Author Topic: Skin P-47M F/Lt Witold "Lanny" Lanowski (WIP)  (Read 5240 times)

Offline Kazan_HB

• Skinner Team
  • Silver Member
Skin P-47M F/Lt Witold "Lanny" Lanowski (WIP)
« on: September 12, 2010, 03:09:14 PM »
Here is my last skin.
P-47M F/Lt Witold "Lanny" Lanowski  61 Fighter Squadron USAAF

The Few
Since Tour 93

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: Skin P-47M F/Lt Witold "Lanny" Lanowski (WIP)
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 03:15:59 PM »
Wow, looks incredible!

Offline USRanger

• AvA Staff Member
  • Plutonium Member
      • BoP Home
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 05:32:21 PM »
I'll use it!
Axis vs Allies Staff Member
☩ JG11 Sonderstaffel ☩
Flying 'Black[Death] 10' ☩JG11☩

Only the Proud, Only the Strong Ne Desit Virtus

Offline oboe

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 05:41:02 PM »
Looks a little clean, but maybe the late war birds didn't have a chance to get so worn out and dirty.   It's a great looking skin.   Is that blue border on the underwing Star and Bar insignia supposed to cut off on the inner edge?

<S> Kazan - I hope by "last skin" you mean "most recent" rather than "final".

« Last Edit: September 12, 2010, 07:37:20 PM by oboe »

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #4 on: September 12, 2010, 07:23:08 PM »
Looks gorgeous Kazan!

Gonna miss the fight we have had <<S>> Bud, hope you will be back in the future.
Strokes

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2010, 07:23:49 PM »
 :aok

Offline Plazus

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 07:28:31 PM »
Nicely done, Kazan!  :aok
Plazus
80th FS "Headhunters"

Axis vs Allies

Offline Krusty

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2010, 08:24:41 PM »
Looks pretty good, but a few comments:

The "blue" (for lack of eact name of upper surface color) dips down lower than the trailing edge of the wing root then angles sharply towards the rudder. I think it would be a straight edge off the back of the wing root and a more gradual up-sweep following the contours of the fuselage itself.

What's with the color around the stars? It's hard to tell what it is in the photo, but definitely not white (the bars stand out). I'm not suggesting you did it as white (clearly not) but what's with that in the photo? This could also be an optical trick, but it looks like the outlines around the fuselage codes match this border around the star and bar. They're not as bright and "bleeding out" as the white pigments in the photo are.

The paint demarcation on the bubbletop framing can be tricky. It looks like you've nailed it on the port side, but that on the starboard side you're a hair short (maybe just a pixel's worth, or two) and this causes a bit of a "blob" of silver. Minor point, but you've got it on the one side, might as well do it on both :)

The stretch area also is kicking in at the top of your fuselage roundels port and starboard. You might need to shave just a hair (a pixel) off the top of them to prevent that stretching from smearing around the upper surface like it does.

Overall, not bad at all. Defienitely good enough to fly around the MA killin' folks!

Offline Kazan_HB

• Skinner Team
  • Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: September 13, 2010, 03:21:03 AM »
Looks pretty good, but a few comments:

The "blue" (for lack of eact name of upper surface color) dips down lower than the trailing edge of the wing root then angles sharply towards the rudder. I think it would be a straight edge off the back of the wing root and a more gradual up-sweep following the contours of the fuselage itself.

What's with the color around the stars? It's hard to tell what it is in the photo, but definitely not white (the bars stand out). I'm not suggesting you did it as white (clearly not) but what's with that in the photo? This could also be an optical trick, but it looks like the outlines around the fuselage codes match this border around the star and bar. They're not as bright and "bleeding out" as the white pigments in the photo are.
It is silver.

The paint demarcation on the bubbletop framing can be tricky. It looks like you've nailed it on the port side, but that on the starboard side you're a hair short (maybe just a pixel's worth, or two) and this causes a bit of a "blob" of silver. Minor point, but you've got it on the one side, might as well do it on both :)

The stretch area also is kicking in at the top of your fuselage roundels port and starboard. You might need to shave just a hair (a pixel) off the top of them to prevent that stretching from smearing around the upper surface like it does.

Overall, not bad at all. Defienitely good enough to fly around the MA killin' folks!

You're right. I need yet  to fix.
The Few
Since Tour 93

Offline Kazan_HB

• Skinner Team
  • Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 11:23:00 AM »
 update

The Few
Since Tour 93

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 06:20:20 PM »
 :x
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2010, 11:44:35 PM »
I don't fly Jugs but how could you not fly that skin? That's outstanding dude :salute

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2010, 12:45:46 PM »
Great job!   :rock

Quesion, why did the U.S. have all there P-47M panted instead of bare aluminum?  I thought that U.S. stop painting the whole AC in 44-45 to reduce weight? 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2010, 04:50:07 PM »
wow you made an ugly bird pretty  :aok
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2010, 11:29:02 PM »
RE:
It's silver...

As I understand it, the star and bar outlines are supposed to be natural metal as are the leading edges of the wings and horizontal stabilizer.

They are each different hues in the screen shots.  Shouldn't they be the same "color".

Looks good.

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay