Author Topic: Is this what you wanted HTC?  (Read 10094 times)

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
Re: Is this what you wanted HTC?
« Reply #105 on: August 10, 2010, 01:19:11 PM »
Maybe a yearly event..... one LW arena being setup for FFA one day during the Con. Then the next day fairies with vulcans.  :rofl

UFOs maybe??
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #106 on: August 10, 2010, 01:19:47 PM »
Then the next day fairies with vulcans.  :rofl
Hurri2s?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline FBGrave

• Zinc Member
« Reply #107 on: August 10, 2010, 01:53:49 PM »
Look at all Aces High has to offer :  AvA, FSo, heavy metal sunday, european campaign, DA, scenario, KOH,.... etc, etc..
There must be something that would interest you other than MA.
I think AH is a great time waster... 'Time well wasted' ..lol
Don't go where the road don't go

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #108 on: August 10, 2010, 02:30:30 PM »
That mentality justifies the OP's rant. It's all centered on what you want not what brings people to AH and keeps them coming back, not something that makes the main arenas better, not something that changes the lame behavior that people are so quick to whine about.

Furballs occur all the time in the LW mains. The length of time they last is determined by how long the fh or cv stays up.

In every furball, someone is going to HO, pick, kill steal, not call a check six, etc...and after a short while the furball stops being fun for the "you ain't got skillz unless you can 1v1" crowd, and they go find another fight. Or someone kills the fh and everyone yells at the "fun police".

In every furball someone is talkin trash about another persons lame behavior, as if there is some sort of ridiculous etiquette expected in a furball.

When you take away the ridiculous notions about what people think they want, it all boils down to - fighters want an opportunity to engage in an aerial battle, as long as it fits their silly ideology. Bombers want to be able to drop bombs and land with as many damage points as possible, without having to deal with someone trying to shoot them down. Tankers want to be able to have tank warz, without having to deal with someone dropping bombs on them. And the armchair generals are all trying to win the war and it doesn't matter who is doing what as long as they come running with every single "ALERT!!!"..."HELP"...blah blah blah.

But none of those groups wants to do anything without denying the others the ability to do what they want in the arenas provided for the overall community, or making silly requests for HTC to provide yet more resources just so a select few can have a few jollies. The best thing about all of that is the dueling arena has places for whatever people want to engage in, but no one wants to go there even though that is reason for it's existence. But hey, it's easier to ask HTC to declare 1 day a week <insert silly desire here> on the main arenas just so they can avoid going to the DA or making an attempt to actually think about what makes the main arenas fun.

hmmmmmmmm well as foretold the first of the "go to the DA'ers" has lipped up to impart upon the rest of us poor foolish mortals his opinion of just how bad an idea this would be. isn't it funny that those that preach the most in their threads about what other people want are the first to want to jam down the throats of the rest of us just how what we might want shouldn't matter?

does the DA have kill shooter off???? no i think not!

does the DA have friendly collision???? no i think not!

can you kill the guy from your own country that just happens to be silly enough to fly in front of you???? no i think not!!

can you kill every red guy near you and decide that your squaddies hide would look funny stuffed and mounted on your trophy wall and kill him without having to land/ditch, switch countries, re-up, go find your squaddie (who by now probably knows what your up to) kill all the friendlies around him and then commence the hunt for your squaddies beloved skin to mount and hang upon your trophy wall???

see the "go to the DA mentality" doesn't always work for all of the insidious things that the mind of a Muppet can cook up. so instead of just being the generic type of nay-sayer why dont you help create an idea that will suit the occasion? instead of just spouting the big ball of nothing that everyone who doesn't like change spouts why don't you apply that (and no insult hidden here, compliment intended) higher level of intelligence to helping us figure a way to make it work instead of just saying "NO".
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #109 on: August 10, 2010, 02:36:05 PM »
That mentality justifies the OP's rant. It's all centered on what you want not what brings people to AH and keeps them coming back, not something that makes the main arenas better, not something that changes the lame behavior that people are so quick to whine about.

Furballs occur all the time in the LW mains. The length of time they last is determined by how long the fh or cv stays up.

In every furball, someone is going to HO, pick, kill steal, not call a check six, etc...and after a short while the furball stops being fun for the "you ain't got skillz unless you can 1v1" crowd, and they go find another fight. Or someone kills the fh and everyone yells at the "fun police".

In every furball someone is talkin trash about another persons lame behavior, as if there is some sort of ridiculous etiquette expected in a furball.

When you take away the ridiculous notions about what people think they want, it all boils down to - fighters want an opportunity to engage in an aerial battle, as long as it fits their silly ideology. Bombers want to be able to drop bombs and land with as many damage points as possible, without having to deal with someone trying to shoot them down. Tankers want to be able to have tank warz, without having to deal with someone dropping bombs on them. And the armchair generals are all trying to win the war and it doesn't matter who is doing what as long as they come running with every single "ALERT!!!"..."HELP"...blah blah blah.

But none of those groups wants to do anything without denying the others the ability to do what they want in the arenas provided for the overall community, or making silly requests for HTC to provide yet more resources just so a select few can have a few jollies. The best thing about all of that is the dueling arena has places for whatever people want to engage in, but no one wants to go there even though that is reason for it's existence. But hey, it's easier to ask HTC to declare 1 day a week <insert silly desire here> on the main arenas just so they can avoid going to the DA or making an attempt to actually think about what makes the main arenas fun.

Your correct.  There are places already provided to do all these things that they dont take advantage of now, they are ghost towns now.  

I would also like to address some that are trying to spin this into something about not being able to fly with squaddies or the size of a squad.  It has nothing to do with that whatsoever.  I can and do fly with only a few squad mates on at a time, others may even be in another arena, may not be any of us on.

So before you start your spin, recognize that a problem has been stated (from the community) about 1 side being ganged.
That issue of what many have stated is a problem with hording 1 side in this 3 sided chess game, it isn't coincidence, it isn't because they are outnumbering anyone, even if they don't have the numbers its gang 1 side.  What does the communty have to say about it?  Nothing. 

Nothing is being done about it from the community, the one community that talks all the trash about not ruining gameplay of others, and all the other blah blah blah horsecrap they spew about wanting a decent fight.  Some of the biggest names and oldest players here have totally contradicted themselves that have said they wanted "change" to this game for the better are the ones that are relishing what HT has created for them, just one big mega horde.  

I don't even want to get into the idiots that don't even play that seem to have something to say about the game they don't participate in that post on the BBS.....  :rolleyes:

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #110 on: August 10, 2010, 02:43:44 PM »

I don't even want to get into the idiots that don't even play that seem to have something to say about the game they don't participate in that post on the BBS.....  :rolleyes:

That's always kind of stuck in my craw too Boss.  It's like a fantasy footballer yelling instructions to an NFL player during the game... :rolleyes:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #111 on: August 10, 2010, 02:54:00 PM »
I play this game for one reason: to kill other players toons.

That is where I get my enjoyment today.  All other interests and desires neatly funnel into that one main overriding desire.  To kill your toon.

I accept fully that other people have other reasons to play and I do not fault any of them.  As long as it means I get to kill their toons.

I accept that most of the whines in this thread come from people not as far along the AH evolutionary path as myself.  Someday they will be able to snatch the pebbles from my hand.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #112 on: August 10, 2010, 02:56:28 PM »
hmmmmmmmm well as foretold the first of the "go to the DA'ers" has lipped up to impart upon the rest of us poor foolish mortals his opinion of just how bad an idea this would be. isn't it funny that those that preach the most in their threads about what other people want are the first to want to jam down the throats of the rest of us just how what we might want shouldn't matter?

does the DA have kill shooter off???? no i think not!

does the DA have friendly collision???? no i think not!

can you kill the guy from your own country that just happens to be silly enough to fly in front of you???? no i think not!!

can you kill every red guy near you and decide that your squaddies hide would look funny stuffed and mounted on your trophy wall and kill him without having to land/ditch, switch countries, re-up, go find your squaddie (who by now probably knows what your up to) kill all the friendlies around him and then commence the hunt for your squaddies beloved skin to mount and hang upon your trophy wall???

see the "go to the DA mentality" doesn't always work for all of the insidious things that the mind of a Muppet can cook up. so instead of just being the generic type of nay-sayer why dont you help create an idea that will suit the occasion? instead of just spouting the big ball of nothing that everyone who doesn't like change spouts why don't you apply that (and no insult hidden here, compliment intended) higher level of intelligence to helping us figure a way to make it work instead of just saying "NO".
You sir are a mental giant. When you find killshooter off and friendly collision on in the main arenas, there won't be anything but squeakers left in them and a hundred separate whine threads in the forums. But then someone with a high IQ would know and understand that.

Perhaps reading comprehension is not your strong suit. I never said "go to the DA". I said it's there if the garbage you first spouted is truly that important to you. I hope you understand the inference there. Read it carefully.

If you want an arena to go stupid in, try asking really nicely if one of the AvA admins would mind setting up the AvA server for something like that...you never know, you could get a whole week.

I'm with you on that one. Seems to be more of them coming out of the woodwork whenever someone mentions "the good ole days".
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #113 on: August 10, 2010, 04:32:55 PM »
I accept that most of the whines in this thread come from people not as far along the AH evolutionary path as myself.  Someday they will be able to snatch the pebbles from my hand.

<Sig>
"If I enjoy wasting my time is it really time wasted?"

— Me
No self esteem problems here.  Even quoted his favorite person in his sig.

More seriously, AH is not about Social Darwinism.  It is about what makes one happy within the framework of the game and norms of behavior per HTC. 

Really, who get's dates based on their mad AH skills?
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #114 on: August 10, 2010, 04:38:05 PM »
.....Really, who get's dates based on their mad AH skills?

you serious????  I have gotten so many chicks cuz my elite pilot skill, chicks dig pilots....oh wait maybe its the long....hair ya thats gotta be it... :D

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #115 on: August 10, 2010, 04:38:50 PM »
you serious????  I have gotten so many chicks cuz my elite pilot skill, chicks dig pilots....oh wait maybe its the long....hair ya thats gotta be it... :D

You should see my Army of Muppets "Grizz" figher jacket.  Needless to say, I wear it to the bars and never go home alone.

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #116 on: August 10, 2010, 04:48:07 PM »
You should see my Army of Muppets "Grizz" figher jacket.  Needless to say, I wear it to the bars and never go home alone.
That’s only because they think if they hang out with you enough they may get a chance to meet the SunBat… :cool:
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #117 on: August 10, 2010, 04:51:27 PM »

You left out the part of there being no women in these bars  ;)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #118 on: August 10, 2010, 04:54:58 PM »
You left out the part of there being no women in these bars  ;)

Not after I leave there aren't.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #119 on: August 10, 2010, 05:00:40 PM »
 :rofl :rofl :rofl :cry :cry :cry :rofl :rofl :rofl