Author Topic: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar  (Read 4017 times)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
Re: New radar = boring ...bring back old radar
« Reply #75 on: August 23, 2010, 04:53:48 PM »
isn't this more a wish than a general topic since we've all accepted the new dar

We did?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline --)SF----

• Copper Member
      • Musketeers Squadron
« Reply #76 on: August 23, 2010, 04:54:00 PM »
Bottom line, old dar was way better. period.

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #77 on: August 23, 2010, 04:55:13 PM »
We did?

I mean the fact it's here. It doesn't mean we all like it. (me) sorry forr confusion
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline Ping

• Silver Member
« Reply #78 on: August 23, 2010, 05:05:04 PM »
I am not a sneak and snatch nor a fan of the NOE attacks, Yet I will say that I do prefer the DAR of old.

I have been around since the early days of WB and CK so I do remember problems of old.

This new arrangement in my mind takes away from strategic planning, as well as defense.

YMMV, but mine is the only one that counts  :)
I/JG2 Enemy Coast Ahead

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #79 on: August 23, 2010, 05:07:55 PM »
Bottom line, old dar was way better. period.

how so? what made it better?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline fuzeman

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #80 on: August 23, 2010, 05:18:43 PM »
The game will always change, it has to to stay current. I like the game alot and therefore adapt to every change that comes.
Far too many, if not most, people on this Board post just to say something opposed to posting when they have something to say.

"Masters of the Air" Scenario - JG54

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #81 on: August 23, 2010, 05:33:26 PM »
The game will always change, it has to to stay current. I like the game alot and therefore adapt to every change that comes.

same here.

like others have said, the only thing that's changed to the worse, is the players......timid flying(of which i'm occasionally guilty of), fighting safe(such as picking, never engaging without clear and distinct advantage), and score mongering.

i know someone's gonna say something like "it's their $14.95, they can play how they want"....but really.......you can do offline what some of these guys do online, and do it for free.
 i was talking to a friend(whom i'm trying to get to join eventually) and mentioned the runners i encountered the other day and evening.....attack from high and fast, single turn, then run home or to friends, as if they were trying to avoid a fight. his reaction was "isn't the point of a combat game to fight?", then he went back to work laughing.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #82 on: August 23, 2010, 05:35:19 PM »

I'm not against changes, I like them. I liked many of them, some were very reasonable from a gameplay point of view and did work out fine (for example the increase of ack on airfields years ago). Other just add variety, enhance possibilities and so on. The new towns are great. Having to learn new base layouts is great, keeps it interesting.

But that doesn't mean every change is reasonable, helpful for gameplay or even just works as intended, just because it's a change. ;)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #83 on: August 23, 2010, 05:38:43 PM »
same here.

like others have said, the only thing that's changed to the worse, is the players......timid flying(of which i'm occasionally guilty of), fighting safe(such as picking, never engaging without clear and distinct advantage), and score mongering.

If you call it timid when I do not fight the over red horde over my own  as much as I used to do, because every of that 30+ guys can see my lone dot taking off ... yes then I'm timid.
And surely it's totaly unrelated to the new dar, which provides them with all that info.

I'm freakin sick about all that assumptions, generalizations and all that "timid & ballz" talk.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #84 on: August 23, 2010, 05:44:26 PM »

If you call it timid when I do not fight the over red horde over my own  as much as I used to do, because every of that 30+ guys can see my lone dot taking off ... yes then I'm timid.
And surely it's totaly unrelated to the new dar, which provides them with all that info.

no sir. timid to me is like the corsair the other night that had a clear speed and alt advantage over me, as i had been fighting a p47, going downhill. as soon as the jug died, i spotted the corsair, 2.5 out and above me.......when i turned into him, he pointed his nose up, and climbed back to nearly 20k, and followed me.
 i was alone. no squaddies in the arena, no friendlies up there with me. it would've been a 1-1 to his advantage.

or the jug that comes at me, while i'm flying straight n level pretending i don't see him. i do a hard break turn to the left, roll slightly, and accidentally land on his six(i'm serious too). i tagged him, he "extended", making excuses as to why he did.

or the spit9 that merges co-alt at 19k, makes one turn, then noses down, and dives towards home. him, i'd have followed, and vulched his arse on landing, just 'cause he pissed me off. i didn't have enough gas though.

that's timid to me.

dropping into a horde of 30+? that's just crazy talk there.  :aok

and yes, it is unrelated to the new dar....that's my point. with or without it, the only thing that's changing to the worse, is the players. htc is doing a friggin GREAT job trying to appease all of us.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #85 on: August 23, 2010, 05:57:10 PM »
and yes, it is unrelated to the new dar....

And that's were you a wrong. I pointed out what impact the new dar settings do have, and why. And which they do have not (NOE).

If new dar settings had no impact on gameplay, there would have been no reason to change them anyway? ;)

Offline Money

• Copper Member
« Reply #86 on: August 23, 2010, 06:25:11 PM »
And that's were you a wrong. I pointed out what impact the new dar settings do have, and why. And which they do have not (NOE).

If new dar settings had no impact on gameplay, there would have been no reason to change them anyway? ;)

:aok

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #87 on: August 23, 2010, 06:29:01 PM »
I like the NOE limit but the detection radius of the radars would be better back to how it used to be instead of the increased radius we have now.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline KTM520guy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #88 on: August 23, 2010, 07:06:02 PM »
Every gameplay change there has been to promote the giant furball and discourage anything else. That's what the vocal minority demand and HTC agrees. One thing is certain, these changes are here to stay we just have to deal with it. squeakin' and moanin' on the bbs wont bring anything back. Aces High is the only game in town and that's OK. I'll keep logging in untill I'm to old or my PC dies wich ever comes first. My main wish right now is for higher frame rate. Some days I just can't fight near other people.  :frown:
Everything King Midas touches turns to gold. Everything Chuck Norris touches turns up dead.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #89 on: August 23, 2010, 07:08:56 PM »
Every gameplay change there has been to promote the giant furball and discourage anything else. That's what the vocal minority demand and HTC agrees.

Really?  Are you that clueless?   :rofl

The recent changes to the NOE altitude limit and radar range detection had nothing to do with customer input, HiTech has already stated that. 

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song