Author Topic: Aces High Plane Preview: Mosquito B.XVI  (Read 5309 times)

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
Re: Aces High Plane Preview: Mosquito B.XVI
« Reply #30 on: September 03, 2010, 10:11:18 PM »
you really think you'll be seeing any enemy cons over a base with a furball that high up??? no i doubt there will be many there. and seeing as how very few cons will intercept co alt, the mossi has no real threat if flown properly at all... and how many times have you seen any cons on your six with the 234 if you fly that right also?

I have flown the 234 many times in the past- mainly when winging up with Spikes. When I fly the 234, I deliberately put enemies on my six so I can shoot 'em. I rarely, if ever, use them for bombing.

It's not really a question of whether someone wants to intercept a Mossie. It's whether it will unbalance the game. That is what the perk system is for- game balance.
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Guppy35

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #31 on: September 03, 2010, 10:32:41 PM »
It would make no sense to perk it.  Let folks see how the ungunned Mossie works.   
Dan/CorkyJr
8th FS "Headhunters

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #32 on: September 03, 2010, 10:40:49 PM »
I have flown the 234 many times in the past- mainly when winging up with Spikes. When I fly the 234, I deliberately put enemies on my six so I can shoot 'em. I rarely, if ever, use them for bombing.

It's not really a question of whether someone wants to intercept a Mossie. It's whether it will unbalance the game. That is what the perk system is for- game balance.
im not saying go nuts with the perk. obviously it only can defend itself with speed. but when used optimally, it is near unstoppable by any enemy lower than it just like the AR234 BOMBERRRRRRR... :lol
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline STXAce8

• Nickel Member
« Reply #33 on: September 05, 2010, 07:46:10 AM »
I just hope there's a HUGE mission of them so I can up a jet and start killen them :t.
ZLA- Don't Focke Wulf Us!
Ingame: Batz
Kommando Nowotny
Its over the top as Fack

Offline beau32

• Nickel Member
« Reply #34 on: September 06, 2010, 02:27:52 PM »
I just hope there's a HUGE mission of them so I can up a jet and start killen them :t.

With the Mossi at altitude and speed, even being in a jet it will be hard to intercept. Only thing that will be close catching it is a 163. Unless (as pointed out before) you position yourself a head of time for a intercept.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

"There is always a small microcosm of people who need to explain away their suckage."

Offline Infidelz

• Nickel Member
« Reply #35 on: September 06, 2010, 04:05:49 PM »
It can and will be caught by the P-47M which thrives at 30K feet.

Infidelz

Offline Karnak

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #36 on: September 06, 2010, 05:31:32 PM »

Infidelz
Yup.....if the P-47 is already up there when it encounters the Mossie.  If the P-47 has to climb up there first, not so much as the Mossie will be long gone before the P-47 matches altitude.
Petals floating by,
      Drift through my woman's hand,
             As she remembers me-

Offline redman555

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #37 on: September 06, 2010, 07:42:24 PM »
Excited about a plane that has no guns?

-BigBOBCH
~364th C-HAWKS FG~

Ingame: BigBOBCH

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #38 on: September 06, 2010, 08:13:49 PM »
Excited about a plane that has no guns?

-BigBOBCH

thats what ive been saying!  it'll get a few months of love then it's a hangar queen.  but it's a historical plane; bring it on.  always need a few more bullet magnets  :aok
-AoM-

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #39 on: September 06, 2010, 08:33:58 PM »

thats what ive been saying!  it'll get a few months of love then it's a hangar queen.  but it's a historical plane; bring it on.  always need a few more bullet magnets  :aok

4k bomb=not a hanger queen :)
Strokes

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #40 on: September 06, 2010, 09:12:48 PM »
4k bomb=not a hanger queen :)

i stand by my previous statement  :noid
-AoM-

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #41 on: September 06, 2010, 09:17:57 PM »
I see this being used a lot when enemy gv's attack and there are no enemy air cons nearby.   ;) 

Many of you blokes need to relax and wait for when it arrives.  Some of you have already made up your mind and you've not even flown it.  Wait.    :aok
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline IrishOne

• Silver Member
« Reply #42 on: September 06, 2010, 09:30:27 PM »

and you've not even flown it. 

and i never will  :aok
-AoM-

Offline Boozeman

• Nickel Member
« Reply #43 on: September 07, 2010, 10:49:55 AM »

Infidelz

If it has a similar maneuverability like our current Mossie MK6 has (sans bombs of course), it will either fly circles around any plane that can catch it at that altitude, or at least will be able to put up a tough fight. Yes, your bomb run will be spoiled, but chances of survival are still good, as long as you have formations disabled.

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #44 on: September 07, 2010, 11:00:29 AM »
If it has a similar maneuverability like our current Mossie MK6 has (sans bombs of course), it will either fly circles around any plane that can catch it at that altitude, or at least will be able to put up a tough fight. Yes, your bomb run will be spoiled, but chances of survival are still good, as long as you have formations disabled.
It's 106 miles to Chicago. We've got a full tank of gas, half a pack of cigarettes, it's dark, and we're wearing sunglasses... HIT IT. :aok
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy