Author Topic: Is this what you wanted HTC?  (Read 10060 times)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: Is this what you wanted HTC?
« Reply #195 on: August 12, 2010, 07:47:45 AM »
Puma,  no to either but I did edit both of them for use specifically in here.  :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #196 on: August 12, 2010, 09:34:25 AM »
I totally agree with JB42 <S>. It's relative noobies and pandering to them and furballers. When you said put a quarter in i laughed caused that's exactly what i think AH is...  an arcade game. I could see that when they came out with the silly ww1 arena. But like tonight it's not even that. With a 29 ENY in one arena and not able to go into the other arena, the only choice is to quit. Almost everyone flies the late arenas. I don't know the use of the early or mid arenas. A lot of good my $14.95 is. 59 quarters to pull the plunger and watch the ball. Need to change my hit sounds to "ding-ding".

To be fair, graphics wise I am impressed with the new towns and fields. I don't mind them being harder cause that just takes more teamwork. (something the knights need to re-learn)   :salute
What would you have HTC do there Mister Wizard? See, you, JB42, and the rest whining in their Gerber pudding should think back to when you were noobs and logged into the main arenas for the first time. But then I'm sure all of the "I've been here since AW on Genie" "oh the good ole days" crowd were experts before they even saw the game. Fact is everyone starts out as a noob and if the game forced you to play the way you're thinking it should be done right now, very few would be here lamenting the goold ole days, you would be doing something else.

The main arenas exist to give every player from 2 week geek to uber ace experten a level playing field. Everything that happens is player choice. They have to be that way or the population of players you see now would not exist, very few people would extend beyond their 2 week trial. Once you clowns get that into your little craniums life will be much easier for you. But then maybe that's what all the short sighted little minds of the adult children crying in their oatmeal want, only the airplanes they want to use being available in the hangar, 1999 graphics and terrains, everyone forced to play the way they think it should be played, and just 50 other 1d10ts in the same arena doing the exact same thing, regardless of whether or not HTC could stay in business.

You want something besides arcade? Go to the AvA, or participate in a scenario. But then you probably couldn't handle the settings...so that would mean arcade is what you really want.

gyrene81 now to you sir, i may owe an apology. i have reread the conversation between us and maybe my original responce to you was hostile in its mannerism when i wasn't intending to be so. if i am the one that ruffled the feathers between us then i do apologize. this does not mean i agree with your point of view, to the contrary i still think a once in a while FFA arena would make for a fun and interesting night. but i had no intention of turning this thread into anything more than a good hearted discussion, not into an argument or a battle of wordy insults. i was and still am serious when i inferred ( :) ) that you were intelligent. you are well spoken and intelligent in your posts. so i do retract and apologize for any and every statement i made to the contray of that fact.
FLOTSOM, no need for an apology. I fired first on the merge. One thing that bothers me to no end is to see grown men spending precious moments of their lives crying about a video game in a public online forum like children throwing a temper tantrum in a store, and I do not hesitate to point out the flawed intellect behind that kind of behavior. Your choice of words prompted my rather sharp response.

I realize I'm probably in the minority with the belief that AH is a game that has been created in a manner that allows me to make of it what I want. There is not one other person playing AH that dictates how my life turns out on any given day. Don't get me wrong, there are things about AH that bother me but I cannot substantiate my dislikes with adequate historical documentation so as an adult I make the choice to continue without putting blame on HTC for what I find to be to my disliking. I don't enjoy every aspect of AH or the events as they occur in the main arenas, but for me to dwell on what I dislike and allow it to taint my experience puts the power and the responsibility of my enjoyment on the shoulders of HTC and every other player in AH. And no one carries that power over me, but there are grown men within this community that cannot take such responsibility upon themselves and feel justified in making everyone else responsible for thier experiences. If they would "man up" like the rest of us adults, their experiences could very well be different.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2010, 10:12:18 AM by gyrene81 »
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #197 on: August 12, 2010, 09:43:40 AM »
What would you have HTC do there Mister Wizard?

On the upside, JB won't be wanting for holes from which to make dookie.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #198 on: August 12, 2010, 10:14:42 AM »
After the enthusiasm over that new idea, that arcade sure flopped.
what a cheap shot.  To quote an old truth: "Don't go away mad.......just go away".
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Bear76

• Platinum Member
« Reply #199 on: August 12, 2010, 01:56:44 PM »
Ive come up against jb42 before.  Anything you do that prevents him from killing you is YOUR fault.  and anything you do that kills him is YOUR fault.

lolz

Quite possibly the most ridiculous post I've read to date. I've never known JB42 to be anything but a classy opponent. Win or lose.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #200 on: August 12, 2010, 02:07:09 PM »
Quite possibly the most ridiculous post I've read to date. I've never known JB42 to be anything but a classy opponent. Win or lose.

I can't say either way... but I enjoyed the hyperventilated invective anyway. There's little that rivals character assassination for pure entertainment value.

You might say the post to which you're respeonding was "extrapolating" based on the OP's post.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #201 on: August 12, 2010, 02:10:28 PM »
eh...maybe it was bear76?  these dolts with numbers in their name tend to glob together in my mind.

:neener:
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline DeltaFox

• Zinc Member
« Reply #202 on: August 12, 2010, 02:21:33 PM »
Economics 101 I learned all consumer products have a life span.  To keep the game going and hopefully profitable and keep the numbers of people coming to Aces High to make it monetarily feasible to stay in business, they invented the word MARKETING.

And as Mel Brooks said in one of his movies, MERCHANDISING  (LOL)!

If the game doesn't change it is going to die.

Yeah, you guys gotta' work on the merchandising aspect of the game: coffee mugs, ball caps, beer steins and t-shirts.

I think the days of capturing a base solo is long gone.  Seems like the game is more geared for organized squad sorties if base capture is the goal.

I read the book "In Pursuit" and tried flying in WWII Online.  The flight model to Aces High is so much better.

This game has become a shell of what it used to be. I have been flying this game since 2000, less and less often as time goes buy. It doesn't suprise me why those that leave do. What Happened? It has devolved into just one mass of planes flying into another. There are no tactics, strategy, no reason other than fly into one area of the map and hope you can get a kill or two before being raped.
You made the bases harder to capture and the planes easier to fly. There is no emmersion anymore. I feel like everytime I takeoff, I should put a quarter in my computer. Its gone from a combat flight sim and real time strategy to an arcade game.
I remember when I couldn't wait to get home and fly. I even went to a couple of cons to meet those who i flew against or with. Now it's just a facebook account to keep in touch with some of the older fliers. Even their numbers are starting to dwindle.
For now I continue to play, but not with the same enthusiasm as I had in the past. Not nearly the entusiasm as I had in the past.

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #203 on: August 12, 2010, 04:00:44 PM »
eh...maybe it was bear76?  these dolts with numbers in their name tend to glob together in my mind.

:neener:
When all of them have handed your arse to ya...it tends to happen.

:salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #204 on: August 12, 2010, 04:15:59 PM »
oh the sheer horror of it all!!~~~ the JBs are primed! run for teh hillz   :x

Offline JB11

• Copper Member
« Reply #205 on: August 12, 2010, 04:21:31 PM »
Primed for what?

:salute 11
Never abandon the possibility of attack. Attack even from a position of inferiority, to disrupt the enemy's plans. This often results in improving one's own position. - General Adolf Galland, Luftwaffe
Proverbs 3:5,6

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #206 on: August 12, 2010, 04:26:18 PM »
 :salute 51

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #207 on: August 12, 2010, 09:57:09 PM »
The OP and his bud(s) could go to the "other place". It still runs very well on a P-4 system with an AGP graphics card. There are no hordes to deal with. A variety of (ahem) terrains. The radar settings would be suitable. There is even a tiered subscription system in place. Just have to watch for trees that are "planted" 50 feet off the deck, and runways that sit right in the middle of towns.
jarhed  

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #208 on: August 12, 2010, 10:05:55 PM »
............One thing that bothers me to no end is to see grown men spending precious moments of their lives crying about a video game in a public online forum like children throwing a temper tantrum in a store, and I do not hesitate to point out the flawed intellect behind that kind of behavior............

You seem to spend a lot of time in here whining about whines.  I mean 4293 posts in 13 months?  You certainly contribute more than your share.

Or is this forum just for ewe?

Pot/Kettle

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #209 on: August 13, 2010, 12:23:47 AM »
You seem to spend a lot of time in here whining about whines.  I mean 4293 posts in 13 months?  You certainly contribute more than your share.

Or is this forum just for ewe?

Pot/Kettle
You should call the nearest Sylvan learning center. Might help you figure out the difference between a whine and poigniant commentary on childish behavior. If that happens, come back and try conversing with me, I may pay attention.
jarhed