Author Topic: Is this what you wanted HTC?  (Read 10104 times)

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
Re: Is this what you wanted HTC?
« Reply #150 on: August 11, 2010, 07:29:38 AM »
:headscratch:

the fight is the reason to fight....the fight is where its at.

Then by this logic all arenas should be WW1 Arena format. Simplistic objective, no higher objective.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline RufusLeaking

• Silver Member
« Reply #151 on: August 11, 2010, 08:07:12 AM »
Also keep in mind the things that haven't changed. Dive bombing 4 engine bombers. Two engine bombers out flying single engine fighters. Bushes flipping tanks.
In HTC’s defense, their input here is the physics.  Player behavior diverges from historical behaviors because there is no negative consequences.  A six man crew (a guess for the Lancaster) doesn’t die every time an AH player does a suicide run.  All HTC has done is model the planes performance and set a damage/failure model.

The iron bushes are an interesting design choice.  I am guessing that it has to do with the coding and resource issues of trying to model the physics of every blade of grass.

You have a game that is evolving into one massive furball. You have a game that has many known and old issues unresolved. You have a game that is slowly going away from strategy and objectives and closer to the arcade game 1945.
I disagree with the doom and gloom, but I will make a concession.

Last night, JB42, you and another guy came over against the Knights, away from the main furball.  It was a good mix of planes (C.205, Yak-9U, P-47D11) and a 2v2, 3v2.  You sent me to the tower, I collided with someone.  Any, soon, about 10 knights launched and overwhelmed a reasonable fight.

This, again, is player behavior.  What can HTC do about it?
GameID: RufLeak
Claim Jumpers

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: August 11, 2010, 08:37:22 AM »
Then by this logic all arenas should be WW1 Arena format. Simplistic objective, no higher objective.

Right... there'd be no call for altitude or to up anything other than fighters. I love the variety.I just don't get this guy's major malfunction - but then, I only joined last year.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #153 on: August 11, 2010, 08:51:02 AM »
Right... there'd be no call for altitude or to up anything other than fighters. I love the variety.I just don't get this guy's major malfunction - but then, I only joined last year.

Not a malfunction, as every subscriber plays for different reasons. Personally, I fight toward and end goal, not simply to win another fight in a myriad of fights. Too simplistic of a game would lose my interest very quickly. Complexity is intriguing.
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
« Reply #154 on: August 11, 2010, 09:35:22 AM »
as to the other guy that i was exchanging words with in this thread.

you have brought to my attention the saddening fact that you ARE NOT AS INTELIGENT as i had first perceived. so i will waste no more time in a discussion with one who is apparently mentally deficient.

a person so deficient in fact that they cannot understand that an "inference", when made with such a clarity of thought that no mistaking the makers intended meaning is reasonably possible, even to a man of common intelligence and faculties, then the inference, for purposes of all legal matters is a "statement".

maybe, before you consider being condescending and insulting to someone who just minutes before, although disagreeing with you, complimented your intelligence, you should stop and reconsider just how stupid this person may make you look while feeding you

Nothing better then a grown man stating how intelligent he is and how another isn't in a forum regarding a freaking VIDEO game. Seriously gents everybody needs to get over themselves. Can't be too bright if you spend the majority of your free time playing a freaking video game. C'mon you guys really can't be serious, GET OVER YOURSELVES! It's a video game nothing more nothing less. I'm better then you cause I fly a p-38 I'm better then you because I do this etc... seriously take a step back and think about it. LMFAO i read these forums everyday and I just laugh how pathetic am I to name myself DMGOD. yet I read the stuff you holier then thou people write and I think geez  these guys are way worse then me. lol ladies get a grip  <3 DMGOD

Kinda sounds like the things said on channel 200 :x........Popcorn anyone :cheers:
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #155 on: August 11, 2010, 10:01:22 AM »
Not a malfunction, as every subscriber plays for different reasons. Personally, I fight toward and end goal, not simply to win another fight in a myriad of fights. Too simplistic of a game would lose my interest very quickly. Complexity is intriguing.
There are a lot of people with the same attitude playing right now, which makes it suitable for a larger number of people.

The thing is JB42, his buddies, the people who no longer play but feel inclined to include their half penny of intellect, and the rest who think HTC should make AH so every active player does things their way, have the notion that if 95% of the player population isn't doing things the way they think it should be done, then it's broken and HTC should fix it. Your typical schoolyard deflection of responsibility, "they should be doing it my way".
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline JB42

• Nickel Member
« Reply #156 on: August 11, 2010, 10:05:09 AM »
I made my observations and asked HTC if this is what they wanted. I don't recall EVER asking for anything to be changed. Thanks for injecting your opinion into my mind. Now get out!
" The only thing upping from the CV are lifejackets." - JB15

" Does this Pony make my butt look fat?" - JB11

" I'd rather shoot down 1 Spit in a 109 than 10 109s in a Spit." - JB42

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #157 on: August 11, 2010, 10:18:25 AM »
Ive come up against jb42 before.  Anything you do that prevents him from killing you is YOUR fault.  and anything you do that kills him is YOUR fault.

lolz
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #158 on: August 11, 2010, 10:21:09 AM »
Ive come up against jb42 before.  Anything you do that prevents him from killing you is YOUR fault.  and anything you do that kills him is YOUR fault.

lolz

I wasn't going there but that's kind of the opinion I was starting to form. I hereby open the "race to the bottom" on this topic. Get IN now!
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: August 11, 2010, 10:24:05 AM »
Tough crowd.  :uhoh

Yeeeesh.  Yes.  Besides you never said who or what you were leaving with... :bolt:
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #160 on: August 11, 2010, 10:29:19 AM »
I made my observations and asked HTC if this is what they wanted. I don't recall EVER asking for anything to be changed. Thanks for injecting your opinion into my mind. Now get out!
Seems kind of obvious don't it? Ever consider that the problem is your attitude and nothing else? Seems like a whole lot of people are still having fun in spite of your "observations". Such a sad little person you must be...a video game is controlling your life.

I wasn't going there but that's kind of the opinion I was starting to form. I hereby open the "race to the bottom" on this topic. Get IN now!
IN
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline Ghosth

• AH Training Corps (retired)
  • Plutonium Member
      • http://332nd.org
« Reply #161 on: August 11, 2010, 10:51:30 AM »
Incredible, Intangible, and INconceivable!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #162 on: August 11, 2010, 10:55:41 AM »
^^
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #163 on: August 11, 2010, 12:21:30 PM »
only time it was not a huge factor was back in the day when you paid by the minute to be online, so everyone was careful about how they engaged another player...but then these days, careful means timid. Back then everyone used as much of an advantage as they could get...but if you do that today, your not only timid, your a picker or run dweeb or some other b.s. It's really quite comical how nobody seems to remember the true reality of how things were done in the past versus now.

It was my experience when Air Warrior and Warbirds were pay by the hour, fights were easier, there was less of a tendency to hord and it was rare to run into someone that was more willing to tuck their tail and run than fight.  Of course, when you're paying $6 - $12 bucks an hour to play, you just want to jump into the thick of things instead of literally wasting money flying around like a old lady out for a Sunday drive.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline lulu

• Silver Member
« Reply #164 on: August 11, 2010, 12:39:13 PM »
Before:

33% furballing (few and or massive) or  also 1 vs 1 (expecially when there were factories etc.)

33%  base capturing

33% field defending

1% bad use of chat!  :bolt:   :lol

Now?

90% flying to kill bugs!

10% super huge field capturing      :noid

mobilis in mobile