, 09:20:06 AM »
Heck i will even phone you and get my Father who was an airframe's engineer in the RAF as well for 20 years and he will say the same as me almost to a tee bud :)

:rofl

Look out Hitech.....   He is going to tell his daddy on you!!    :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl
Jeff / NCLawMan (in-game)

Those who contribute the least to society, expect the most from it.

Light travels faster than sound.  This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

Offline MonkGF

• Copper Member
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2010, 09:37:14 AM »
Can anyone make an animated .gif from a .wmv?  I have the film that Lusche posted a while back with both pilot's perspectives superimposed on one another.  It would be a simple visual that would open alot of eyes I think.

Took me a bit to find the tools, but:

-- Greg Stelmack
-- Ex-AW pilot, Gunfighters Squadron

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2010, 09:39:54 AM »

HiTech

Yeah its expected or at least both plane's go down but you have a chance to bail out depending if it is just a wing collision you have the chance to bail unless you below 1000 feet. but i do believe that if you have two aircraft that goo head to head and collide and both go down or blow up. It will cut down the number of head on firing that a lot of player's use as they know that there is now a chance they will die as well.

I Mean pilot's in WW2 rarely went head on in a dogfight as it was the quickest way to the Pearly Gate's :) It was only done on pure desperation like when 1 pilot was in a dogfight and out numbered. Now against bomber's its a sound tactic as you have a target that is big and easily avoidable.

I just think it's a fairer out come HiTech  :salute

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #44 on: August 07, 2010, 09:43:14 AM »
:rofl

Look out Hitech.....   He is going to tell his daddy on you!!    :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl :rofl

Nope but with his brain and knowledge of airframes its a case if he doesn't know it it ain't worth knowing about :)
He knows far more than me bud cripe's he was working on meteor's to start with :)