Author Topic: internet help  (Read 916 times)

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
Re: internet help
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2010, 04:21:18 AM »
Open your web browser and access 192.168.1.1... Login will be User name (leave it blank) and password "admin". If that gets you into the router setup then click on the header where it says "Wireless" and then select "Wireless MAC Filter." Make sure MAC Filter is ENABLED and that the Restriction Type is set to PERMIT and then add your MAC address as the MAC 1 under MAC Address Filter List.

At the bottom of the page click "Save Settings" and it will take about 30 seconds for the router to reboot (if it has to).

You should then be able to access the web.

If this doesnt help then you will need the Router Setup manual for the specific router.

To find your MAC Address use the "ipconfig /all" command and it will be listed as "Physical Address."

EDIT: CHANGE THE PASSWORD!
Within wireless range of my house there are still three routers that I can access because they are still on default settings.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 04:34:39 AM by Chalenge »
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2010, 07:36:34 AM »
Plus, if you can get onto the wireless router, and your using a wireless connection - encrypt it, but please do not use wep (its cack). Use wpa2/wpa-psk. If you use psk, you can specify your own password etc. Much better than wep, but can still be broken eventually.

Wurz
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2010, 07:59:27 AM »
so your IP is 192.168.1.10 submask 255.255.255.0

whats the gateway and DNS.

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: October 23, 2010, 03:07:54 PM »
Usually you would point at the router as the Gateway and DNS server but as far as the DNS server goes you should also use something like OpenDNS. I would go ahead and set yourself up with a static IP address if you are using the system for AH and then you can also use port range forwarding for aceshigh.exe of both TCP and UDP. I think the range for AH is ports 2000-6000 but you can double check in the stickies at the top of this forum. If you do that you are less likely to lose connection but wireless is not the way to go if you want to stay connected.
If you like the Sick Puppy Custom Sound Pack the please consider contributing for future updates by sending a months dues to Hitech Creations for account "Chalenge." Every little bit helps.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2010, 03:58:57 PM »
I did pretty much everything suggested so far, Challenge I tried to get into 192.168.1.1. it asks for a user name and password, no matter what i put in it wont let me in.           when i do the ipconfig it lists an ethernet adapter, no wireless, but my ethernet is turned off.......seriously guys thanks for the help

Offline Chalenge

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #20 on: October 23, 2010, 04:12:11 PM »
Username should be left blank and the password should be admin (IF its a Linksys unless its been changed already). It would be alot easier with the model number of the router too.

Your wireless could have the MAC address listed right on it with a sticker or something.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: October 23, 2010, 07:52:22 PM »
Guy came over today his router craped out   :furious

Offline gpwurzel

• Gold Member
« Reply #22 on: October 24, 2010, 12:16:56 AM »
Sorry to hear that Ink, have to be honest tho, it made me chuckle.

Hope to see ya back in the air soon fella.

Wurzel
I'm the worst pilot ingame ya know!!!

It's all unrealistic crap requested by people who want pie in the sky actions performed without an understanding of how things work and who can't grasp reality.

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: October 24, 2010, 12:30:02 AM »
ya me to wurz.....all that for nothing....no matter what i did it wasnt gonna get fixed....lol