Author Topic: GV ejectors  (Read 2311 times)

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
GV ejectors
« on: October 26, 2010, 06:42:50 PM »
So i see this happening alot lately when im dive bombing tanks, which i love to do. Ive had it happen to me a few times where i would drop a bomb and look back at the target and before the bomb would hit the tank the player would eject from the tank, causing me be frustrated of what i just saw.  :furious Yes you can call this complaining or whining and you can flame this thread all you like (because i know you will), but this can't be happening just to me. i know this happens to other people. Id like to know why people are afraid of getting a bomb dropped on them, all they can do after getting killed is up again and drive another 300 yards to the same position. btw the tanks i dropped on were not even perked vehicles, i could understand then, but on a base where can you drive back to your same position it is ridiculous and also annoying.

thanks for listening, RedTail

RedTail

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
Re: GV ejectors
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2010, 06:46:51 PM »
Might be a nice addition to make it so tankers sitting on pavement must wait 10 seconds from when they .ef and to when they exit.  It would really make it difficult to end the flight based on the noise of dropping bombs and really isn't that long to wait.

Offline TwinBoom

• Gold Member
      • 39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2010, 06:59:15 PM »
Might be a nice addition to make it so tankers sitting on pavement must wait 10 seconds from when they .ef and to when they exit.  It would really make it difficult to end the flight based on the noise of dropping bombs and really isn't that long to wait.
:aok
TBs Sounds 
39th FS "Cobra In The Clouds"NOSEART

Offline Meatwad

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #3 on: October 26, 2010, 07:03:51 PM »
Thats fine as long as aircraft also have to sit on the tarmac for 10 seconds after they .ef
See Rule 19- Do not place sausage on pizza.
I am No-Sausage-On-Pizza-Wad.
Das Funkillah - I kill hangers, therefore I am a funkiller. Coming to a vulchfest near you.
You cant tie a loop around 400000 lbs of locomotive using a 2 foot rope - Drediock on fat women

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #4 on: October 26, 2010, 07:10:09 PM »
Thats fine as long as aircraft also have to sit on the tarmac for 10 seconds after they .ef

Fine by me.  Shouldn't be able to just .ef and Matrix off to the tower anyways.

Offline DERK13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #5 on: October 26, 2010, 08:52:00 PM »
that sounds great grizz, if only HTC would read that idea

RedTail

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 26, 2010, 09:02:34 PM »
that sounds great grizz, if only HTC would read that idea

It's not a new one, and he has commented on it in the past... not favorably ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2010, 09:26:11 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

But But.... I'm the one.. I didn't even like the cookies!  :(

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2010, 09:41:27 PM »
So i see this happening alot lately when im dive bombing tanks, which i love to do. Ive had it happen to me a few times where i would drop a bomb and look back at the target and before the bomb would hit the tank the player would eject from the tank, causing me be frustrated of what i just saw.  :furious Yes you can call this complaining or whining and you can flame this thread all you like (because i know you will), but this can't be happening just to me. i know this happens to other people. Id like to know why people are afraid of getting a bomb dropped on them, all they can do after getting killed is up again and drive another 300 yards to the same position. btw the tanks i dropped on were not even perked vehicles, i could understand then, but on a base where can you drive back to your same position it is ridiculous and also annoying.

thanks for listening, RedTail

Why give you the pleasure of bomb tarding when the tank driver can just tower out? If I can tower out when on concrete and deny the pilot the kill, I will do it every time... I do not think it is a matter of being afraid of getting a bomb dropped on them like you wrote. It is a matter of why give the bomb**** a free kill?

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: October 26, 2010, 09:46:21 PM »
I rarely do this.  I just suck it up and either try to move fast or hope the attacker drops too wide or too low.

Bailing from a tank is the same to me as someone who bails from their LANCs the moment they are done dropping bombs.  It cheapens the entire experience.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #10 on: October 26, 2010, 09:47:33 PM »
Why give you the pleasure of bomb tarding when the tank driver can just tower out? If I can tower out when on concrete and deny the pilot the kill, I will do it every time... I do not think it is a matter of being afraid of getting a bomb dropped on them like you wrote. It is a matter of why give the bomber a free kill?

Not surprised at the comments coming from the vDevils, what one squadron must do to make up for their collective lack of skill.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 26, 2010, 10:00:21 PM »
I rarely do this.  I just suck it up and either try to move fast or hope the attacker drops too wide or too low.

Bailing from a tank is the same to me as someone who bails from their LANCs the moment they are done dropping bombs.  It cheapens the entire experience.

I never bail out of my bombers just, but I even had a .ef makro programmed to my joystick for use in tanks  ;)
Maybe this has to do with some subtle differences in gameplay.

Lets take OZkansas. There are those two nice Vbases in the southwest, V135/V136, spawning towards each other, so that no side has a genuine spawn camping advantage. One of the best places for a tank battle.
But inevitably the jabos show up, especially after the southern country moved it's CV close. From then on it's a constant rain of bombs on that battle, without risk and without any intention beyond simply getting kills on helpless victims. When I'm there and hear a bomb falling, I bug out. Without any regret and without shame. The last ones going ballistic about this were tripl5 and his cowfriends, which used to get hundred of "atttack mode" kills that way.

Now I'm not saying "thou shall not bomb tanks"... but don't expect me to be a booster for your score if I can help it ;)

« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 10:02:06 PM by Lusche »
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline RealDeal

• Copper Member
« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2010, 10:42:34 PM »

(Image removed from quote.)

Great idea, think of all the prairie doggers upping from capped bases you'd finially be able to get. :O
~BParker~
SHADE

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2010, 10:55:22 PM »
Not surprised at the comments coming from the vDevils, what one squadron must do to make up for their collective lack of skill.

ack-ack
I wouldn't expect less from the #1 Bulletin Board Tool in Aces High! Thanks again for another waste of hard drive space Ack-Ack... :salute
« Last Edit: October 26, 2010, 11:11:22 PM by sky25 »

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2010, 11:21:52 PM »

you suck.

how dare you put up an idea that i can't disagree with??   :aok :neener:
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)