Author Topic: Chog  (Read 1618 times)

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
Re: Chog
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2010, 11:27:41 AM »
Gyrene has good points. Melvin when you leave the arena because of people misbehaving, it only increases the percentage of griefers compared to guys just wanting to fly and fight. Try and lock it out and ignore the griefers no matter who they are. Total denial of their exsistance until they straighten up as gyrene has offered is the best idea. Don't respond to their jibes don't salute and don't help them by giving them more ways to get your goat. There's too much fun to be had to log off in disgust over the antics of others.

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #16 on: October 08, 2010, 11:28:06 AM »
but maybe they'll learn.

They won't.  :(   As their names and the name of their squadron illustrates, they are there for a purpose.  As gyrene said the best thing to do is just ignore them, something I am very guilty of NOT doing.  Will try harder in the future when I am in there and they are.
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #17 on: October 08, 2010, 11:30:13 AM »
They won't.  :(   As their names and the name of their squadron illustrates, they are there for a purpose.  As gyrene said the best thing to do is just ignore them, something I am very guilty of NOT doing.  Will try harder in the future when I am in there and they are.

yea i know..........

well......they were on you like flies on poop last night. but what i did notice, is that the player base in there knew it wasn't your fault. did you notice all the 200 talk "encouraging" them to calm down?
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Melvin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #18 on: October 08, 2010, 11:30:41 AM »
Jaeger1, in no way should you feel the need to shoulder responsibility for some people's behavior. The way I see it, you AvA staffers are doing a bang-up job of providing a fun sanctuary for those of us that choose to participate. :salute

The fact is that some guys are, as Gyrene put so well, "turds". Nothing more, nothing less. ( They know who they are.)

Another fact is that some guys shouldn't slip up and let it get under their skin. Then those guys blurt out the "P" word on open channel, log off and then have to start stupid threads apologizing to guys like Chog for any misunderstanding. (I know, I know.)

In effect, what has happened is that the drama in the arena was carried right to the bbs by me. I feel as if I've taken a step toward the "Dark Side" in doing so. You will not see anymore whiney threads from me, as I feel Gyrene has the perfect solution to the problem.

I would be pleased if we could let this post die now, and get back to the business of having fun.

<S> Melvin
See Rule #4

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #19 on: October 08, 2010, 11:32:11 AM »
I learned that no matter where you go in life, there's bound to be idiots. Unfortunately, we can't drop the gloves and send them home with a broken nose (yea, I play hockey), so we either have to ignore them or move to where they aren't.

Its a sad state of affairs, but that's the way it is. I still get baited and have to fight the urge to break something. I long for the day when you can reach through the monitor and knock someone in the teeth! :-)

All that being said, if you surround yourself with good people, the idiots seem less important.

J
Skunkworks AvA Researcher and
Primary Cause of Angst

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #20 on: October 08, 2010, 11:37:14 AM »
Jaeger1, in no way should you feel the need to shoulder responsibility for some people's behavior. The way I see it, you AvA staffers are doing a bang-up job of providing a fun sanctuary for those of us that choose to participate. :salute

The fact is that some guys are, as Gyrene put so well, "turds". Nothing more, nothing less. ( They know who they are.)

Another fact is that some guys shouldn't slip up and let it get under their skin. Then those guys blurt out the "P" word on open channel, log off and then have to start stupid threads apologizing to guys like Chog for any misunderstanding. (I know, I know.)

In effect, what has happened is that the drama in the arena was carried right to the bbs by me. I feel as if I've taken a step toward the "Dark Side" in doing so. You will not see anymore whiney threads from me, as I feel Gyrene has the perfect solution to the problem.

I would be pleased if we could let this post die now, and get back to the business of having fun.

<S> Melvin

ytou have not. you simply came here, and stated your opinion. you didn't do it maliciously or anything.

i think one other thing i may start doing, is the "report text" thing when i see them doing their crap. especially when they push things too far like that.
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #21 on: October 08, 2010, 11:49:46 AM »
Great way to look at it.  I'm thinking the next time, if there is one, we move to another end of the map let those with the kiddy mentality play with themselves.  :salute to all the gentlemen of the AvA!

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #22 on: October 08, 2010, 12:00:57 PM »
Great way to look at it.  I'm thinking the next time, if there is one, we move to another end of the map let those with the kiddy mentality play with themselves.  :salute to all the gentlemen of the AvA!

he said "play with themselves" nehnehneh.....
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #23 on: October 08, 2010, 12:15:31 PM »
we could also get out of planes and into trucks until they leave! or just sit in the tower

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: October 08, 2010, 12:20:37 PM »
That's a good idea also.  One of the basic tenants of combat; make the other guy fight your fight.  :old:

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: October 08, 2010, 12:20:56 PM »
sorry Puma

JEEP RAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #26 on: October 08, 2010, 12:51:02 PM »
or we could just headhunt them.

when they start their crap i will be more than happy to join whatever side they are on and follow them around posting status updates on 200. it sux when they cant hide anywhere and get vulched constantly because everyone knows where they are and when they are upping.

sounds childish, but unfortunately this is just like dealing with children. when was the last time one of you decided that if you ignore your child when he/she is being a brat and had it actually change the child's behavior? it doesn't work. you have to be proactive in dealing with them just like you would in dealing with any other child!

if they would deny us the fun and good times by flying in a drama free enviroment, then we should make it as lame an experience for them as possible. if they cant get of the ground without being horded and ganged from the moment of wheels up until earth nap then they will leave. or they will sit in the tower the entire time talking trash, but i don't see that being very disruptive when you can laugh at the fact that you have them stuck in time out like 2 year olds! the long term embarrassment and frustration will quickly begin to out weigh the short term thrill they derive from the sarcasm they spew forth.

i have said it in other threads and i will reiterate it here, if someone(s) want to act like dweebs and ruin my fun then i will find my enjoyment in making them as miserable as possible ever moment i get the chance.

my philosophy is simple, have fun play well and treat others with the respect that you want to be treated with. those who cant comply with this simple philosophy need to be treated with the same level of respect they have given to others. i am more than happy to spend my time teaching manners and respect to dweebs.

now do not get me wrong, how they play or fly is purely up to them. i am not telling them how they should play. i am only stating that they should play their way while still respecting the fun of others by keeping their mouths shut and not acting like dweebs. if that is what they want then they can stay in the MA's where it has become an unfortunate part of the game.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: October 08, 2010, 02:25:52 PM »
sorry Puma

JEEP RAID!!!!!!!!!!!!!
JEEP!  :x  Did you say Jeep?  I have a Jeep, 'cept to doesn't have a cool gun mounted on it.  And believe me, it would be could to have one in these parts.

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #28 on: October 08, 2010, 02:27:41 PM »
or we could just headhunt them.

when they start their crap i will be more than happy to join whatever side they are on and follow them around posting status updates on 200. it sux when they cant hide anywhere and get vulched constantly because everyone knows where they are and when they are upping.

sounds childish, but unfortunately this is just like dealing with children. when was the last time one of you decided that if you ignore your child when he/she is being a brat and had it actually change the child's behavior? it doesn't work. you have to be proactive in dealing with them just like you would in dealing with any other child!

if they would deny us the fun and good times by flying in a drama free enviroment, then we should make it as lame an experience for them as possible. if they cant get of the ground without being horded and ganged from the moment of wheels up until earth nap then they will leave. or they will sit in the tower the entire time talking trash, but i don't see that being very disruptive when you can laugh at the fact that you have them stuck in time out like 2 year olds! the long term embarrassment and frustration will quickly begin to out weigh the short term thrill they derive from the sarcasm they spew forth.

i have said it in other threads and i will reiterate it here, if someone(s) want to act like dweebs and ruin my fun then i will find my enjoyment in making them as miserable as possible ever moment i get the chance.

my philosophy is simple, have fun play well and treat others with the respect that you want to be treated with. those who cant comply with this simple philosophy need to be treated with the same level of respect they have given to others. i am more than happy to spend my time teaching manners and respect to dweebs.

now do not get me wrong, how they play or fly is purely up to them. i am not telling them how they should play. i am only stating that they should play their way while still respecting the fun of others by keeping their mouths shut and not acting like dweebs. if that is what they want then they can stay in the MA's where it has become an unfortunate part of the game.

I agree.  If no one ups to play their games, well.....they are stuck playing by themselves.   or with.....

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #29 on: October 08, 2010, 04:25:32 PM »
I agree.  If no one ups to play their games, well.....they are stuck playing by themselves.   or with.....

the problem is that if we dont up then we are deprived of our fun on all levels. they win. i wont sit for that, i would prefer the satisfaction that i derive from hounding harrying and harassing them until they either behave or leave.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr