Author Topic: What has happened to AH?  (Read 1498 times)

Offline Gary26

• Nickel Member
What has happened to AH?
« on: August 15, 2010, 09:13:43 PM »
I have played AH 10 years. What the hell is with people. Its game for @#^! sake. Let it go. You get another life. For a few years this game had some very class acts flying in here. I know some very good people that have been run out of this game by little peepee pilots that cant handle getting killed. There was a time when you could make a good shot and get a <S>. Now its trash talk on 200 or PM's calling you out to the DA or asking you to come back so they can find you.

I was gunning for squaddie and we were down to one plane. 109 came sliding in from lvl4 O'clock and I killed him with the waist gun. Instead of a "nice shot" or even just ignoring it, I get smack talk because " my buddie needed a gunner" and some other name calling.

People just need to suck it up. Its a game. You get another life. Learn from what you did and try to find another tactic. If getting shot down gets you that wound up that you need to name call or PM trash maybe you should go back to console gaming.
At least grow the hell up and stop PM'ing people because you got your ego rubbed in the dirt. :cheers: :airplane: :salute
C.O. VMF-213 Hell Hawks

VMF4

Offline curry1

• Gold Member
Re: What has happened to AH?
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2010, 09:59:57 PM »
I always thought that when you made someone mad you win?
Curry1-Since Tour 101

Offline SunBat

• Gold Member
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 10:08:54 PM »
There are still "class acts" in the game.  There just are. I'd say most ppl are actually.  Surely every person u kill doesn't talk trash. If they do, I would love to be u cuz that would be awesome.  K? K.
AoM
Do not get caught up in the country-centric thinking.
The great thing about irony is that it splits things apart, gets up above them so we can see the flaws and hypocrisies and duplicates. - David Foster Walla

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2010, 10:48:05 PM »
One of the more challenging aspects of the game is learning how to cope with the mental midgets that invariably grace virtual combat.

Pure entertainment.
« Last Edit: August 16, 2010, 01:01:16 AM by Yeager »
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: August 15, 2010, 10:54:39 PM »
PM Warriors always give me a chuckle on how it must feel like to be raised by wolves. 
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline llama

• Silver Member
      • http://www.warrenernst.com/
« Reply #5 on: August 16, 2010, 01:55:12 PM »
I have played AH 10 years... I know some very good people that have been run out of this game by little peepee pilots that cant handle getting killed. .. Now its trash talk on 200 or PM's calling you out to the DA or asking you to come back so they can find you.

You say you've been here for 10 years. If so, then you should already know...

It's always been this way.

You were just able to ignore it before.

Salute!

-Llama

Interesting server at 69.12.181.171

Offline califdune

• Zinc Member
« Reply #6 on: August 16, 2010, 02:04:11 PM »
Its the new generation. cool to be ghetto. if someone comes at u get a gun shoot them. my best friends in life are from when i beat the hell out of them and then we became friends. this generation either raised themselves or had a single mom try to make them men. and all they got were male beotches. Anyway hows everyone ;-)

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #7 on: August 16, 2010, 02:15:15 PM »
Best way to get to someone who wants to have a PM war of words is just dont answer them, that really gets there goat    :D
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 16, 2010, 02:15:21 PM »
There are still "class acts" in the game. 

Quoted for Truth! :aok
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 16, 2010, 02:16:27 PM »
Best way to get to someone who wants to have a PM war of words is just dont answer them, that really gets there goat    :D
That works very well particularly right after...bwaahahahaha does your mother know you're on the computer?
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 16, 2010, 02:21:57 PM »
De tune 200 never tuned it in :old:

There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 16, 2010, 02:24:34 PM »
De tune 200 never tuned it in :old:
PM's are on 200?  :headscratch:
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: August 16, 2010, 02:26:05 PM »
Hilarious... I know I handle getting shot down in the mature way... I beat the hell out of my wife's Yorkie.

Seriously, I think this topic is really fun in the same way that viewing a train wreck is fun. Perhaps we could start quoting some of the squeakers?

BTW, there are still plenty of good people in the game. In another post here, I note one of the better examples. You'll just tend to notice the more grating presences. It's like Peter Horbury used to say of the Chrysler 300: "If you stand in the middle of a room playing a trumpet you'll attract people's attention - but they will soon tire of the noise."
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: August 16, 2010, 02:34:33 PM »
Its the new generation. cool to be ghetto. if someone comes at u get a gun shoot them. my best friends in life are from when i beat the hell out of them and then we became friends. this generation either raised themselves or had a single mom try to make them men. and all they got were male beotches. Anyway hows everyone ;-)

wow, I have never been so insulted in my life, I was raised by my mom, does that make me any different then anyone else? haha if my mom didn't teach me better manors, I could walk away from this leaving you a bit more upset then I am right now
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: August 16, 2010, 02:44:13 PM »
wow, I have never been so insulted in my life, I was raised by my mom, does that make me any different then anyone else? haha if my mom didn't teach me better manors, I could walk away from this leaving you a bit more upset then I am right now
Clearly there are exceptions.  My father was away a good deal of my childhood (USAF) but my family did well with my mother as the primary parent (when dad was away).  Still, the comment I believe is intended for a broader consumption than you or I.  It is well known that absent fathers lend heavy gravity to the difficult lives of children they abandoned, by and large.  You should not be so insulted if you KNOW that quality of your own upbringing and are happy.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns