Author Topic: Peabody's Newest: "Pacific Mixup"  (Read 3633 times)

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
Peabody's Newest: "Pacific Mixup"
« on: August 24, 2010, 08:30:26 PM »
Here's my latest, which works with all of these versions:

AH2.12.4
AH2.13.1
AH2.20.3 (Current version as of Aug2010)

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/PacMix01/Ah2PacMixMissionFullPage.htm

I hope you like it!

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
Re: Peabody's Newest: "Pacific Mixup"
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2010, 11:43:47 AM »
Outstanding mission Bos!  :aok  Put all the files into the 2131 version and works great.  Sure do appreciate all that hard work you did.  Next time I get down to Texas, I'm looking you up and taking you out to BillyBobs and buying you some suds.  Bravo Sir!   :salute  :cheers:
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2010, 01:10:10 PM »
Ya it is VERY fun on both sides. Gets right to the point after the long taxi LOL! The addition of the F4U's make me keep my eyes open!

New vid coming soon!!!  :bolt: :airplane:

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2010, 11:32:54 PM »
Thanks guys. Glad it works for you.

CaptCarnage: what version of Aces High did you use?

-- Also, I just finished a really INTENSE audio enhancement to that mission, replacing one of the existing audio banter files ("LowCareful.wav") with a much larger wav file containing about 3 minutes of very complex combat dialog. It occurs to me that I could create several alternative audio banter accompaniments during the next few weeks to add variety to it. I haven't published the new enhancement yet, but it's coming....

-Peabody-

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2010, 07:56:12 AM »
So far I have tested it on 2.13.1 and the current version. I haven't tried it on 2.12.4 yet. I have to reinstall that version. It works GREAT on version 2.13.1.

Just a heads up. I haven't made it to the end in my Ki-84 yet :cry. Did you up the skill lvl of the pilots? Perhaps it is just because both sides have mutual support when you get into a fur ball. Because it will not matter what side you are on. If you start to go after someone. You best start looking over your shoulder. Because there will be an enemy there! The best words I came across while reading WW1 flying tactics, "When you are in a position to shoot someone. That is the best time to get shot at!" So very true in this version.

I think it is just the tactics I am using. I am trying to turn and burn with the FM2's. I don't know much about them so I don't know what they are good for. So far from what I can see. They can turn like a Texas tornado! My fave. maneuvers to use are the Immelmen, Cuban8, or a lazy Cuban8. When I say lazy what I mean is. I wont roll over all the way level at the end. I will roll 90 deg. keeping a wing pointed at my target, then full rudder over with a little aileron to help out. Then dive in! With most of these maneuvers I will lose lots of E at the top. That is were the ol FM2 gets me! They can just hang out with me and my wild moves! I haven't recored them. But the two kills the FM2's got on me were just crazy! Just enough damage to render my Ki-84 into a lawn dart!

On the US side I do okay until a Zeek wants to play. Then things just get ugly. You can fly away from them sure. But they just wont leave you alone. Next thing you know you got 3 Zeeks and 2 Da3's trying to catch up to you! I can see why all the Navy craft have a Buick in the headrest for protection!

If you need me to I can test it out on 2.12.4. I will more than likely go back to that version because of LAN support!

PS. did you use the most current version of the Mission Editor to make this Mixup?

« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 08:00:20 AM by CaptCarnage »

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2010, 08:36:51 AM »
You asked:

"PS. did you use the most current version of the Mission Editor to make this Mixup?:

Well, yes and no LOL. For each of the 3 published versions, I used the corresponding Mission Editor Version. So I used 3 different Mission Editors.

New question:

Are you getting the full briefing with animated maps and audio narration? And are you getting the full audio banter during the combat, etc.? I ask because I got one report from a guy that can't get those optional extras to work. I've been giving this some thought, and I can see a lot of possibilities for complexity and error. Here's the thread describing the current state of affairs:

http://askmisterwizard.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=1834&p=1978#p1978

So please report, sir! Are you seeing the optional stuff?

Regards,

-Peabody-

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2010, 08:56:49 AM »
thank you very much will try it soon
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2010, 11:21:47 AM »
I didn't DL the extras no... But I will and see if everything still runs as it should.

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2010, 11:48:45 AM »
Okay I just DLed all the files. Did my testing. It will only work with the current version of the game. More than likely because my installation path for 2.13.1 was c:/progam files(x86)/htc/aceshigh2. The path for my current version is just c:/HiTechCreations/aceshigh.

Also, I had to create the misstemp folder in my 2.13.1 version. An other weird problem I am having. Most likely because I have installed sooo many versions of this game in the last little while. The vids I record with AcesHigh 2.13.1 don't get saved to the film folder for 2.13.1. Instead it is going to some ghost folder I can't see. As long as the film viewer can find it I am okay. But I can not find the folder the file is physically in. What I mean is. There is no film folder for my 2.13.1. Even though the film viewer can find it???

I might just have a bad install for 2.13.1 and might have to start over with both versions.

Offline bbosen

• Silver Member
      • AskMisterWizard.com
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2010, 01:01:53 PM »
HMmmmm.....

Try putting all of the optional files at:

C:\Hitech Creations\Aces High\misstemp\

You might need to manually create that exact path if it doesn't already exist on your system. Be sure to use that precise folder setup in every detail, and put all of the optional files directly into that misstemp folder.

Then use the CURRENT version of the pacmix2131a.mis mission file from here:

http://techvideoreview.com/FlightSimMovies/AcesHigh/Ah2Missions/PacMix01/Ah2PacMixMissionFullPage.htm

Make sure and get the 2.13.1 version (which I updated just a few hours ago to harmonize this very issue). Store that pacmix2131a.mis file in the "offmiss" folder of your AH2131 installation. You shouldn't need to regenerate it from a later version of Aces High.

I bet all of the bells and whistles will come alive then.

It seems this little "Offline Missions" community is struggling and learning how to cope with all of these different versions issues. I'm giving this a lot of thought and experimenting in my lab. I've got a workable solution figgered out, but I want to test and document it a bit more before I publish it. If it works as I expect, then it will be possible to install AH2131 or AH2114 anywhere in any filesystem that also contains the latest AH version in the standard location, and all of the optional offline mission bells and whistles can be stored in just one place for use with all of the old versions.

More to follow.... [and thanks for your help and patience].

-Peabody-

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2010, 01:59:57 PM »
Yes sir... you got it. When I tested it I put the files in the 2.13.1 folder. Witch is installed on a different pathway. The files work great in the current version. Witch is installed with the correct path way. After going back and playing the mission again in 2.13.1 I was amazed to see everything working.

So yes. I just didn't read every thing like I should have when trying it out in 2.13.1. You MUST make the folders if you don't have the current version installed.

Everything works fine on both 2.20.3 and 2.13.1 now. I haven't tried it yet on 2.12.4, but I am sure it will work just fine!

PS. I have flown the FM2 for the first time, and fell in luv. Fly's very close to my true luv the Zeek. But has a little more meat to it! I am sure after I play around with throttle and flap settings, I will be able to out turn the Zeek in the FM2 lol :joystick:

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2010, 03:22:43 PM »
Okay I just did my testing for 2.12.4

What I have found so far is this. I can get the mission to load on both sides. Just not the F6's again. The game crashes!!! Also, using the instructions you mentioned. By putting the .mis file and all other files in a "PacMix01" folder. I don't see the mission brief, and I don't hear the radio chatter.

I used the .mis file you made for 2.12.4, but I just copied the optional files and put them in the "PacMix01" folder as well. Did you make diff optional files for 2.12.4? Or are they same across the board. Just diff .mis and .res files?

Or perhaps it is because I am on a 64 bit Vista system. My program files looks like "Program Files(x86)"???
« Last Edit: August 26, 2010, 03:25:16 PM by CaptCarnage »

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2010, 03:40:29 PM »
Hahahah okay... That is all it was... I am on a 64 bit system. And widows puts AH in Program Files (x86). To get the mission to work with the optional files I had to manually make a C:/Program Files/HTC/Aces High II/offmiss/PacMix01 pathway. Once I did that all the "bells and whistles" worked!

So far the only glitch I came across is the F6 flight still bugs out. It will cause my game to crash.

Other than that it works great! I think I am going to stick with the 2.12.4 version, just so I can play this mission on LAN! The FM2's still work on the US side so I am happy!!!

Offline Hawk55

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: August 28, 2010, 07:52:10 AM »
Just a heads up in the 2131 version.  If the field ack is wacking you while upping, you need to change field assignments to the correct country for that mission in the 'arena setup' menu.
The Lynchmob-Outlaws--HAWK

Offline CaptCarnage

• Zinc Member
« Reply #14 on: August 28, 2010, 09:51:54 AM »
Just a heads up in the 2131 version.  If the field ack is wacking you while upping, you need to change field assignments to the correct country for that mission in the 'arena setup' menu.

Ya you have to do that for all versions I am sure. The Japanese base is Bish. when you first open the map. You must change that to Knights if you wan't to fly the Japanese flights. After you do this all is well.

One glitch I am starting to notice is ALL aircraft when flying over the mountain will blow up 10-30 feet over the trees. This only happens on the mountain. Once you get away from that the drones can fly low with out blowing up again. This kinda sucks when you fly as Japanese. Most of the P-38's will split S out of their dive and come after you. Only to blow up 30 feet from the trees.

I have found this useful when flying my FM2 against two flights of Zekes! If I get into trouble I just skim the mountain. When the Am6's follow they blow up. However, once you leave the mountain this tactic no longer works LOL!