Author Topic: GV Complaint Dept.  (Read 1447 times)

Offline bmwgs

• Silver Member
Re: GV Complaint Dept.
« Reply #15 on: November 05, 2010, 11:02:00 AM »
it amazes me the "through the hills" shots he does or through the trees. and seems from 2000-3000 yards he doesnt miss always one shot one kill,

Through the hill and tree shots can be decieving.  I have many of times been able to lob a round over the top of a hill to get a kill.  I have also been able to range shots that actually go under a tree where I was able to get hits that resulted in a kill.  I have also been on the receiving end of those shots.  Your film may show the shot going through the hill or trees, but if you were able to view the shooters film you would see a different perspective.

Fred
One of the serious problems in planning the fight against American doctrine, is that the Americans do not read their manuals, nor do they feel any obligation to follow their doctrine... - From a Soviet Junior Lt's Notebook

Offline Ironic

• Zinc Member
« Reply #16 on: November 05, 2010, 11:32:06 AM »
  DR7 is just that good at rangeing a tank. If I miss low or high he doesn't give you a second shot. He also makes the most of the terrain using hills and angles to his advantage as we spawn and roll into his sights. I hit him three times with a T-34 in different spotsand saw good large hit sprites on his M-4 76(w) turret and front. Of course again I was the loser.
   I don't think anyone is cheating just think the damage model needs work when several AP rounds have no effect whatsoever.

Not saying that you didn't hit him, but has anyone else experienced the invisible tree or hill? I have several times, you think your hitting the vehicle when you are actually hitting a hill or tree that for some reason does not show up (even in ground view). That is very frustrating.
I had a psychic girlfiend once .. but she left me before we met.

Offline Scca

• Gold Member
« Reply #17 on: November 05, 2010, 11:32:28 AM »
honestly i just need to figure out DR. 7's one hit wonder code and be done with it
I can tell you the secret Columbus... Die more....  

DR7 had 811 sorties last tour, and died more times than your kills and deaths combined in GV's.  He also spent more time in a GV in that tour, than you did in all aspects of the game.  

Not knocking you at all, but DR7 plays a lot, dies a lot, and has been doing it for years...  He has not a care about score, just playing.  I only WISH I had the kind of time DR has to play.  

<S>
Flying as AkMeathd - CO Arabian Knights
Working on my bbs cred one post at a time

http://www.arabian-knights.org

Offline 68ZooM

• Platinum Member
« Reply #18 on: November 05, 2010, 11:53:25 AM »
my biggest complaint is the trees and shrubs, when a enemy tank parks himself in a grove of trees and positioned just right, sits there shooting and killing tanks and when you shoot at him the AP (armor piercing) round hits a tree, leaf, stick, shrubs it explodes like a HE round, I'm sorry but a AP round is going to go thru what i mention except when hitting a tree, maybe knocking it over or turning it into splinters lol
UrSelf...Pigs On The Wing...Retired

Was me, I bumped a power cord. HiTEch

Offline Dawger

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 05, 2010, 12:01:01 PM »
I hate GV's.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #20 on: November 05, 2010, 12:31:02 PM »
  We need something to deforest those pesky trees.

I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #21 on: November 05, 2010, 01:38:21 PM »
So?  What were you in?  A T34/76 can hit a Tiger 100 times, won't change the fact that the Tiger will live. 

5 hits on a tiger 800 yards out nothing. from the side and the the treads
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #22 on: November 05, 2010, 05:15:17 PM »
So?  What were you in?  A T34/76 can hit a Tiger 100 times, won't change the fact that the Tiger will live. 

i was in a panzer. at 800 yards 2 of my shot at the tracks should have easily taken it out.

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #23 on: November 05, 2010, 05:19:29 PM »
Now that is more interesting......... AP right?

i was in a panzer. at 800 yards 2 of my shot at the tracks should have easily taken it out.
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #24 on: November 05, 2010, 05:21:18 PM »
yes AP,

Offline Belial

• Silver Member
« Reply #25 on: November 05, 2010, 05:58:16 PM »
Someone like DR7 knows to park his tank diagonal to you...this adds more angles= more bounces.....think of it like the t34's sloped armor.

And any good sherman driver knows the most vulnerable spot is the (chin) looking at the front armor the lowest point just above the ground.
PaRKINg behind a berm not only covers your vulnerable (chin) but also makes you a smaller target.

http://bbs.hitechcreations.com/smf/index.php/topic,269006.0.html

A link to where exactly to aim...accuracy is everything
3 shot rule---if you miss 3 times MOVE and find cover.

Offline StokesAk

• Gold Member
« Reply #26 on: November 05, 2010, 06:18:26 PM »
Probably location of hit and angle.

Agreed, there is a new feature as of a few months ago where you can view the armor penetration and round velocity of the tank. Access like you would the speed or climb chart of a plane.
Strokes

Offline bustr

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #27 on: November 05, 2010, 07:20:59 PM »
I don't have the best of connections.

But, when I upped a Tiger about a month ago and shot at a panzer it took 3 hits to destroy it at 2000 yards. Everytime I use a 17lb it takes only a single hit at any range, my longest being 4000+. I have killed tigers, fireflys whatever the round hits. I kill tanks with the 40mm soft guns ot to 4000 yards.

1. What tank gun is the 17lb equal to?
2. Why from a stationairy 17lb gun do I get one shot kills?
3. Why from a GV does it take so many shots to kill GV's?
4. Are we seeing individual "rubber" rounds due to the same problems that create rubber bullets even though we see hit sprites?

If the current damage model in it's increased granularity is intollerant of the problems that plauge our PC's and connections such that we are not delivering data in the amounts it needs to record definiative damage.

Would it be a fair request to ask it be dialed back to a less fussy appatite?
bustr - POTW 1st Wing

This is like the old joke that voters are harsher to their beer brewer if he has an outage, than their politicians after raising their taxes. Death and taxes are certain but, fun and sex is only now.

Offline redcatcherb412

• Nickel Member
« Reply #28 on: November 06, 2010, 01:39:38 PM »

Always take HE to track a GV. A tiger or t34 will track in 1 or 2 HE hits, then ya put an AP thru the top hatch.
Ground Pounders ...

Offline AirFlyer

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 06, 2010, 01:44:28 PM »
Didn't read through most of the posts but the way I see it, inconsistency is a good thing. Something so complex shouldn't come with definitive results and it actually adds to the realism.

That said, I've seen some very odd things happen as well, like M3s surviving rounds that I would be under the assumption would tear them in half.
Tours: Airflyer to 69 - 77 | Dustin57 92 - 100 | Spinnich 100 - ?
"You'll always get exactly what you deserve." Neil