Author Topic: Are there Flight School Training Programs in Aces High? If not, can one be made?  (Read 1656 times)

Offline InCrypt

• Copper Member
      • My personal Website.
<Sigh> Damd you nice, wonderful people, trying to console me when I am trying to vent after having a bad day. All I want to do is scream at the top of my lungs, pound the table, and cry my eyes out (All healthier than smashing my face against the heavy bag trying to head bang it, and bruising my nose), and you have to go and be reasonable! Why can’t you just take the money, and give me a three month blissful killing spree?  :cry

Ghost, I’ve told you many times. I’m not trying to be number 1. Number two will be just fine.

-- added.
Was doing good by the time I started writing this reply at 6:00. Now, at 11:30, having just been HO’ed by Ark##, who gave my Expensive 262 a face full of P47M lead, and my blood is back through the roof. Yes we did a HO. 30MM cannons against .50’s and he wins? Sounds like the bullet magnet got “attractive again.” Just so sick of finding EVERY single master shot in the game. It’s exhausting. Now, stop being consoling, and nice, and awesome, and give me that invulnerability patch!

:O                  :airplane:
    ^--- InCrypt        ^--------- Everyone else
Buddist proverb: "When the Student is ready, the teacher will appear."

Since I have no teacher I know I'm still working on being ready...

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Well if you REALLY feel like punching something I'll hold still.  Not much damage you could do to this ugly face :)

Okay back to seriousness.  When I used to get frustrated, angry, and PO'd, I'd go offline grab a PT boat and sink the task force.  HUGE giggles for me but, then again, I'm seriously easily amused.  
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Urchin

• Platinum Member
Re:
« Reply #32 on: August 22, 2010, 08:37:50 PM »
InCrypt, some friendly advice from a washed up old cyber stick...  

If you want to be "good", you have to learn how to fight.  There is only one way to learn how to fight, in my opinion.  You find a stick you respect a lot, you ask him to take you to the DA.  You then fight said stick ad nauseum.  Each time you fight, film it.  Go back and WATCH the films.  Hell, when I would show guys the ropes I'd be talking to them the whole time during the fight so they could get feedback on what the "bad guy" was seeing.  I personally prefer that to watching film, but watching film is educational as well.  Once you can beat your mentor 50% of the time, pick a new mentor.  Be nice and respectful about it though, you'll get farther with honey ... etc.

Learn how to merge cold and maneuver for the shot, you'll live longer than if you joust on every merge.  That'll come with the DA time though.  

I'd also recommend starting with a 'fighting' plane with good firepower like a Spitfire, Hurricane, or a Ki-84 (or N1K2).  The Spit 16 is probably the most well rounded plane in the game, unless a lot has changed since last I flew.  Don't be a plane snob, that can come after you've learned what you are doing.

I used to really enjoy teaching folks, it was much more rewarding than the MA rat race.  My biggest problem is I couldn't handle raw newbies, other folks had to get them started and to a certain level before I could take them on.  

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
v
« Reply #33 on: August 23, 2010, 08:08:47 AM »

-- added.
Was doing good by the time I started writing this reply at 6:00. Now, at 11:30, having just been HO’ed by Ark##, who gave my Expensive 262 a face full of P47M lead, and my blood is back through the roof. Yes we did a HO. 30MM cannons against .50’s and he wins? Sounds like the bullet magnet got “attractive again.” Just so sick of finding EVERY single master shot in the game. It’s exhausting. Now, stop being consoling, and nice, and awesome, and give me that invulnerability patch!

:O                  :airplane:
    ^--- InCrypt        ^--------- Everyone else

Sounds like the P47 pilot knows how to execute his high angle front quarter snapshot without exposing himself to return fire. That is also a side benefit of knowing your fight geometry, the ability to sucker a great big cannon bird into what looks like a HO but isn't (HO being both sides have a guns solution). The P38 is an excellent aircraft to perfect this skill in because of its guns package