Author Topic: once again picked  (Read 2455 times)

Online Puma44

• Platinum Member
Re: once again picked
« Reply #30 on: October 05, 2010, 12:09:25 PM »
funny that you mention camoflauge.

that's why you saw me in german iron last night. it seems when most people mention having a hard time seeing low cons, they always say they can't see the german planes. i had noticed this too. so i took a ride in a 109f.

let me tell ya. your pee40 blended into the background last night, just as easily as the me109's do when i'm flying american iron.

i think that it's more to do with camo, and with the actual size of the airplane. the me109 is one of the smallest fighters out there i think. smaller even than the pee40. the pee38 is one of the largest fighters out there. top that off with the lack of good camo for them, and it explains a LOT of why they're so easy to kill in there.......in my case, that only compounds my suckage in them...........

You are exactly right, Cap.  Along with other things, size does matter; especially if used to an advantage.  :salute

The right camouflage for the terrain is invaluable.  The 38s are lacking in really good camo schemes, except for a couple of the darker, dull paint jobs.  It's interesting how some 38 drivers, with one of the biggest fighters in the game, will fly a silver/bright paint scheme which in turn makes them even more visible at long distance due to the constant sun glitter that comes off a reflective skin.   :huh
« Last Edit: October 05, 2010, 12:23:48 PM by Puma44 »

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #31 on: October 05, 2010, 02:39:06 PM »
because they have TWO engines to get home on :)
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #32 on: October 05, 2010, 02:47:52 PM »
You are exactly right, Cap.  Along with other things, size does matter; especially if used to an advantage.  :salute

The right camouflage for the terrain is invaluable.  The 38s are lacking in really good camo schemes, except for a couple of the darker, dull paint jobs.  It's interesting how some 38 drivers, with one of the biggest fighters in the game, will fly a silver/bright paint scheme which in turn makes them even more visible at long distance due to the constant sun glitter that comes off a reflective skin.   :huh

yea....i kind of try to keep in the olive drab schemes. first off, 'cause i try to stick with squad skins.......secondly, 'cause when i watch films from the other guys view, i think it looks a little hard to tell which way the 38 is facing sometimes.......kind of resembles a shadow.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #33 on: October 05, 2010, 02:49:09 PM »
because they have TWO engines to get home on :)

you ever try flying one of those dam things single engined?  they're like spitfire magnets in the main arenas that way.

i did have a fun fight against potsnpans in his c205, where i lost an engine right off the merge.......was a fun fight.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #34 on: October 05, 2010, 03:15:34 PM »
I rarely fly em.. never had much success in the big birds but it's on my bucket list   :cheers:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #35 on: October 05, 2010, 03:20:35 PM »
I rarely fly em.. never had much success in the big birds but it's on my bucket list   :cheers:

once you've managed a few kills in the mighty pee38 o doom, you almost won't wanna fly anything else.  :aok
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #36 on: October 05, 2010, 03:24:54 PM »
I played in a 38 last Tuesday... totally different world from my latest girlfriend the mighty 109 :D

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #37 on: October 05, 2010, 03:26:04 PM »
I played in a 38 last Tuesday... totally different world from my latest girlfriend the mighty 109 :D

i flew an "F" last night...only one run, as i couldn't get back to the computer.......but those dam guns are like lasers.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #38 on: October 05, 2010, 03:27:21 PM »
they can be, in the hands of a competent pilet, mine shudders and refuses at the gate when I climb in  :lol

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #39 on: October 05, 2010, 03:28:44 PM »
they can be, in the hands of a competent pilet, mine shudders and refuses at the gate when I climb in  :lol

i picked puma...for which i apologized......but anyway....he was in a pee40. i lost him in the background, so i shot where i thought he should be. i got him.  :devil  dam camo!! :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #40 on: October 05, 2010, 03:30:52 PM »
wow.. you got him when he was cloaked?  Niiiice shootin Sulu!!!

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #41 on: October 05, 2010, 03:34:00 PM »
wow.. you got him when he was cloaked?  Niiiice shootin Sulu!!!

uh huh. cloaking devices be damed!!  :noid
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #42 on: October 05, 2010, 04:40:53 PM »
I tried it again, got picked, got HOed, couldn't call a guy off to try and keep a fight just 1 vs 1, and with the no icon thing it was almost impossible with these tired old eyes.

Still not for me.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #43 on: October 05, 2010, 04:43:47 PM »
I tried it again, got picked, got HOed, couldn't call a guy off to try and keep a fight just 1 vs 1, and with the no icon thing it was almost impossible with these tired old eyes.

Still not for me.

if ya want, look for me, jc67, puma44, jeagr, grumpy, dichomoty, and a few of the other regulars.

you'll get better results out of those of us that're in there trying to have fun.

any chance of you naming the offending peeps?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline JC67

• Copper Member
« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2010, 04:48:31 PM »
sorry to hear that Fugitive..if im ever in there when you are ill give ya fair fight,or stay outa the one you are already in. :cool:

You cant shoot anyone down if you aint in the air.
Ava Arena JC67-36th\ FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends