Author Topic: Attention Duelling Arena pilots  (Read 9213 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: Attention Duelling Arena pilots
« Reply #60 on: September 03, 2010, 08:08:52 PM »
It seems to me he'd have better results if he didn't berate all of the very people he's trying to attract.

i've been trying to stay out of this, because i didn't want to see it turn to a flame fest.......

but.......he berated no one. he offered them an option. he offered them a chance to have a different kind of fight. he's offering them a chance to learn a new skill.

these offers are all just that. offers. nothing more, nothing less.

you and a bunch of others are choosing to do nothing but berate the guy for trying to do something that could be good.

sheesh..........if you don't have anything good to say, then pass the thread by.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: September 03, 2010, 08:21:50 PM »
I was having a hoot the other day in AvA. The no icons brings an extra sense of danger when you know they can sneak up on you. The reason you can't get more people in is because with the limited plane set, no one can fly their favorite bird. Someone who's a hotshot in LA7s is gonna find it a different world when all you can choose from is P40s, 38s, 39s, and hurcs.

If you turn the icons on and remove everything about the AvA that is the AvA, you've just created another MA. Some people won't come for fear of losing.

Offline BaldEagl

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #62 on: September 03, 2010, 11:14:17 PM »
but.......he berated no one. he offered them an option. he offered them a chance to have a different kind of fight. he's offering them a chance to learn a new skill.

these offers are all just that. offers. nothing more, nothing less.

you and a bunch of others are choosing to do nothing but berate the guy for trying to do something that could be good.

sheesh..........if you don't have anything good to say, then pass the thread by.

Hmmm... lets examine more closely:

as for the no icons thing, well the pilots that want to get better like them.

This clearly meant the people who don't like no icons have no interest in getting better.  Only the AvA crew have an interest in getting better.

the pilots that don't like getting killed hate them.

This implies that everyone who doesn't like no icons is a runner or an ack hugger or plays only for score (i.e. they are timid).

most people that like them have better SA and play the game for what it is.

Here he tells us that people in the AvA have better SA that everyone else.  Not only that, the players in the AvA play the game "for what it is".  This implies they play it as an air to air combat game while no one else in the community has that interest (remeber, others are only playing for scores).

the guys that don't like no icons probably wouldn't have lasted very long in WW2 cause their SA isn't that great.

Once again, the pilots in the AvA's SA is superior to everyone elses because they play with no icons.  Also, they would last longer in a "real fight" than everyone else in the game regardless of how skilled some of those who never venture into the AvA are.

its an acquired skill and some like it and some don't.

So here we are discussing skill level again.  Only the guys who fly the AvA have what it takes to master this skill, therefore are superior.

as for inviting the DA pilots to try it out, it was just that. a place to try something new and different. maybe increase your skills.

And here we are again.  As if telling everyone else more than once already that they don't hold a candle to those in the AvA skill-wise, this time he targets the DA pilots specifically.

I have no issue with him posting asking people to come try out the AvA but as I said in my first post in this thread, his attitude is pretty condescending.  He's pretty much told everyone in the community other than the 12 guys who play in the AvA regularly that they suck.  And when it was pointed out to him he didn't even care.  Sorry, but if those are the types of community members you embrace then this game is going downhill and I've lost respect for you too.
« Last Edit: September 03, 2010, 11:19:31 PM by BaldEagl »
I edit a lot of my posts.  Get used to it.

Offline PFactorDave

• Platinum Member
« Reply #63 on: September 03, 2010, 11:20:48 PM »

I have no issue with him posting asking people to come try out the AvA but as I said in my first post in this thread, his attitude is pretty condescending.  He's pretty much told everyone in the community other than the 12 guys who play in the AvA regularly that they suck.  And when it was pointed out to him he didn't even care.  Sorry, but if those are the types of community members you embrace then this game is going downhill and I've lost respect for you too.

Yup, I realize that I don't count for anything, but that's pretty much how I read it too...

1st Lieutenant
FSO Liaison Officer
Rolling Thunder

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #64 on: September 04, 2010, 12:14:01 AM »
Great set up in the AvA w/ no icon on the enemy cons.  A real challenge to know who is who and how they are.  Was even harder see the con on your six. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline FiLtH

• Platinum Member
« Reply #65 on: September 04, 2010, 12:34:37 AM »
  For the record Ive played in the DA alot this past couple of weeks and have found some of the best pilots in there. Im not talking just good at SA or good at knowing when to make an attack when the enemy is busy, Im talking taking planes of all types and getting in there and fighting and doing really good in them no matter what the matchup.

~AoM~

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #66 on: September 04, 2010, 01:40:09 AM »
I really don't believe any insult was intended.

I also don't think anyone really believes the AvA has or breeds better pilots than everywhere else, except in a good natured boastfully joking sort of way.

Heck I fly only in AvA, and I quickly run out of talent in nearly every sortie LOL.

That said, there are some things about it that make it a different sort of challenge than some are used to.

We're no elitists but we do love the arena and of course we think it's the place to be.

We really welcome everyone and the AvA guys will be the first to give you many a salute for the fun fights.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:45:15 AM by jimson »

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #67 on: September 04, 2010, 01:44:49 AM »

I also don't think anyone really believes the AvA has or breeds better pilots than everywhere else, except in a good natured boastfully joking sort of way.

Heck I fly only in AvA, and I quickly run out of talent in nearly every sortie LOL.

That said, there are some things about it that make it a different sort of challenge than some are used to.

We're no elitists but we really do love the arena and of course we think it's the place to be.

We really welcome everyone and the AvA guys will be the first to give you many a salute for the fun fights.

I think a lot of them DA guys are afraid to realized that they are not as good as they think when they come to the AvA..
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #68 on: September 04, 2010, 01:47:13 AM »
I think a lot of them DA guys are afraid to realized that they are not as good as they think when they come to the AvA..

Now, Now, I hope you mean that in the jokingly boastful challenging way I'm talking about.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2010, 01:51:16 AM by jimson »

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #69 on: September 04, 2010, 02:07:41 AM »
Now, Now, I hope you mean that in the jokingly boastful challenging way I'm talking about.

NOPE!
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #70 on: September 04, 2010, 02:16:56 AM »

Offline perdue3

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #71 on: September 04, 2010, 04:08:02 AM »
DA blows. Furball lake is worse than MA furballs.

perdweeb
C.O. Kommando Nowotny 

FlyKommando.com

Offline Bubbajj

• Copper Member
« Reply #72 on: September 04, 2010, 03:42:28 PM »
The DA is a differnt monster. I go in there up a P40 or a P39 and fly directly into a furball consisting of Nikis, spixteens and Chogs. You do dumb stuff in the DA you wouldn't do in the MAs. Why would you go to the DA and up a bird your comfortable in? I suspect there are many who live in the DA because it's simply a place they can actually get kills. If you actually enjoy a challenge, can deal with the added element of suspense, and can fly planes not on the A list, The AvA is a great place.

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #73 on: September 04, 2010, 04:03:56 PM »

That's even worse. Because there clearly is insult. Multiple times. I have grown absolutely SICK of the AvA advertising... I consider it on the level of bad SPAM when I see these posts nonstop in the general forum for exactly the reasons posted above. The overall tone and attitude that I and many others read in his holier-than-thou posting is rife in every post he makes trying to get folks to come to the AvA.

I really get sick of that, so now it's at the point I loathe when I see a post like that, and I have to resist hitting the "report post" button and filling out "spamming advertisements".....

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: September 04, 2010, 04:08:02 PM »
The DA is a differnt monster. I go in there up a P40 or a P39 and fly directly into a furball consisting of Nikis, spixteens and Chogs. You do dumb stuff in the DA you wouldn't do in the MAs. Why would you go to the DA and up a bird your comfortable in? I suspect there are many who live in the DA because it's simply a place they can actually get kills. If you actually enjoy a challenge, can deal with the added element of suspense, and can fly planes not on the A list, The AvA is a great place.

I agree with that. I do go into the DA and up in a P-47D-25.  I am all aware that i am not a good stick, moderate at best, but still go on a hunt for a fight.  
Oaktree

56th Fighter group