Author Topic: Some AvA ideas...  (Read 1765 times)

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
Some AvA ideas...
« on: October 08, 2010, 10:31:15 AM »
Mid War - Twin River Map or Tunisia:

3 layers of bases

1st layer, Mc.202 and 109F4, 109G2, 110C4 vs. P-40, Spit V, Hurricane IId and IIc.
2nd layer, Mc.205 and 109G6, 110G2 vs. P-38G, P-47D-11 and Spit VIII (or IX)
3rd layer, Fiat G.55 (kidding! :P) and Fw-190A5/A8 vs. P47D-25 and P-38J (the A8 is a bit out of time line, but so is the 38J - balance).

Using the same premise as last week's mission, capture the Vbase on the opposite side of the river. The difference here is this: the better aircraft are farther away, allowing time to climb out. +1. It takes longer to bring these aircraft into play -1. So...its balanced. Bombers available at all bases - JU-88, Ju-87, and B-25, Bostons. GVs - Panzer, 251, M4 and M3. No anti-aircraft GVs. Historically, production of the M16 began in May of '43, right around the time this scenario should be taking place. Wirbles and Ostis never made it to North Africa.

Bodenplatte - Germany map
January 1945
Reference: Operation Bodenplatte, by John Mahnro

While the actual operation was a debacle for the Luftwaffe - here it could be interesting. Limit aircraft types to particular bases on the Allied side (since that's historical and there were more varieties to choose from). Base ack should be reduced, in the event the Germans actually get to the bases to start taking down ord, dar, etc.

Phase I - P-47s run headlong into Fw-190A-8s, Bf-109G-14s at low altitude. As pilots are shot down, they move into Phase II aircraft and launch at pre-determined times...

Phase II - P-51s, Spitfire XIV (can we unperk them?) and Typhoons versus Fw-109D-9s and Bf-109K-4s (or they can retain their 109s)

Phase III - end the evening with a free-for-all

Race for the base - Germany '45
Germany map
Reference: Last Days of the Luftwaffe, Albert Price

Bf109G-14s and K4s versus La-5, La-7, Yak 9s, IL-2
Armor - Panzers, Tiger (if we can unperk), WW, Osti, vs. T-34/85, M3, M16

Scenario - Russians are advancing on German airfield with armor. German fighters attempt to counter armor while German armor races in from another direction. End result is a fight over the town. An element I'm leaving out of the scenario would be the movement of a group of ground vehicles (aka, the retreat from the Russians), but I doubt anyone would want to roll an empty 251 from one place to another just to achieve a goal.

Eastern Front - 1943
Bf-109G-6 and Fw-190A5 versus La-5, P-39
Panzers, 251 vs. T-34/76, M3
Ju-88 versus Boston

This is where 3 sides can effectively work. Rook=German, Knight= Russian, Bish side, a neutral town in the middle. First to capture the neutral town wins. Ack shoots at everyone!

These are just some ideas - if anyone is interested in hashing them out further, lemme know.  :salute

J
Skunkworks AvA Researcher and
Primary Cause of Angst

Offline JC67

• Copper Member
Re: Some AvA ideas...
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 12:11:13 PM »
I like that setup  sounds like a fun time  :aok

You cant shoot anyone down if you aint in the air.
Ava Arena JC67-36th\ FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline Puma44

• Platinum Member
« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2010, 12:11:30 PM »
I'm not history expert, but these sound very interesting and fun to fly. :salute

All gave some, Some gave all

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 07:19:35 PM »
Thanks guys....the one that intrigues me the most is the 3-sided AvA where the 3rd side is a neutral target.

Both sides have to work to take the town down - town shoots at everyone - and each side has to fend off attempts from the other to capture it.

J
Primary Cause of Angst

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #4 on: October 08, 2010, 07:21:59 PM »
Thanks guys....the one that intrigues me the most is the 3-sided AvA where the 3rd side is a neutral target.

Both sides have to work to take the town down - town shoots at everyone - and each side has to fend off attempts from the other to capture it.

J

It's a great concept, similar to AirWarrior's original map, but unfortunately maps don't reset in AvA.  If you take all the neutral bases, the map and plane set get porked and stay that way until a staffer happens by to reset everything.

- oldman

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 07:34:08 PM »
but worth a shot if we could get a staffer to commit to being there?
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Oldman731

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 08, 2010, 08:17:27 PM »
but worth a shot if we could get a staffer to commit to being there?

We have our prices....

- oldman

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: October 08, 2010, 08:24:23 PM »
I have access to plenty of sheep sir .. only slightly used for the most part.  :D
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline captain1ma

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
      • JG54 website
« Reply #8 on: October 08, 2010, 09:29:14 PM »
sheep?!!

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 08, 2010, 11:45:30 PM »
awww geeeeez  do you need a goat?   I can get one but I'll have to hawk Squids laptop..  :devil

Offline JC67

• Copper Member
« Reply #10 on: October 08, 2010, 11:48:46 PM »
i have a whole field of sheep  will sell for top market dollar
« Last Edit: October 08, 2010, 11:56:39 PM by JC67 »

You cant shoot anyone down if you aint in the air.
Ava Arena JC67-36th\ FIGHTER SQ Flying Fiends

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #11 on: October 08, 2010, 11:49:25 PM »
I was thinking more along the lines of our weekly snapshot, not necessarily an all-out week-long campaign...

Sorta like we did the other night with Jaegar's twin river setup.

Perhaps I'm not completely up on the process....

J
Primary Cause of Angst

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: October 08, 2010, 11:52:02 PM »
okay back on topic....

I'm in  :aok

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #13 on: October 09, 2010, 12:03:25 AM »
This is where 3 sides can effectively work. Rook=German, Knight= Russian, Bish side, a neutral town in the middle. First to capture the neutral town wins. Ack shoots at everyone!

This is quite similar to something I'm planning for Oct 21

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,297607.0.html

The target neutral bases will be in between the rivers.

I will have 2 more off limits neutral bases with nothing enabled for capture in the furthest reaches of each countries territory to try to prevent the field count from going low enough to trigger a map reset.

Look for the full write up in a day or two.

Offline JHerne

• Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: October 09, 2010, 12:12:02 AM »
I'm new to this - I can provide all the historical data you need (most of it direct from the brain cells), but I'm not up on how its all set up, the amount of work involved, etc., but I am willing to learn.

I have downloaded all of the maps, so I'll fly around in offline mode and see what I can scout out as potential scenario sites for these one-night events. If this "ain't how its done in these-here parts", let me know.

J
Primary Cause of Angst