Author Topic: May be an animation problem with the Spit Mk 8 and 9 rpm gauges  (Read 1256 times)

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
Now i know you all think im daft and what not but in another topic iwas talking about the Spits rpm gauge  and it has gotten off topic as usual HUH :)
But on my screen it shows at full throttle around 2600 -2700 rpm then with wep on it shows around 2800-2900 rpm. As it should show at full throttle 3000 rpm shouldn't it. ( i mean it has messed my heid a bit i think whats wrong i should have more power :)  )
Is this just a fault with the gauge animation or something else.

Please would like to know

Oh and i tried recalibration of my stick in game and out of game and it never solved it :)
« Last Edit: August 17, 2010, 08:41:34 PM by BulletVI »
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
Re: May be an animation problem with the Spit Mk 8 and 9 rpm gauges
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2010, 09:54:07 PM »
First off, what makes you think it should show at 3000rpm?

Secondly, WEP only engages at full throttle, so throttle calibration would have nothing to do with it..

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2010, 12:11:50 PM »
The 3000 figure I was giving in the other thread was for the P-51. I dont know which Spit you are talking about but the XVI I tried acts just like you said here. The P-51 RPM gauge has two read lines at 3000 RPM and 3300 RPM but right now Im not too interested in looking up the meaning.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2010, 01:20:09 PM »

I've been playing with the Spitdweeb planes for a couple of days (Spit9, Spit8, Spit14)...the RPM gauge shows 2900rpm level in level flight full throttle WEP engaged when E6B shows 3000rpm. That is the only issue. Everything else being ASSumed by the OP is based on reading comprehension issues.
jarhed  
Build a man a fire and he'll be warm for a day...
Set a man on fire and he'll be warm for the rest of his life. - Terry Pratchett

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2010, 01:52:22 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)

I've been playing with the Spitdweeb planes for a couple of days (Spit9, Spit8, Spit14)...the RPM gauge shows 2900rpm level in level flight full throttle WEP engaged when E6B shows 3000rpm. That is the only issue. Everything else being ASSumed by the OP is based on reading comprehension issues.

Ah but at the start i did say it was either an animation fault or something else i never sujested the Spit was delibertly underpowered all though some other British players think it is :)

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 02:04:27 PM »
Ah but at the start i did say it was either an animation fault or something else i never sujested the Spit was delibertly underpowered all though some other British players think it is :)
You have been insinuating that the rpm's should show 3000 at full throttle before WEP is engaged, which is absolutely not factual.

–adjective
1. tending to instill doubts, distrust, etc.; suggestive:
2. gaining favor or winning confidence by artful means: an insinuating manner.
jarhed  

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2010, 03:09:47 PM »
You have been insinuating that the rpm's should show 3000 at full throttle before WEP is engaged, which is absolutely not factual.

–adjective
1. tending to instill doubts, distrust, etc.; suggestive:
2. gaining favor or winning confidence by artful means: an insinuating manner.

Pardon you smoking wacky bachy or summit ??????????

I thought that in a debate that if one person was wrong in the slightest way then the other rechecks his facts and if the one is still wrong you tell him its called debating. And if you cant handle that you shouldn't join the topic :)

Offline gyrene81

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2010, 04:37:05 PM »
Pardon you smoking wacky bachy or summit ??????????

I thought that in a debate that if one person was wrong in the slightest way then the other rechecks his facts and if the one is still wrong you tell him its called debating. And if you cant handle that you shouldn't join the topic :)
It's only a debate when both parties have equal IQ's...yours isn't high enough to understand the only thing you get right is HI.

sum·mit (smt)
n.
1. The highest point or part; the top.
2. The highest level or degree that can be attained
jarhed  

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2010, 04:57:37 PM »
The 3000 figure I was giving in the other thread was for the P-51. I dont know which Spit you are talking about but the XVI I tried acts just like you said here. The P-51 RPM gauge has two red lines at 3000 RPM and 3300 RPM but right now Im not too interested in looking up the meaning.

Fixed...
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2010, 05:03:42 PM »

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2010, 05:39:14 PM »
I wrote red as "read" and of course spell checker wont find a word that isnt misspelled even when its the wrong word.

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2010, 08:54:57 PM »
It's only a debate when both parties have equal IQ's...yours isn't high enough to understand the only thing you get right is HI.

sum·mit (smt)
n.
1. The highest point or part; the top.
2. The highest level or degree that can be attained

In Scotland Summit also stands for SOMETHING :)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2010, 09:03:13 PM »
Bullet the occasions upon which the OP highjacks his own thread are more rare than rocking horse poo but with you that gets turned on its head.  :huh

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: August 18, 2010, 10:07:07 PM »

actually that is completely factual. before the throttle had a linkage to the prop speed/rpm control, the manual states that the engine rpm had to reach 3000 before full boost could be wound on with the throttle. later they were linked so you couldnt engage full boost without 3000 rpm. btw full throttle is WEP.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 18, 2010, 10:19:19 PM »
bullet, do you realize that with as much nonsense as you post in these forums, even when you end up in a roundabout way having possibly found an actual bug -- (the rpm gauge is not showing proper rpm on WEP in the spits).. htc may not even bother taking you seriously?

ya know, the boy who cried wolf and such...

remember, you're the one who told hitech that he forgot to model drag in this flight simulator.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.