Author Topic: First World War officially ends  (Read 3705 times)

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
Re: First World War officially ends
« Reply #60 on: October 05, 2010, 09:27:46 AM »
I thought the Anglo Saxon countries adopted a moneytary policy whereby they encouraged deregulated investment and the expense of manufacturing, service sector employment via capital was created.

Germany has retained much of it's heavy and light manufacturing base and resisted any attempts of intervention in regards to its economic policy.

Spain has complained to the IMF that their main economic problems are based on Germanies reluctance to fully open it's internal markets.

The US over the next 30 years will reconsolidate it's position on the world economic stage.
The economic problems occurring at present are a result of collapse of investment capital ie morgage business.

I bought some CH pedals they were expensive and worth every penny,how do I get a green card?
There are no pies stored in this plane overnight

The GFC
Pipz lived in the Wilderness near Ontario

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #61 on: October 05, 2010, 11:16:52 AM »
It's all my fault :devil

_____________________________ ________________________

There can only be one

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #62 on: October 05, 2010, 11:21:24 AM »
QFT.   This is why.   No "theories" needed.   

Who asked for a theory? I wanted to know how/why a country without money to pay back war debts was allowed to have the monies to build such an advanced force. I mean even when territories were being used in appeasement, it was because the other countries feared and/or wanted peace at all costs. They could only fear them if they had monies to build something to fear, meaning either the allied parties were not paying attention for years upon years, or they didn't really care to enforce the treaty. Maybe they didn't have money for a good while, but somewhere they did get the monies. Like you taking out a mortgage , then never paying on it citing financial difficulties, spend the money and drive up to argue with the bank in a Bugatti Veyron that you don't have the money to pay a $6,000 a month mortgage. Is the bank really that naive? I never doubted Traveler, I just don't understand why no one enforced the treaty when opportunities were there.

Economy is the method by which we prepare today to afford the improvements of tomorrow.
Calvin Coolidge

My theory earlier was for WWI not WWII
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #63 on: October 05, 2010, 11:45:42 AM »
Green card? No? anyone?

The GFC

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #64 on: October 05, 2010, 12:08:59 PM »
The US did not sign with the league of nations but Wilson signed it himself. As for the Zimmerman letter to Mexico it in all likely hood was a fraud. British intelligence was behind it to get America into the war Churchill said as much in the 50s. Wilson wanted in it anyway. If you want to learn about Woodrow Wilson the real Wilson and not what is written by the far left progressives. I will post some books later. Germany and the Nazi's in the 1920s and 30s used the Wilson's administration as a model for propaganda as did Russia. Lucky for America Wilson died before he could cause more damage.

The Zimmerman Papars were not a fraud, that has been proven.  I would like to see your source that proves contrary.  As for the League of Nations, doesn't matter if the President signed an intent, but the fact remains that the US Senate never ratified both the League of Nations nor the Treaty of Versailles.  It is also an undisputable fact that the US was by far very conciliatory towards Germany about reparations. 

By all means though, continue with your revisionism as it's very entertaining.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Traveler

• Gold Member
      • 113th Lucky Strikes
« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2010, 12:29:27 PM »
Who asked for a theory? I wanted to know how/why a country without money to pay back war debts was allowed to have the monies to build such an advanced force. I mean even when territories were being used in appeasement, it was because the other countries feared and/or wanted peace at all costs. They could only fear them if they had monies to build something to fear, meaning either the allied parties were not paying attention for years upon years, or they didn't really care to enforce the treaty. Maybe they didn't have money for a good while, but somewhere they did get the monies. Like you taking out a mortgage , then never paying on it citing financial difficulties, spend the money and drive up to argue with the bank in a Bugatti Veyron that you don't have the money to pay a $6,000 a month mortgage. Is the bank really that naive? I never doubted Traveler, I just don't understand why no one enforced the treaty when opportunities were there.

Economy is the method by which we prepare today to afford the improvements of tomorrow.
Calvin Coolidge

I think you have to consider all the major events that occurred at the time.   Germany in a war that left the country bankrupted and major industry destroyed .  A treaty that prohibited re-growth of that industry, massive unemployed and this years before the great depression was to hit.  Once Hitler was in a position of power Germany quickly shredded the treaty.  The youth programs involved with gliders.  One in ten teens could fly a glider in Germany in 1932.  The Germen version of the BoyScouts was designed along a military command structure.    Once the vail was removed and Germany openly built a military power base, no one want war.  Like it or not, Hitler took a defeated , bankrupted nation, with no economy,  massive unemployment and no hope and turned it into a major world power by 1933 they were center stage with the 1933 Olympics.  Hitler was ruthless, brutal and cruel and from my reading totally insane.  

For whatever reason the world chose to sit back and watch.  The history of the German American Bund in the United States is very interesting reading.  The US was considered an isolationists country  and wanted no part of a war.  Perhaps that’s why many speculate that Roosevelt’s Whitehouse and command knew of the pending attack at Pearl Harbor and withheld warnings because they needed a sneak attack from an evil enemy to get a clear majority in Congress to enter into WWII.   Just think how everyone felt here on the afternoon of 9/11.  The US declared war on Japan, Germany Declarers war on the US.   Game on.   Had the fleet been warned at Pearl and at sea instead of in port.    The result would have been the same.  The fleet sunk in deep water, and many more men dead.  At least in the harbor they just had to swim ashore, the the bulk of the fleet was re-floated within months.
Traveler
Executive Officer
113th LUcky Strikes
http://www.hitechcreations.com/wiki/index.php/113th_Lucky_Strikes

Offline Masherbrum

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2010, 12:39:58 PM »

Calvin Coolidge

You are claiming the "theory" is what transpired and that is my only hangup with that.   The reason the French spread their payments out like the Germans was that if you demand the "lump sum", the World Economy collapses.   It isn't a question of people being "naive", there was common sense in the Economic status of Germany.   How do you make an already near bankrupt country pay reparations?  

Fast Forward to 1929 and not just the US was affected by the Stock Market crash.   The ripple effect reached across the Globe.   BTW, the US was giving loans to the Weimar Republic until 1932.  

What hasn't been mentioned is the fact that the Lausanne Conference (sp?) of 1932 stipulated that the "reparations be suspended".   By that time it was clear that the deepening depression had made it impossible for Germany to resume its reparations payments. The U.S. had agreed to cycle back back to the Young Plan and modified it to include:

• to not pressure Germany for immediate payments.
  • to reduce indebtedness by nearly 90% and require Germany to prepare for the issuance of bonds.  This provision was close to cancellation, reducing the German obligation from the original $32.3 billion to $713 million.
  • to informally agree among the delegates that these provisions would be ineffective unless the US government agreed to the cancellation of war debts owed by the Allied governments.

As to your earlier question of "why Germany was allowed to take so long to repay".   I referred to my 300 level World History notebook.

After Germany’s surrender in World War II, an international conference decided that Germany would pay the remaining debt only after the country was reunified. West Germany paid off the principal by 1980. In 1995 after reunification, the new German government announced it would resume payments of the interest to compensate for "East German debts".  

Again, my only hangup has been the "theory", nothing else.  
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:43:05 PM by Masherbrum »
-=Most Wanted=-

FSO Squad 412th FNVG
http://worldfamousfridaynighters.com/
Co-Founder of DFC

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2010, 12:49:48 PM »
The US did not sign with the league of nations but Wilson signed it himself. As for the Zimmerman letter to Mexico it in all likely hood was a fraud. British intelligence was behind it to get America into the war Churchill said as much in the 50s. Wilson wanted in it anyway. If you want to learn about Woodrow Wilson the real Wilson and not what is written by the far left progressives. I will post some books later. Germany and the Nazi's in the 1920s and 30s used the Wilson's administration as a model for propaganda as did Russia. Lucky for America Wilson died before he could cause more damage.

I'm guessing you were taught this by a certain person with a t.v. show involving a slew of chalkboards?

Also, sure you can pull out books proving yourself right, but I can pull out books that prove the holocaust is a myth and that 9/11 was a scheme started by the U.S. govt.  :noid

Please toss me the ISBN's of your sources, because I'd very much like to go through it and instead of playing wheres waldo, I'll be playing where's the BS.

and may be a bit early, but IN.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline coola4me

• Copper Member
« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2010, 01:04:46 PM »
Well along with learning there is more to the story of WWI than an assasination! I also learned that i will never get into a battle of words with SEseph! You sir (even if you c/p) have had some of the most well put together post ive read in a forum!

Please continue!
CO. 172nd Rabid Dawgs
In Game Name: coola
Panties....not the greatest thing on Earth..... but next to it!!!     ME-YOW!!!

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2010, 02:06:52 PM »
Read the following books

1. Woodrow Wilson  by Ronald Pestritto

2. What really caused WWI. Can't remember the writer

3.Wilson's war. by Jim Power

The Zimmerman letter was decoded by British intelligent officer Admiral William R Hall and given to the foreign minister Arthur J. Balfour. He in turn gave it to the US Ambassador. The code breaking used was faulty by admission of the British Load of the Admiralty Winston Churchill 30 yrs later. Zimmerman
did admit he sent the telegram but not that Germany really wanted or expected Mexico to attack the US. History books from the local high school do not tell the total story.

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #70 on: October 05, 2010, 02:20:17 PM »
did US attack Mexico in the phillipines.?
Got a book American diplomacy by Ambassador Harrimann

The GFC

Offline R 105

• Silver Member
« Reply #71 on: October 06, 2010, 06:05:38 AM »
Remember the very people who wrote the history books are the same bunch that got us in WWI to start with. The winners write history. If you want to see where some of this got started well before Wilson then read.

Bully Boy. by Jim Powell

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #72 on: October 06, 2010, 09:12:52 AM »
You are claiming the "theory" is what transpired and that is my only hangup with that.   The reason the French spread their payments out like the Germans was that if you demand the "lump sum", the World Economy collapses.   It isn't a question of people being "naive", there was common sense in the Economic status of Germany.   How do you make an already near bankrupt country pay reparations?  

Fast Forward to 1929 and not just the US was affected by the Stock Market crash.   The ripple effect reached across the Globe.   BTW, the US was giving loans to the Weimar Republic until 1932.  

What hasn't been mentioned is the fact that the Lausanne Conference (sp?) of 1932 stipulated that the "reparations be suspended".   By that time it was clear that the deepening depression had made it impossible for Germany to resume its reparations payments. The U.S. had agreed to cycle back back to the Young Plan and modified it to include:

• to not pressure Germany for immediate payments.
  • to reduce indebtedness by nearly 90% and require Germany to prepare for the issuance of bonds.  This provision was close to cancellation, reducing the German obligation from the original $32.3 billion to $713 million.
  • to informally agree among the delegates that these provisions would be ineffective unless the US government agreed to the cancellation of war debts owed by the Allied governments.

As to your earlier question of "why Germany was allowed to take so long to repay".   I referred to my 300 level World History notebook.

After Germany’s surrender in World War II, an international conference decided that Germany would pay the remaining debt only after the country was reunified. West Germany paid off the principal by 1980. In 1995 after reunification, the new German government announced it would resume payments of the interest to compensate for "East German debts".  

Again, my only hangup has been the "theory", nothing else.  

All due respect, your notes and/or book are/is of no help to you if you are not answering the question that was asked. I didn't care about post WWII. I wanted to know why Germany was allowed to build her forces up before WWII when she was suppose to be making restitution payments. How much do you think all of those Unterseeboots or both the Bismark and Tirpitz cost? When Spain's civil war (July17th, 1936 – April 1st, 1939) erupted, Germany, Italy and Portugal were requested to aid the Nationalists. Germany used the opportunity to cut her teeth on her new military, which was in direct defiance of the Treaty of Versailles. Remember these provisions?

Part V of the treaty begins with the preamble, "In order to render possible the initiation of a general limitation of the armaments of all nations, Germany undertakes strictly to observe the military, naval and air clauses which follow."

German armed forces will number no more than 100,000 troops, and conscription will be abolished.
Enlisted men will be retained for at least 12 years; officers to be retained for at least 25 years.
German naval forces will be limited to 15,000 men, 6 battleships (no more than 10,000 tons displacement each), 6 cruisers (no more than 6,000 tons displacement each), 12 destroyers (no more than 800 tons displacement each) and 12 torpedo boats (no more than 200 tons displacement each). No submarines are to be included.
The manufacture, import, and export of weapons and poison gas is prohibited.
Armed aircraft, tanks and armoured cars are prohibited.
Blockades on ships are prohibited.
Restrictions on the manufacture of machine guns (e.g. the Maxim machine gun) and rifles (e.g. Gewehr 98 rifles).

In reading such, one wonders... how does a country not allowed to have armed vehicles cut their airforce's teeth in battle? Uh oh, seems they had extra money. Just saying. Which is also why I asked Traveler about it. I have a hard time accepting that the allies were so eager to fight the war, France in particular, then get back their territories (see France again) only to wuss out when the guy who owes them money is hiding behind: "I'm broke, and if you don't believe me, just don't look at Spain when you investigate my claim." I haven't touched 1940 yet, let alone 1947, 1950 etc etc..

Secondly, why on earth would you put in a stipulation of payment when you are uncertain of the possible fulfillment of said stipulation? (this is in rebuke to your statement) What if Germany had NEVER reunified? If I were West Germany and East Germany, I'd never agree to new terms as the only way I have to pay you back currently is if I fulfill condition (A)... so I'll make condition (A) unobtainable. Are we going to go to war if they refuse to pay? We've seen the answer to that. I'd be safe in betting no. A contract can not be changed unless all parties agree and when Germany did reunite, we believed ourselves above such a global war. What if they had still said no? I mean how many years without full payments went by? I wish MY creditors were that forgiving.

It seems as if the world is hesitant to punish unless it's out of perportion. Germany was put as totally at fault for WWI, yet we've sat here talking about the idea of Serbia starting it, or Austria-Hungary, or even Britain. Germany was doing as her treaty required, as was France, Italy, Russia, Bulgaria, Japan, Chine etc etc. So Germany is at fault for being an faithful participant in what all others hold themselves to be, not just as faithful, but also above everyone else. Remember in 1939 when this tiny country west of Germany helped her invade? I think it was called the USSR... but it was so small, who would care. Then they got back stabbed and switched sides. Does that nullify any guilt they had for assisting in the start of the war? What about the fact Russia was intent on helping Germany even further until Operation Barbarossa halted such designs.

If you look at history, you must accept it's inconsistencies, but also one must understand WHY they even exist in the first place. I do not disagree with blatant facts, but this one isn't straight forward. It leaves many open questions as to why certain people's were punished while others who had just as much, or more, guilt are allowed to avoid persecution.

I'm sure I missed something, or left an open statement somewhere, but I'm in a hurry this morning, sorry.

Remember the very people who wrote the history books are the same bunch that got us in WWI to start with. The winners write history. If you want to see where some of this got started well before Wilson then read.

Bully Boy. by Jim Powell

So you are now of the opinion that events were already heading in the favor or World War before Wilson... How then is it's Wilson's fault? How is any one man at fault for such world events? You might site Hitler, but he was no alone. His party, his people, Russia, those who ignored him; they are ALL at fault for allowing him to be there. Our world is not cloistered, nor has it been for many a century. World events transpire as a result of many actions. Wilson might have done something differently, Britian might have. Serbia might have. The idea is to understand WHERE the errors lay, not who is easiest to blame. A child will lie, but that doesn't mean just because you don't understand that they are lying, yet many parent's assume so. I myself am guilty of such my with my niece. It was easy, she was 3. I'm an adult, so I know better and that means she has to be wrong... Yet I was. History is the same. Remember in 1800? evolution was BAD, it was WRONG, it was Heresy. Today anything but is considered uneducated. A man in Iran say the holocaust didn't happen, does that make it so? We must use reason and logic to interpret events.

Quotes and books are fine, so long as you can logically string your argument up so when someone tugs on it it doesn't come crashing down. As I said in a previous answer, Wilson was elected in after a vast majority of the events needed for World War were already in place. Let's say he wanted war... so did France and Austria-Hungary. Which is right? Is France right because we won the war with her? Or is she right solely because she won... If you say she was wrong, then obviously we need to look at who is at fault for WWII. If she was right, why wasn't Austria-Hungary? Double standards are no good in arguments because they can be used to smack your side down before it even starts...

Britain is no in the spell check lol I might have misspelled it again, I found one error already but Spell check never found it... hmmm
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #73 on: October 06, 2010, 09:43:43 AM »
Nice argument SEseph!!!!!!!! very well written!  :salute

but your wrong just because my momma told me she saw it on history channel!!!!  :neener: :neener:

disclaimer: just a joke everyone, none take it personally!  :D

:bolt:
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline zack1234

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #74 on: October 06, 2010, 10:53:56 AM »
so first world has ended then? :old:

The GFC