Author Topic: Is this what you wanted HTC?  (Read 10040 times)

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
Re: Is this what you wanted HTC?
« Reply #120 on: August 10, 2010, 05:03:00 PM »
you serious????  I have gotten so many chicks cuz my elite pilot skill, chicks dig pilots....oh wait maybe its the long....hair ya thats gotta be it... :D

Ink that's the hair on your back......and how many times must i tell you, Sunsfan in a mini skirt does not count as a "CHICK"?!  :huh although he is hot in those black stilettos isn't he???  :x :x

You should see my Army of Muppet's "Grizz" figher jacket.  Needless to say, I wear it to the bars and never go home alone.

Grizz you go to the "barNs" not bars!!!! i understand, just a little typo.....right?  :O

as to the other guy that i was exchanging words with in this thread.

you have brought to my attention the saddening fact that you ARE NOT AS INTELIGENT as i had first perceived. so i will waste no more time in a discussion with one who is apparently mentally deficient.

a person so deficient in fact that they cannot understand that an "inference", when made with such a clarity of thought that no mistaking the makers intended meaning is reasonably possible, even to a man of common intelligence and faculties, then the inference, for purposes of all legal matters is a "statement".

maybe, before you consider being condescending and insulting to someone who just minutes before, although disagreeing with you, complimented your intelligence, you should stop and reconsider just how stupid this person may make you look while feeding you your own words.

say as you will this discussion with you is forever closed as far as im concerned, you bore me.

good day sir.

<<S>> MUPPET'S

« Last Edit: August 10, 2010, 05:20:57 PM by FLOTSOM »
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #121 on: August 10, 2010, 05:16:12 PM »
I have not taken the time to read this whole thread but I'm sure it's just 9 pages of telling JB42 to get used to it or GTFO. However, he is 100% right. This game is a far cry from what it used to be. Some things have been made easier, some harder. All in an effort to push the game  in one direction so one group of players will be happy. It used to be that at any given time there was a lot of things going on and you could pick and choose how you wanted to play. Now your choices are severely limited if you have a choice at all. Many times I log on and there is only one fight going on. A 30 plane low alt furball is not really that fun so more often than not I just log off.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #122 on: August 10, 2010, 05:17:00 PM »
Well your saying there are no tactics and your are being outnumbered, try to learn/create tactics for multi-enemy engagement.

Or change the airplane that you fly, learn to master a new plane.

Exactly. My own question: What could 8 really good pilots, working cooperatively and with proven tactics, do to a mobbish furball?

I'm not that curious about that - because,
1. I think I know
2. I'm still trying to develop as a pilot

The OP, otoh, who seems to have some (legitimate) claim on experienced status, might want to try to break some new ground here.

Who knows, it might lead to a trend that transforms the MAs into something more like the OP's want. Leadership often looks like that - somebody trying something for the first time.

Whining, otoh, is unattractive and unproductive - and I've seen lots of people do it, have probably engaged in it myself here and there. It's just useful to remember that whining isn't the goalpost on which we drive.  
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #123 on: August 10, 2010, 05:17:06 PM »
You should see my Army of Muppets "Grizz" figher jacket.  Needless to say, I wear it to the bars and never go home alone.

I don't care who you are, that's funny! :rofl
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #124 on: August 10, 2010, 05:32:29 PM »
This game is a far cry from what it used to be.
a Far cry is really quite far.  Are you sure you want to invoke the far cry?

Maybe a medium cry?  a Close cry??
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #125 on: August 10, 2010, 05:34:09 PM »
I don't care who you are, that's funny! :rofl
Hehe...I really didn't laugh at all.  For me it just wasn't funny  :salute
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #126 on: August 10, 2010, 06:06:29 PM »

Tough crowd.  :uhoh

Offline E25280

• Gold Member
      • http://125thspartanforums.com
« Reply #127 on: August 10, 2010, 06:08:00 PM »
He already said he didn't care who you are.   :rolleyes:
Brauno in a past life, followed by LTARget
SWtarget in current incarnation
Captain and Communications Officer~125th Spartans

"Proudly drawing fire so that my brothers may pass unharmed."

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #128 on: August 10, 2010, 06:28:37 PM »
I have not taken the time to read this whole thread but I'm sure it's just 9 pages of telling JB42 to get used to it or GTFO. However, he is 100% right. This game is a far cry from what it used to be. Some things have been made easier, some harder. All in an effort to push the game  in one direction so one group of players will be happy. It used to be that at any given time there was a lot of things going on and you could pick and choose how you wanted to play. Now your choices are severely limited if you have a choice at all. Many times I log on and there is only one fight going on. A 30 plane low alt furball is not really that fun so more often than not I just log off.
So, for you and JB42 (as well as a few others) it would be more to your liking if HTC forced it to remain the way you so fondly remember back in the "good ole days". Fewer plane choices, older graphics, few terrains, same squeakers, same whines, etc... I would say there is the Mid war were there is less hording and picking, but that would garner some silly retort along the lines of "shouldn't have to", "don't feel like flying around for an hour looking for a fight", "can't fly my superduperlatewarmonster like I want", or some other nonsense to try and deflect any attempt at using common sense just because of ones childish notion that one should always get what one wants exactly the way one wants it. Nevermind the fact that normal mature adults understand that our experiences are made from 99% of our own choices, not other peoples.

as to the other guy that i was exchanging words with in this thread.

you have brought to my attention the saddening fact that you ARE NOT AS INTELIGENT as i had first perceived. so i will waste no more time in a discussion with one who is apparently mentally deficient.

a person so deficient in fact that they cannot understand that an "inference", when made with such a clarity of thought that no mistaking the makers intended meaning is reasonably possible, even to a man of common intelligence and faculties, then the inference, for purposes of all legal matters is a "statement".

maybe, before you consider being condescending and insulting to someone who just minutes before, although disagreeing with you, complimented your intelligence, you should stop and reconsider just how stupid this person may make you look while feeding you your own words.
Obviously you didn't get the inference, nor know the actual definition. Try as I might, it is nigh impossible to view any compliment in your previous posting, whether it was direct, inferred, or otherwise.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Babalonian

• Platinum Member
      • Pigs on the Wing
« Reply #129 on: August 10, 2010, 07:15:53 PM »

Don't worry, one of these days your jacket too will be attractive and broken in with more than just the flying dumbo and cadet badge on it.
-Babalon
"Let's light 'em up and see how they smoke."
POTW IIw Oink! - http://www.PigsOnTheWing.org

Wow, you guys need help.

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #130 on: August 10, 2010, 08:09:33 PM »
I would say there is the Mid war were there is less hording and picking, but that would garner some silly retort along the lines of "shouldn't have to", "don't feel like flying around for an hour looking for a fight", "can't fly my superduperlatewarmonster like I want", or some other nonsense to try and deflect any attempt at using common sense just because of ones childish notion that one should always get what one wants exactly the way one wants it.

This.

- oldman

Offline grumpy37

• Silver Member
      • What I do
« Reply #131 on: August 10, 2010, 08:40:00 PM »
Im guessing Gyrene hasnt been in MW in the last 6 months lol.  Thats exactly what MW has turned into and why I have moved to LW for the most part.  Use to be able to get decent fights but not really anymore.  You get the same 5 on 1 or if you get lucky enough for a 1v1 one or my "friends" show up and make it a 4v1 
CO VF-10 "Grim Reapers"   Member JG54 in AVA

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #132 on: August 10, 2010, 09:18:33 PM »
a Far cry is really quite far.  Are you sure you want to invoke the far cry?

Maybe a medium cry?  a Close cry??

Yup, far.

Really, really far.
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #133 on: August 10, 2010, 09:27:02 PM »
So, for you and JB42 (as well as a few others) it would be more to your liking if HTC forced it to remain the way you so fondly remember back in the "good ole days". Fewer plane choices, older graphics, few terrains, same squeakers, same whines, etc... I would say there is the Mid war were there is less hording and picking, but that would garner some silly retort along the lines of "shouldn't have to", "don't feel like flying around for an hour looking for a fight", "can't fly my superduperlatewarmonster like I want", or some other nonsense to try and deflect any attempt at using common sense just because of ones childish notion that one should always get what one wants exactly the way one wants it. Nevermind the fact that normal mature adults understand that our experiences are made from 99% of our own choices, not other peoples.

Since I started playing there has been 3 new planes and some terrains have actually gone away. As far as graphics, the new stuff is better but still really outdated. It would be nice to have more trees like we used to have. There will always be squeakers and whiners and both should just be ignored.

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2010, 09:52:56 PM »
Exactly. My own question: What could 8 really good pilots, working cooperatively and with proven tactics, do to a mobbish furball?

What you'll find is the mob moving elsewhere.  Any kind of decent resistance tends to do this.

To clarify.  If you have guys on both sides of the fight who are actually looking to fight, things will be different and a decent ongoing brawl can be had.  If it's all about the base take, then you can just about bet the house the mob will find a spot where there is less resistance.

I was up for a bit the other night and was flying for the low numbers side.  A mob was doing everything they could to take one base and there was a decent defense that was denying them.  It was a halfway decent fight too, even though it meant upping into a crowd.

Some guy comes on 200 gloating about how they'd taken three bases while we were defending the other base.  It absolutely amazed me that he saw any sort of accomplishment in taking three undefended bases thanks to his team having more numbers. 

I would like to think that in the overall scheme of things, a good fight would be far more important then cartoon real estate.  But that's a different argument I guess :)
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters