Author Topic: Seabreacher  (Read 508 times)

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
Seabreacher
« on: August 26, 2010, 10:58:23 PM »
Anyone ever see one of these...?

http://seabreacher.com/

Pretty cool craft!

X :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"

Offline Serenity

• Platinum Member
Re: Seabreacher
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2010, 11:54:09 PM »
Only seems to sell in the middle east :(

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2010, 10:46:59 PM »
I thought it was really cool at first till I read it can only dive 5'.  I thought it was a full on submersible. 

If something like that where made with some ballast tanks, electric motors, lights, etc...  so that it could be a real submersible it would be much cooler.

Offline Killer91

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: August 29, 2010, 11:21:57 PM »
I thought it was really cool at first till I read it can only dive 5'.  I thought it was a full on submersible. 

If something like that where made with some ballast tanks, electric motors, lights, etc...  so that it could be a real submersible it would be much cooler.

The problem is getting air to the engine. Thats why it can only dive down to 5'. It can actually go down farther but once it gets deep enough for water to come in the air intake it automatically closes the intake therefore killing the engine and the craft returns to the surface.
someone named pervert is thanking someone named badboy for a enjoyable night?

Offline saggs

• Silver Member
      • www.kirksagers.com
« Reply #4 on: August 29, 2010, 11:30:50 PM »
The problem is getting air to the engine. Thats why it can only dive down to 5'. It can actually go down farther but once it gets deep enough for water to come in the air intake it automatically closes the intake therefore killing the engine and the craft returns to the surface.

Yea I understood that, that's why I mentioned electric motors.  Would be neat if it where built like a hybrid car, gas engine to zip along the surface at high speed, but also charging batteries for an electric motor so it can puter around a bit deeper for a while.  But then it would also need ballast tanks, since it depends now entirely on speed to keep it submerged...  so really I'm talking about a whole new design... ...  just keep that cool looking shark body.

Offline Xtrepid

• Copper Member
« Reply #5 on: August 29, 2010, 11:51:16 PM »
Price starts at US$65,000.00 for a standard model, up to about US$85,000.00 for a very high performance.

Might be cooler... if not for the hot prices... ouch!

Or... perhaps that's the price overseas?

Seems to be an American company... Area code is California.

Here's an interesting link also...

http://www.vulcaniasubmarine.com/

X :salute

SHOOT TO THRILL
"We don't hide crazy... we just put it on the front porch and give it a drink"

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #6 on: August 30, 2010, 12:44:21 AM »
Another expensive e toy for the rich. Then it will be cheap and you will have amazinhunks, drunk, doing stupid thing and kill them self and/or others. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: August 30, 2010, 09:34:26 AM »
I saw it on TV...... not much use and the new would wear off quick I believe.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline tmetal

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: August 30, 2010, 05:24:25 PM »
If I had that kind of money to spend on a toy, I think I would rather try to buy a share in a warbird instead. :airplane:
The real problem is anyone should feel like they can come to this forum and make a wish without being treated in a derogatory manner.  The only discussion should be centered around whether it would work, or how it would work and so on always in a respectful manner.

-Skuzzy 5/18/17

Offline greens

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: August 31, 2010, 01:32:54 PM »
Do you know how many eskimos would freak if they saw that appear in fronta my village!, lol , the dude wouldnt last long if they came here- i would think we'd all pull out our guns n start blazing. COOL toy, no use for alaskans tho.
_-=ELIM EAGLES=-_
in loving memory of OZ <Eagles21>
 miss you bro!