Author Topic: How to drop Fighter Bombs  (Read 1200 times)

Offline Luger_JG26

• Zinc Member
How to drop Fighter Bombs
« on: August 17, 2010, 09:04:39 AM »
How do I release bombs from a FW190D? :noid :noid

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
Re: How to drop Fighter Bombs
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 09:14:50 AM »
Use the backspace key to toggle through alternet weapons/aux fuel tank and then hit the #2 button to release what ever you have highlighted.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2010, 10:23:31 AM »
How do I release bombs from a FW190D? :noid :noid

If you haven’t remapped any keys the \ key will cycle you thorough any secondary weapons you may have selected while in the hanger choosing the load out.   Again if you haven’t remapped any keys, once you chose the secondary weapon with the \ key, you release by using the B key.

Many people remap the keys to additional buttons on their joy sticks to find what works best for them.

Hope this helps.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #3 on: August 17, 2010, 10:38:51 AM »
The default keyboard mappings are "backspace" to select your secondary weapon (will cycle through anything available, bombs, rockets, drop tanks, etc.) once you've selected the ordinance you want "B" will fire/drop it. 

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 17, 2010, 12:13:31 PM »
 Soulyss is correct!

You can goto options,controls,mapkeys....  there you will find a list of all functions and what keys are mapped to them. You may also find there are several commands that aren't mapped and you may choose to map them or not.

The clipboard map is your friend,there's all kinds of imformation on it,have you right clicked the clipboard map?

Again this gives you some more options,maps and you can even check your net status to see if your warping or it's the"other" guy.

hope this helps.

:salute

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2010, 12:23:45 PM »
The default keyboard mappings are "backspace" to select your secondary weapon (will cycle through anything available, bombs, rockets, drop tanks, etc.) once you've selected the ordinance you want "B" will fire/drop it.

Correct.
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2010, 05:29:56 PM »

I just checked and my default mapping is the \ key to select secondary weapon.   I never changed the defaults.  How is it that other have the default key as "backspace"?
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline morfiend

• AH Training Corps
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2010, 06:20:26 PM »
 Traveler,are you sure you didnt change it way back when,the / key opens the radio text buffer to channel 1 by default!

Backspace has always cycled ords,as long as I've been playing.

I bet if you selected "defaults" you'd see the backspace key as cycle secondary weapons.

PS: I only stated Soulyss was correct so the wrong information wasnt going to confuse new players.

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2010, 07:19:36 PM »
Traveler,are you sure you didnt change it way back when,the / key opens the radio text buffer to channel 1 by default!

Backspace has always cycled ords,as long as I've been playing.

I bet if you selected "defaults" you'd see the backspace key as cycle secondary weapons.

PS: I only stated Soulyss was correct so the wrong information wasnt going to confuse new players.

I don't remember changing any of the key mappings, my radio text is the "/" key and my "\" key is to cycle secondary weapons.  My backspace key does nothing.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes

Offline Luger_JG26

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2010, 07:36:32 PM »
 :x Thanks guys, I was in Fighter Ace for over 10 years and find AH very intimidating, not a lot of documentation for this sort of thing.

Is there a full manual I can print out for all these features not showing in help screens?

If this was the real world I would not have made it out of flight training.

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #10 on: August 17, 2010, 07:41:15 PM »
There's a lot of good stuff on the trainers website.
http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/

It probably won't answer all your questions but should help get you started.  Otherwise post your questions here and we'll do our best to get them answered or if you have a subscription you're always welcome to come visit us in the training arena.
80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 12:20:29 PM »
The \ key used to be for selecting primary weapon but that was done away with many versions ago. Backspace has been select secondary for as long as I can remember.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline MutleyBR

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 03:49:53 PM »
And after you drop that bom, don´t forget to press backspace again to select secondary weapons.

Sometimes, after bombing some target in a FW, I find myself shooting at enemies with MG's only. Forgot to press backspace to select cannons...  :mad:  :banana: :x

Mutley
"If you're in a fair fight, you didn't plan properly."
Nick Lapos, chief R&D pilot, Sikorsky Aircraft

"To go up, pull the stick. To go down, pull the stick back harder..."

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 05:09:37 PM »
The \ key used to be for selecting primary weapon but that was done away with many versions ago. Backspace has been select secondary for as long as I can remember.

Since I started in April of 2002 at least.   
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Rolex

• AH Training Corps
  • Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 07:16:35 PM »
:x Thanks guys, I was in Fighter Ace for over 10 years and find AH very intimidating, not a lot of documentation for this sort of thing.

Is there a full manual I can print out for all these features not showing in help screens?

If this was the real world I would not have made it out of flight training.

Welcome to AH. Here a couple other resources for information. You'll find the links in the top menu at the HTC Home page:

The Help page is here: http://hitechcreations.com/ahhelp/index.html

The FAQ is here: http://hitechcreations.com/ahhelp/faq/faqframe.html

You can find all the keyboard commands in the game, even while flying. Open the clipboard (Esc) and navigate to Options, Controls, Map Keys and you'll see all the keyboard commands.

You can find all dot commands (shortcuts for actions More info here) in game by bringing up clipboard, then typing ".help" without quotes into a radio text buffer.