Author Topic: Sigs please  (Read 1923 times)

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
Sigs please
« on: October 10, 2010, 10:27:46 PM »
No this is not for the people who wish to sign a petition against HTC :D

Flyers in the MA have their own style, preference of a plane, and some even have signature moves.

List em up guys! i'd love to see some of the answers to this...

P.S. try not to do any of what i call grizzklehumping. we all know he loves his taters :aok

My list would be

P51B and A6M, that i love dancing both of these planes in extreme combat maneuvering at any altitude (the adrenaline of a good 2 on 2 or 4 on 4 combined with crazy flying for both you and the enemy gets me going),
and my sig move is to do a fast barrel roll out of a head on in any plane if possible and to pull over the top and hit my enemy nice and fast (it surprises most enemies who expect me to fire and they sometimes waste ammo on thin air beside my plane and a.k.a. you see this happen, especially in a P51 or A6M, it might just be me :aok )

What's yours guys? love to know :banana:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
Re: Sigs please
« Reply #1 on: October 10, 2010, 10:29:07 PM »
P38J, or the 190D9.
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Messiah

• Persona Non Grata
  • Silver Member
      • http://www.theblueknights.com
« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2010, 10:31:39 PM »
Signature moves are for one trick ponies
Messiah(The O.G.)
The Blue Knights

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #3 on: October 10, 2010, 10:32:24 PM »
Signature moves are for one trick ponies
:headscratch:
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2010, 10:36:56 PM »
i love a vertical stall in a P38, full flaps until it hangs in the air for a second then cut throttles and the nose just drops straight down while raising flaps, if its done right ( he started his vertical with less energy/speed) you'll be dead 6 on him, like i said its something you want to do when you know you have a energy/speed advantage
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2010, 10:39:26 PM »
so this is signature moves? a couple of mine.....i fly the pee38 pretty much exclusevily in the main arenas, and as much as i can in the ava(according to when it's on the roster). below are a couple of my signature moves.

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 10:43:47 PM »
Flying with a captured Japanese gunsight, I see. ;)
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2010, 10:49:24 PM »
Flying with a captured Japanese gunsight, I see. ;)

dam! let the cat outta the bag!

ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #8 on: October 10, 2010, 10:52:22 PM »
I wouldn't call this SIGNATURE as it's just general energy/BnZ tactics, but as opposed to dumped flaps stallfighting this is one of my preferred methods for flying the Corsair, particularly in large or multi-vs. fights where giving up airspeed for flaps is generally inadvisable:

I also like doing a variation of this after an initial front-quarter merge if the opponent stays level to reverse (surprising how often that actually happens, too): Go vertical, pick up the target and roll back down on him with a good bit of inside rudder to haul the nose around.
Ron White says you can't fix stupid. I beg to differ. Stupid will usually sort itself out, it's just a matter of making sure you're not close enough to become collateral damage.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 10, 2010, 10:55:35 PM »
Any p47 variant...I like doing the lepape move and demonstrates in his videos! :joystick:
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2010, 10:55:52 PM »
I wouldn't call this SIGNATURE as it's just general energy/BnZ tactics, but as opposed to dumped flaps stallfighting this is one of my preferred methods for flying the Corsair, particularly in large or multi-vs. fights where giving up airspeed for flaps is generally inadvisable:

(Image removed from quote.)

I also like doing a variation of this after an initial front-quarter merge if the opponent stays level to reverse (surprising how often that actually happens, too): Go vertical, pick up the target and roll back down on him with a good bit of inside rudder to haul the nose around.
that doesn't look very bnz'ish to me........looks like a pretty smart way to turn.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Pigslilspaz

• Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2010, 11:01:18 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

always done this in my 109, also a lot of barrelrolling/snaprolls.

Quote from: Superfly
The rules are simple: Don't be a dick.
Quote from: hitech
It was skuzzy's <----- fault.
Quote from: Pyro
We just witnessed a miracle and I want you to @#$%^& acknowledge it!

Offline kilo2

• Gold Member
« Reply #12 on: October 10, 2010, 11:14:16 PM »
152-h1 and I like to force the overshoot with a roll or set up a nice rope.  :D
X.O. Kommando Nowotny
FlyKommando.com

"Never abandon the possibility of attack."

Offline Saxman

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #13 on: October 10, 2010, 11:14:48 PM »
that doesn't look very bnz'ish to me........looks like a pretty smart way to turn.......

BnZ isn't just hitting and running to 4k before turning around for another pass.

Offline Slash27

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: October 10, 2010, 11:17:15 PM »
Ki-84

La-7

P-38L

P-51D

I embrace the fact I'm a late war dweeb and need these rides to make up for lack of skill. :aok