Author Topic: Some of you take this way too seriously!  (Read 1745 times)

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
Re: Some of you take this way too seriously!
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2010, 01:24:59 PM »
Personally, I have no problem getting shot down, tanked, or bombed.

What I don't like is the PM smack-talking, insults, and internet-tough guys who feel the need to tell you (in not so nice terms) that've been shot down, GV killed, whatever. Big deal, I'll go to the tower and get another brand-new, fully-armed and fueled airplane.

Overall, 95% of the people in the game are good people. Its hard to remember that its a game sometimes, and I find myself hating someone for tearing my wing off repeatedly. Then I'll get a .s or I'll fly with someone who's switched sides, and it brings it back to reality.

That being said, those 5% idiots are the reason I don't attend the convention - I'd kill someone. I might not be the best pilot, tanker, or AH gamer, but I can mess someone up in real life, and thats a hassle I don't need.

So I can see where not taking it too seriously can be applied - at least from an attitude point of view. From a skills point of view, or striving to be a better player, taking a step back will never happen. Too many hotheads, internet punks, and squeakers with something to prove. When you stop trying to improve - doesn't matter if its AH or real life - its time to move on to something else.

As for me, I'm off to master Windows Solitaire <jk>

J
Skunkworks AvA Researcher and
Primary Cause of Angst

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #46 on: October 02, 2010, 01:25:14 PM »
Oh I dont get upset Cap, just annoyed and frustrated - purely at myself, part of who I am I spose.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #47 on: October 02, 2010, 01:28:07 PM »
Oh I dont get upset Cap, just annoyed and frustrated - purely at myself, part of who I am I spose.

Wurzel

COULD BE.....

i just try to not let that happen to me, 'cause it just starts snowballing at that point........i dwell on my mistakes if i let them bother me, then i make more, which i dwell on more...........and this all interferes with me learning what i need to do to not let it happen again.;
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline BulletVI

• Silver Member
      • http://virtuallyinfamous.webs.com
« Reply #48 on: October 02, 2010, 03:06:33 PM »

Remember the forum's is also used by certain players who want to vent rage and frustation at being killed all the time and who like to blame the aircraft for bad piloting skills.

But in the end Hitech and his team have a good forums and we will always have players complaining as it is their right to do so. Its upto you yerself to either post or stay clear of these topics. Yes you will get others posting in it to rile the poster of the topic but they are like kids who like to see someone raging for no reason. So you may help to encourage them or giggle at it and stay well clear of them.

BulletVI  :salute
You Don't See Me But You Hear Me Coming Then Darkness

HUH Computer's GIVE ME A SPANNER AND A WRENCH ANY DAY OF THE WEEK.  ( Mr Fix It ) :)

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #49 on: October 02, 2010, 04:28:14 PM »
Personally, I have no problem getting shot down, tanked, or bombed.

What I don't like is the PM smack-talking, insults, and internet-tough guys who feel the need to tell you (in not so nice terms) that've been shot down, GV killed, whatever. Big deal, I'll go to the tower and get another brand-new, fully-armed and fueled airplane.

Overall, 95% of the people in the game are good people. Its hard to remember that its a game sometimes, and I find myself hating someone for tearing my wing off repeatedly. Then I'll get a .s or I'll fly with someone who's switched sides, and it brings it back to reality.

That being said, those 5% idiots are the reason I don't attend the convention - I'd kill someone. I might not be the best pilot, tanker, or AH gamer, but I can mess someone up in real life, and thats a hassle I don't need.

So I can see where not taking it too seriously can be applied - at least from an attitude point of view. From a skills point of view, or striving to be a better player, taking a step back will never happen. Too many hotheads, internet punks, and squeakers with something to prove. When you stop trying to improve - doesn't matter if its AH or real life - its time to move on to something else.

As for me, I'm off to master Windows Solitaire <jk>

J

So... Tuesday night I can count on ya watching out for me right?  I'll wing with ya sir <S>

JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #50 on: October 02, 2010, 05:36:02 PM »
You can count on it!!!  :salute

True story - it made headlines in NJ a few years ago.

Some guys were smack-talking on the old MSN Zone in the CFS (Combat Flight Simulator) arena. It digressed into name calling, etc., and someone ratted the other guy's real name and address out. Guy shows up at his house, pounds him with a tire iron, and ends up in jail. Other guy is still a vegetable.

You never know who's on the other end of a conversation. Could be a 100lb. punk 13 year old, could be a 245lb. crazy ex-Army type who's retired and looking for an excuse to roadtrip to your house. Regardless of how tough you are, or think you are, keep that in mind when you PM someone with insults.

This game really ticks me off sometimes. I made the mistake of posting a rant on the forum last week and I'm still catching hell over it. I've never professed to anything more than an average stick, but I pride myself in knowing that there are people in this who's respect I've earned. That means more than landing kills any day.

J

Primary Cause of Angst

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2010, 10:39:03 PM »
I have to fly the interturdnet airplanes because I need to feel superior in some way, while I call people out when I kill them, I deny it when they say they killed me. I like to hang out in the DA alot, and fly perk planes because im not good enough to get enough points for them in the MA. I complain about HO's and collisions, but deny when I crash into someone else. My k/d isn't very good, but I talk alot of crap because i'm behind a screen.

Who am I?

(this isn't me, just guess who I am talking about)
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline RoGenT

• Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2010, 10:43:51 PM »
My opinion about getting shot down is simple: It happens to ALL the players in the game so man up, re-up and get revenge  :pray
:salute Your fellow pony dweeb today!
Offical Knight Morale Officer
#1 Punk Knight on Vtards Hit List
Proud Pig!

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #53 on: October 03, 2010, 09:45:46 AM »
I have to fly the interturdnet airplanes because I need to feel superior in some way, while I call people out when I kill them, I deny it when they say they killed me. I like to hang out in the DA alot, and fly perk planes because im not good enough to get enough points for them in the MA. I complain about HO's and collisions, but deny when I crash into someone else. My k/d isn't very good, but I talk alot of crap because i'm behind a screen.

Who am I?

(this isn't me, just guess who I am talking about)

LMAO - I can name a few...
Primary Cause of Angst