Author Topic: Learning the 109G14  (Read 2767 times)

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
Learning the 109G14
« on: September 21, 2010, 03:03:35 PM »
been flying the 109 G14 for a couple days now, and am really likeing it, it has flexible guns, ie 20mm or 30mm, i use the 30 though (its a lazer :) ) good speed, great climb, I have found that its marginly tought, accept for the glass radiator, but I would like to know how I can get better and improve in it
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
Re: Learning the 109G14
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2010, 03:11:32 PM »
just keep fighting and deuling in it imow we can do some deuls next time were both on
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2010, 03:14:03 PM »
sounds good man, I will be on tonight for a few hours probably
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline Ruah

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2010, 07:10:57 AM »
I think the only reason (other then for perks) to fly the G14 over the K4 is the 20mm or Gondola package - if you like the 30mm, then the k4 is better I think.

I fly the G14 because I don't like the 30mm gun, but the K4 is the better ride in every way I think.

of course I could be wrong, I tend to stick to 190s and Yaks (and sometimes the LA-7 if its a fight near a base and low alt - but I feel guilty flying it)

Kommando Nowotny
I/JG 77, 2nd Staffel
Mediterranean Maelstrom
HORRIDO

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2010, 07:58:50 AM »
I think the only reason (other then for perks) to fly the G14 over the K4 is the 20mm or Gondola package - if you like the 30mm, then the k4 is better I think.

I fly the G14 because I don't like the 30mm gun, but the K4 is the better ride in every way I think.

of course I could be wrong, I tend to stick to 190s and Yaks (and sometimes the LA-7 if its a fight near a base and low alt - but I feel guilty flying it)

I disagree to an extent, the k4 is better if you know the planes limits 100% but for the average player I think the G14 is a much better plane for turning.  Obviously the k4 is faster which is good but the turning and throttle work to make the plane fly well you have to be very experienced in it.  I've flown the k4 a lot but I'm still a noob in that plane vs a good stick.  Gunnery has to be remarkable in that or no sense in flying it. 
~XO Top Gun~ Retired
When you think you know it all, someone almost always proves you wrong.  Always strive to be better then who you are as a person, a believer, a husband, a father, and a friend.  May peace be in your life and God Bless - TnDep

Offline sunfan1121

• Gold Member
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2010, 09:12:11 AM »
I personally think the G14 is the best overall 109 variant. It has less torque than the K4 witch makes it more stable in the nose up stall. This makes it much better at pulling reversals on the enemy. If you can master the reversal you can master the G14. I like to think of it as the counter puncher, you need the other guy to make a move first then you blast him. Here's Some G14 reversal pr0n for everyone to enjoy.
www.dasmuppets.com/public/Suns/g14action2.ahf
www.dasmuppets.com/public/Suns/spit16reverse.ahf
www.dasmuppets.com/public/Suns/190reversal1946.ahf
(right click and save link with firefox.)
A drunk driver will run a stop sign. A stoned driver will stop until it turns green.

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2010, 12:25:52 PM »
I used to fly the G14 almost exclusively. It can turn slightly better and for about 1000 feet range, between 4-5k, it can out climb a k4. The k4 is more 'stable' to me, but the G14 is more 'squirrelly' in its handling. As sunsfan stated, the g14 has less torque. The handling difference between a K4 and G14 don't seem that extreme to me, unlike the difference between a K4 and a F4. Both planes can do some 'tricks' which you may find fun to pull on a red guy. Tricks that exploit their handling characteristics.
Yeah, that's right, you just got your rear handed to you by a fuggly puppet!
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline Stones

• Zinc Member
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2010, 01:13:04 PM »
Am still learning the 109F-4.  Started using it mostly this tour and will continue thru to the end of the next.  I intend to work my way thru the variants, although I don't go LW much so prob' won't see much of the K.

Just a quick question.  How or what is the quickest way of of getting from nose up to nose down at the top of a vert climb, ie a rope type or last resort vert scissors move.  Is it best to roll right or left at the top? Chop throttle and torque right or keep power on and let it roll on it's own left or not? Rudder, flaps etc..

Thanks

<S>
Only the spirit of attack, born in a brave heart, will bring success to any fighter aircraft, no matter how highly developed it may be.... Adolf Galland

Ingame ID's~KlunK~Stones~Helmet

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2010, 01:17:36 PM »
Am still learning the 109F-4.  Started using it mostly this tour and will continue thru to the end of the next.  I intend to work my way thru the variants, although I don't go LW much so prob' won't see much of the K.
I would recommend the G2, it will reduce your reliance on flat turns, yet still give you the option.
Just a quick question.  How or what is the quickest way of of getting from nose up to nose down at the top of a vert climb, ie a rope type or last resort vert scissors move.  Is it best to roll right or left at the top? Chop throttle and torque right or keep power on and let it roll on it's own left or not? Rudder, flaps etc..

roll to the left, engine torque will help you. If you roll to the right, you will be fighting the engine.

The quickest way is to slip some left rudder, move the stick to the left and rev-up the engine, to force it to roll quickly.

Thanks

<S>
[/quote]
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #9 on: September 22, 2010, 04:41:00 PM »
where ya been ardy haven't seen ya on in awhile around the da duels anyway
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline Ardy123

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: September 22, 2010, 04:47:05 PM »
where ya been ardy haven't seen ya on in awhile around the da duels anyway

I make an occasional debut, but I've been very busy in RL, lots of work, etc...
==Army of Muppets==
(Bunnies)

Offline TnDep

• Silver Member
« Reply #11 on: September 22, 2010, 04:48:53 PM »
I make an occasional debut, but I've been very busy in RL, lots of work, etc...

You work?   :rofl

I'm only kiddin  :lol hope all is well ~S~

Need a duel session reunion  :D
~XO Top Gun~ Retired

Offline jdbecks

• Silver Member
« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2010, 04:53:42 AM »
I find when flying 109s is to always keep the fight in a vertical, always keep the nose up and good throttle management. I sometimes take the gondolas out when I want to fight fighters...but make sure you come in with a bit of alt and BnZ them..one quick burst with the 3 cannons and 2 mgs is almost gaurenteed a kill. just be aware it will effect your roll rate and speed etc
JG11

...Only the proud, only the strong...
www.JG11.org

Offline L0nGb0w

• Copper Member
« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2010, 08:43:07 PM »
the g14 flies like a stuffed pig with gondies on, If you want to knife fight I recommend leaving them at home.
~Kommando Nowotny~
ZLA - Don't Focke Wulf Us

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #14 on: September 23, 2010, 09:22:13 PM »
the g14 flies like a stuffed pig with gondies on, If you want to knife fight I recommend leaving them at home.

I don't think so, you just have to be a bit more aware of what your doing. Little mistakes you can get away with without the gondies hurt you with the gondies. I fly with them more often than not. With my horrible aim I need all the rounds I can get.