Author Topic: AVA challenge suggested rules of engagement  (Read 2511 times)

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
AVA challenge suggested rules of engagement
« on: September 17, 2010, 05:26:47 PM »
this is pretty easy and only for the event. let me know what you guys think. this is what i came up with......

rules of engagement
1 no taunting flaming etc. violators will be ejected. no tolerance rule.

2 vulching--

Airbases--any plane on approach, wheels down, is off limits(if you're not on approach for landing, you're fair game!). if the base is being taken, any plane taking off is fair  game. side capturing Must announce vulch light on. Vulching cannot commence until fighter hangers are down at a air base.

Vbases-- anything is fair game.

3. Hoing-- to be kept to a minimum. obvious violaters will be sternly notified, but nothing more then that.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
Re: AVA challenge suggested rules of engagement
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 05:35:27 PM »
Can you add no whining in public?  That would be fantastic.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2010, 11:54:40 AM »
i cannot control peoples uncontrollable desire to whine on these boards, other then possibly sending them some cheese to go with it. oh well!   :D

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: September 18, 2010, 02:00:19 PM »
Great idea, Yeager! Just need to make sure to get cheap cheese to go with the cheap whine.   :D

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: September 18, 2010, 02:42:58 PM »
*scurries off to Wal Mart...

CHEESE as ordered sir!!!!
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline trap78

• AvA Staff Member
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: September 18, 2010, 02:52:56 PM »
rules of engagement
1 no taunting flaming etc. violators will be ejected. no tolerance rule.
yes

2 vulching--

Airbases--any plane on approach, wheels down, is off limits(if you're not on approach for landing, you're fair game!). if the base is being taken, any plane taking off is fair  game. side capturing Must announce vulch light on. Vulching cannot commence until fighter hangers are down at a air base.
So I get on vox and tell you so-n-so shot at me when my wheels where down, so-n-so denies it. What are you going to do? No.

Vbases-- anything is fair game.
yes

3. Hoing-- to be kept to a minimum. obvious violaters will be sternly notified, but nothing more then that. 
Same scenario as airbase vulching. I say the other guy did, he says I did it. Now what? No

These "rules" are not going to prevent drama or make the event more fun. With all due respect let's not spend more time trying to manage how people play the game (which you can't do anyways) than running the event.

:salute

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #6 on: September 18, 2010, 03:14:58 PM »
actually trap i think most will respect the rules laid forth for this event and there really isn't anything to be concerned about. if we do get blatant violations, that can and will be dealt with at the time, but i really don't foresee any of these problems. this setup is going to be like the fso and i dont see people screwing around in there. these rules have been laid down between me and waystin . i am waiting for a pm to discuss the specifics and determine what will work and what wont. there will be some violations, we expect that, but for the most part it should be clean and nothing really to worry about. i just put these out for now, and hopefully we wont have any problems. if we do they can be dealt with at the time.

once waystin group lets us know how they feel, we can discuss and modify the terms. again shouldn't be a problem, this is a more "just in case" thing. basically if someone feels they can't abide by what we're proposing, no one is twisting their arm to fly it.

<edit>i plan on flying not managing, but if i have to, i will manage. right now i am planning for a really fun event and hopefully some growth in the AVA. the rules i propose are really pretty minor, and shouldn't be a big deal.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2010, 03:18:08 PM by captain1ma »

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: September 18, 2010, 03:54:55 PM »
Rule one is good. The other two are just silly.

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 04:19:47 PM »
  :devil

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2010, 04:32:08 PM »
actually trap i think most will respect the rules laid forth for this event and there really isn't anything to be concerned about. if we do get blatant violations, that can and will be dealt with at the time, but i really don't foresee any of these problems. this setup is going to be like the fso and i dont see people screwing around in there. these rules have been laid down between me and waystin . i am waiting for a pm to discuss the specifics and determine what will work and what wont. there will be some violations, we expect that, but for the most part it should be clean and nothing really to worry about. i just put these out for now, and hopefully we wont have any problems. if we do they can be dealt with at the time.

once waystin group lets us know how they feel, we can discuss and modify the terms. again shouldn't be a problem, this is a more "just in case" thing. basically if someone feels they can't abide by what we're proposing, no one is twisting their arm to fly it.

<edit>i plan on flying not managing, but if i have to, i will manage. right now i am planning for a really fun event and hopefully some growth in the AVA. the rules i propose are really pretty minor, and shouldn't be a big deal.

i suspect way is out teaching the rest of the squad how to ho, ram, pick, whine, vulch, and make really mean posts on the forums.  :noid :devil  :neener:

seriously.......seems like it may just be a blast....or many many blasts.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2010, 06:34:33 PM »
(Image removed from quote.)  :devil

I want one of these to sit backwards on the fuselage and warn me of you six sneakers.  Any chance we can get a reduced rate if we order a whole bunch of these, Dicho?  Who wants one?  :lol

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2010, 07:13:52 PM »
free to regs of course.. just send a pre addressed self stamped envelope :D

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2010, 07:16:09 PM »
Oh, very cool, dehydrated, eh?  Just add water......very efficient. :O

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2010, 08:08:42 PM »
*sigh*

FINE... I'll Fedex the monkey on Monday....

HAPPY NOW HUH? 

Be careful.  He HO's, vulches, and poops in your shoes.  :)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #14 on: September 18, 2010, 08:20:21 PM »
*sigh*

FINE... I'll Fedex the monkey on Monday....

HAPPY NOW HUH? 

Be careful.  He HO's, vulches, and poops in your shoes.  :)

and if he misses your shoes, he throws it.  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)