Author Topic: Johnny Johnson, maths and the 1989 Society of Test Pilot report; revisited.  (Read 22917 times)

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech

Offline hitech

• Administrator
  • Administrator
      • http://www.hitechcreations.com
Good guess.  I got that nickname some 45 years ago in Cherry Point, NC

The book title, however, was a play on the squadron nicknames "Angels=358FS, Bulldogs =354FS and Dragons=357FS".  I am just now finishing Volume I of a II volume set on the 355th from its inception through last year.

The 358FS in their infinite wisdom changed from Angels to Lobos in Vietnam era but the 354 and 357FS have kept their WWII squadron names and they have remained intact through Korea and Vietnam and Iraqi Freedom and Afghanistan. 

Have been flying 'Hogs for last 30 years and under constant deployment cycles a squadron at a time.

Care to go have some fun in an RV? I'll drop by Grenville and we can go have some breakfast in Cedar Mills on a Sunday morning?

HiTech

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Care to go have some fun in an RV? I'll drop by Grenville and we can go have some breakfast in Cedar Mills on a Sunday morning?

HiTech

HiTech is asking for a man date!

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Wolfala

• Platinum Member

HiTech

How adorable....

the best cure for "wife ack" is to deploy chaff:    $...$$....$....$$$.....$ .....$$$.....$ ....$$

Offline drgondog

• Copper Member
HT - just now got back to this thread.  We are going to Irish Festival at Fair park tomorrow and will take a couple of our Irish Wolfhounds and hang with other Wolfie 'persons'. If you have time the Festival is a lot of fun with bands, hounds, beer swigging lunatics and gerneral Dallas riff raff.

I think we are planning to be there around Noon'ish and plan to find the wolfhound herd as a central base of Ops.

Regards,

Bill
Nicholas Boileau "Honor is like an island, rugged and without shores; once we have left it, we can never return"

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
Guys - I didn't realize that the Gaston virus had infected other threads than WWIIaircraft.  what a piece of work!

You should read his stuff on the Ubisoft boards, those are even funnier than his posts on WWIIaircraft or on here.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Mace2004

• Silver Member
      • TrackIR 4.0
Man...how can anyone actually search out this guy's posts?  I feel stupider just from reading some of this thread...it's like he's sucking brain cells right out of my skull into an intelligence vacuum.
Mace
Golden Gryphon Guild Mercenary Force G3-MF

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com

AHEM I thought this thread was clased HHHHHHHMMMMMMMMMMMMMM   :noid :noid

Maybe i was wrong  :bhead
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
There is absolutely no way for anyone to have a meaningful discussion with Gaston on these boards, as he neither possesses, nor desires to gain, any significant knowledge of aerodynamics.  He refuses to acknowledge that anecdotes are useful for context only.

It's worse than that. He doesn't even know how to do simple statics and dynamics. I don't think he even knows how to calculate simple vectors like moments. 

I chuckled at his acceptance of the anecdote as probative. I note that the British pilot even uses the word SEEMINGLY (any data there? - nope) and posits that the bandit will have him in a couple of turns - something that was entirely speculative and probably based on fear.

You're right. The whole damn thing is pointless.

Now all we need is Thorsim in here.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Oh scheissse, I think I just necro-boofed.
Some say revenge is a dish best served cold. I say it's usually best served hot, chunky, and foaming. Eventually, you will all die in my vengeance vomit firestorm.

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
Ive been following his stuff on warbirds.com forum - I get the same feeling trying to understand his theories as I do looking at a marcel duchamp sculpture ... :headscratch:
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
Oh scheissse, I think I just necro-boofed.

Don't worry, it's only been a month since the last post.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline PJ_Godzilla

• Gold Member
Don't worry, it's only been a month since the last post.

Wow. The bbs has gone soft. You're supposed to post up that picture of the girl's face being impacted by the fat guy's belly while the text. "Holy Necro-Bump!" scrolls. You'd better hope most of the guys here don't read that or you'll become the prison-yard favorite.   :)

That said, I'm tempted to ask Skuzzy if we can make an exception to the "no threads intent on berating someone - on PAIN OF DEATH" rule to rip on Gaston and maybe Thorsim as well.

Just kidding, Skuzzy... just kidding.

However, it became painfully clear to me in the 190A5 vs. 190A8 thread that Gaston has little/no physics or engineering background, does not understand simple rules of physics. That's not really bashing him so much as it is being truthful.

My advice: Socrates, I believe, said, "debate a wise man vigorously but only give a fool the byatch-slap" - or something like that. They had ho's and byatch-slapping back then, right? Sharpton would be a good guy to ask - since he likes talking about "them Greek HObags".

Offline dtango

• Silver Member
Inconceivable this thread is!  (in my best Yoda speak) :D   Been gone months from this forum and I find this thread still alive.  :rock
Tango / Tango412 412th FS Braunco Mustangs
"At times it seems like people think they can chuck bunch of anecdotes into some converter which comes up with the flight model." (Wmaker)

Offline Stoney

• Gold Member
Inconceivable this thread is!  (in my best Yoda speak) :D   Been gone months from this forum and I find this thread still alive.  :rock

Yeah, way to go PJ...

:)
"Can we be incorrect at times, absolutely, but I do believe 15 years of experience does deserve a little more credence and respect than you have given from your very first post."

HiTech