Author Topic: introducing....  (Read 1818 times)

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
Re: introducing....
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2010, 10:54:14 AM »
I am an alt-monkey hunter.  I regularly fly right on up to their alt and hunt them relentlessly.  If they stay they die, if they run then they are someone else's problem.  It is not unusual at all to get into a good dogfight at 22k or above an fight it out all the way to the deck.  Had a great one last night.  Me and a squaddie (Spit 8 & Pony D respectively) vs. 2 P47M's.  We engaged the jugs at 23,000 feet and the fight went from there down to scraping wavetops.  Both jugs went down in flames!!!  Total fight time was over 8 minutes from start to resolution.  You can't beat that! So my advice is simple: If you got alt, use it or you will lose it.  If you are too lazy to fly on up there and get them, then there is no room for whining.
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2010, 10:54:35 AM »
I would fly into a 10v1 any day if I knew they wouldnt run away from me, happened in the DA last night pretty late too, was on the deck, I spoted 3 cons, two temps and an F4U, first temp dove turned once, when I went to turn with him, second temp came screaming in and took my horizontal stab, I then shot at the first temp, missed, he ran, meanwhile temp #2 is in his zoom climb and F4U is diving in, I reverse the F4U take his wing, and after that while the temp was diving on me he just broke off and went home with no kills this has happened to me in the MA before, and I just cant figure out why people are like this???

They value PRIDE more than SKILL I guess....who knows...if you would have questioned it on TXT, they would have said they were out of ammo! lmao

Changeup
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2010, 10:59:11 AM »
 If you are too lazy to fly on up there and get them, then there is no room for whining.

Or, option 3....learn to like being below them and watch them flail miserably at you, pass after pass after pass...then kill them when they've been milked out.  Everyone loves alt...this thread is about fighting when you don't have any left and there are no green guys to push or tow you back up.

Changeup

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2010, 11:03:34 AM »
Or, option 3....learn to like being below them and watch them flail miserably at you, pass after pass after pass...then kill them when they've been milked out.  Everyone loves alt...this thread is about fighting when you don't have any left and there are no green guys to push or tow you back up.

Changeup

That's why I value you Changeup.  You the anvil to the hammer baby!  All I have to do is keeping pushing them down into the garbage disposal.  OINK

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2010, 11:09:00 AM »
That's why I value you Changeup.  You the anvil to the hammer baby!  All I have to do is keeping pushing them down into the garbage disposal.  OINK

:rofl :rock

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2010, 11:24:26 AM »
again, cons above me, I dont consider a problem, its when they stay up there as opposed to fighting is what I find annoying
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2010, 11:38:50 AM »
again, cons above me, I dont consider a problem, its when they stay up there as opposed to fighting is what I find annoying

I hear you Imowface.  I have become a devout Grizzologist in my way of approaching the game.  It's their 15 bucks, so if they want to spend their time high alt sightseeing and not engaging decisively, then so be it.  Who am I to tell them how to play the game?  So I go get them, because it's my 15 bucks, and my idea of fun is shooting red guys.

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #22 on: November 03, 2010, 11:50:53 AM »
that is when you come in from a diff base atleast get coalt with them and clean them up done it many times mowface  :salute i find fighting at higher altitudes is a challenge especially when fighting 4-5 guys at once  :rock
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #23 on: November 03, 2010, 11:54:59 AM »
that is when you come in from a diff base atleast get coalt with them and clean them up done it many times mowface  :salute i find fighting at higher altitudes is a challenge especially when fighting 4-5 guys at once  :rock
Yes, challenging, bit yet still annoying and expsecially when they HO!
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline DrBone1

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 03, 2010, 12:00:37 PM »
Yes, challenging, bit yet still annoying and expsecially when they HO!
always expect them to Ho I think most are looking at MA like its the new DA dont expect to get a 1v1 every time you up its not going to happen some of ya need to just deal with it. I find it really funny that most whine about no fights but infact are the ones who run home to land 2 kills i find no prob in getting my kills if they be high, low  doesnt matter the more cons the more you learn what not to do .Yes at times it can be upsetting but thats when you are taking AH to serious trust me i know  :D
=The Damned=
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n6jjnCoBobc
I see DrBone has found a new Sith apprentice. Good, good, let the hate flow through you.  :devil
Move up, move over, or move aside.  Simple kombat 101.

Offline Wiley

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #25 on: November 03, 2010, 12:19:56 PM »
...But by hunting the alt-monkeys at alt...  Are you not becoming alt-monkeys yourselves?

I can remember some squaddies that decided to get over top of a bunch of people who were flying around at 25k and waiting to pick the furball below.  They came in over 30k and attacked.  After they shot some of them down and drove the rest off, the whining began about them being picking alt-monkeys...  At what alt do you lose the right to complain about someone being an alt monkey if they're above you?  My vote is for around 15k or so. <g>

Wiley.
If you think you are having a 1v1 in the Main Arena, your SA has failed you.

JG11

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #26 on: November 03, 2010, 12:25:23 PM »
I hereby introduce S.P.A.L.T.

Sane Pilots Against Lala Tards  :P
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
« Reply #27 on: November 03, 2010, 12:26:25 PM »
when this problem was first starting a year r two ago, i had some fun spotting the alt monkeys, but staying just out of their icon range. i'd watch em for a few minutes, and see their patterns.
 then one time that they came back up to relative safety, they were met with my guns.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #28 on: November 03, 2010, 12:28:45 PM »
I would fly into a 10v1 any day if I knew they wouldnt run away from me, happened in the DA last night pretty late too, was on the deck, I spoted 3 cons, two temps and an F4U, first temp dove turned once, when I went to turn with him, second temp came screaming in and took my horizontal stab, I then shot at the first temp, missed, he ran, meanwhile temp #2 is in his zoom climb and F4U is diving in, I reverse the F4U take his wing, and after that while the temp was diving on me he just broke off and went home with no kills this has happened to me in the MA before, and I just cant figure out why people are like this???

You make it sound like this is a recent phenomena when this has been happening since online flight sims were created.  When I started AW many years ago and it cost me at time $12 an hour to play on Genie, you'd still see eunichs flying high avoiding fights unless they could safely dive in and pick.  No matter how PvP centric a game is, there will always be eunichs that play too.  Maybe they think by playing a PvP centric game they can somehow find their lost balls but we all know once a eunich snips off the old boys, they're never gonna grow back.

It is frustrating, like the other night I got bounced by this high P-51 but he wasn't good enough and kept on making his dives too fast, after the 4th or so pass, I was able to eat way at his altitude advantage and kind of made things co-alt but he still had an energy advantage and he kept running, I would turn my back and he'd get brave and turn to re-engage but as soon as I would turn around, he'd turn the opposite way and run.  Not once did SixO try and fight, he only wanted to engage if there was absolutely no chance of him getting shot down, this kept up for over 30 minutes until I finally ran out of fuel and my engine quit so I augered as SixO kept running.  What was really funny though is as I was augering, here comes SixO diving in to try and get the proxy.  Got him to admit that he will never engage any fight in a 1v1 situation unless he can engage without any risk of the other guy engaging him, othewise he only targets planes that are already fighting someone else because there is no risk to him.  This to me is pathetic but it's how the eunichs play and it's been going on for over 20 years.

ack-ack
« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 12:30:56 PM by Ack-Ack »
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 03, 2010, 12:30:45 PM »
I hereby introduce S.P.A.L.T.

Sane Pilots Against Lala Tards  :P

well I counter introduce your introduction with the introduction of LA.M.E
LA .Masters and .Enthusiasts

:D
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...