Boom
« on: August 19, 2010, 07:03:19 PM »
The bombers give the boom and the fighters give the zoom

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
Re: Boom
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2010, 07:18:02 PM »
Constructive criticism.......

videos do NOT have to have music, just the normal background audio from the game is fine. Anything with music dubbed into it just totally ruins the video for me.

Especially rock/hard rock...........those I just mute or close the video altogether
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2010, 07:37:38 PM »
Diggin' on the song 
Lighten up Francis

Offline Spikes

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
    • Twitch: Twitch Feed
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2010, 07:52:49 PM »

videos do NOT have to have music, just the normal background audio from the game is fine. Anything with music dubbed into it just totally ruins the video for me.

Especially rock/hard rock...........those I just mute or close the video altogether

Really? In many videos music makes the video itself. Either by setting the mood or the tone, or keeping the viewer there.
i7-12700k | Gigabyte Z690 GAMING X | 64GB G.Skill DDR4 | EVGA 1080ti FTW3 | H150i Capellix

FlyKommando.com

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2010, 07:59:37 PM »
Diggin' on the song  (Image removed from quote.)

The music was fine till that "click, click boom" crap. The only thing worse would have been "Let the Bodies Hit the Floor". Just my opinion Cut, but I hate that song.

Offline DREDIOCK

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2010, 08:01:16 PM »

Agreed. With only VERY few exceptions. Hard rock really doesnt fit in with WWII. And those that do have to be just the right song for just the right video.

But to be fair I tried watching this one
I was tolerant of the first song. But as soon as the music got hard I had to close the link. Was just a total turn off.
Death is no easy answer
For those who wish to know
Ask those who have been before you
What fate the future holds
It ain't pretty

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #6 on: August 19, 2010, 08:05:40 PM »
Agreed. With only VERY few exceptions. Hard rock really doesnt fit in with WWII. And those that do have to be just the right song for just the right video.

The Final Countdown is right for any video.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
« Reply #7 on: August 19, 2010, 09:13:06 PM »
damn sorry guys o.o i just though cause boom and you know... o.o''

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #8 on: August 19, 2010, 09:21:59 PM »
IM IN THE VIDEO!!!!! :rofl look closely for the text buffer :D

:rofl this was when me and lodeCH were yelling at each other about head ons today. :D i remember the <S> back and forth :rofl
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: August 19, 2010, 09:23:44 PM »
Really? In many videos music makes the video itself. Either by setting the mood or the tone, or keeping the viewer there.

Yep.

Music videos I absolutely love. But take a clip from a movie/game/camcorder and throw music into it that never had music to begin with, then you just completely ruined it for me.
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: August 19, 2010, 09:26:48 PM »
damn sorry guys o.o i just though cause boom and you know... o.o''

the irony of this is that i expected you to play it :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline SuperDud

• Platinum Member
« Reply #11 on: August 19, 2010, 10:17:36 PM »
Hey cut I thought it was pretty good. I will admit I've. heard that song a lot in ah vids though. If you wanna see really great vids check out morpheus's via youtube. He had some great ones
SuperDud
++Blue Knights++

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: August 19, 2010, 10:38:02 PM »
Cut

If this is your first shot at making a movie then well done. 

Some constructive criticism from somebody who knows a bit about setting the mood.  Both songs were great.. real mood swingers.. but keep it in the same genre.  It's kind of a whiskey tango foxtrot to the brain to make that switch from mellow semi jazz to hard metal. 

Hit up the films and screenshots forum for some advice as well.  It was a tad blurry on my end. 

All in all no gripes. 

Perhaps you could teach me how to level bomb someday?

:cheers:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline cut67

• Nickel Member
      • 483 BG
« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2010, 10:45:53 PM »
Not my first video XD its my 108th LOL first aces high 1 tho yea i kinda looked it over and was like mhm it was too much of a transover, but i wanted it done so lol <S> thanks guys

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2010, 11:49:33 PM »
Video was just... eh.

1st song - While I like jazz/blues, that song is overplayed on a Taco Bell infomercial on the radio station I listen to. That song is just a turn off.
2nd song - Click Click Boom is a great song. I love it. But the song just doesnt fit the mood of the video, especially with a jazz song in the beginning.

Then the hard rock instantly switches back to the first jazz song. Lol wtf?  :headscratch:

Sorry if Im trolling here, just giving my opinion.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies