Author Topic: Sir, We need to do a body scan..."No Thank You"  (Read 3367 times)

Offline Flipperk

• Silver Member
Sir, We need to do a body scan..."No Thank You"
« on: November 15, 2010, 04:40:53 PM »
http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_newsroom/20101114/tr_yblog_newsroom/san-diego-man-balks-at-scan

John Tyner, who was scheduled to fly from San Diego's Lindbergh Field to South Dakota for a hunting trip on Saturday, drew the line when he was asked to submit to either a full-body scan or a very personal pat-down....

Tyner refused, opting instead for the traditional metal body scan and a pat-down. When he was told that the TSA agent would have to conduct a kind of "groin check." Tyner balked, saying, "You touch my junk and I'm going to have you arrested."

a supervisor told Tyner that he wouldn't be allowed to travel unless he submitted to the check. Tyner opted to leave instead, getting a full refund for the ticket, but not before he was told that if he left the secured area he would be "subject to a civil suit and a $10,000 fine."

Tyner left anyway.

Yes!!  :aok
It is 2 Cents or .02 Dollars...NOT .02 Cents!

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
Re: Sir, We need to do a body scan..."No Thank You"
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2010, 05:07:11 PM »
With enough resistance they will be forced to act.  :aok
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline CHAPPY

• Silver Member
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2010, 05:17:59 PM »
I thought the young attractive women are the only ones that have to got thru the scanners. :headscratch:

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2010, 05:23:05 PM »
Someone sees you with no clothes on?  Big deal.  I saw those planes hit the towers, and I had 3 friends die when they fell.  I'm all for personal liberty but if you're too shy to be body-scanned then plan on driving everywhere.  Safety is a bit more important.
You are in a maze of twisty little passages, all alike.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2010, 05:23:19 PM »
So if they want to feel someone up they should have to pay them 10,000 if they have no contraband.

While I'm all for security... they have no idea how to do the basics that police did 60 years a go.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2010, 05:23:44 PM »
"Tyner opted to leave instead, getting a full refund for the ticket, but not before he was told that if he left the secured area he would be "subject to a civil suit and a $10,000 fine."

I don't get that part.  Why can't I leave the secured area when ever I please?  If I'm willing to go back thru security check to get back in, ok.  

What if I just change my mind and decide I don't want to board?  What if I don't like the looks of the plane or the flight crew?  

I must be missing something.  

Wab

Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2010, 05:29:04 PM »
Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety

- Benjamin Franklin

Honestly, if they wanna blow up a plane they will find a way to do it. They will get a job as a baggage handler, or just overcharge a laptop battery
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2010, 05:37:27 PM »
Safety is a bit more important.

You do know how X-Rays work right?
There must also be a flyable computer available for Nefarious to do FSO. So he doesn't keep talking about it for eight and a half hours on Friday night!

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2010, 05:47:19 PM »
You do know how X-Rays work right?

Not really...  But I wasn't talking about the health issues - this guy's problem seemed to be the privacy aspect.

I'm going to have to talk to my dentist too I guess.

Offline Nefarious

• Aces High CM Staff
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2010, 05:49:49 PM »
I'm going to have to talk to my dentist too I guess.

That's why you wear a lead skirt over your genitals, and they leave the room.

Offline shiv

• Silver Member
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2010, 05:55:48 PM »
Lol.

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2010, 06:22:53 PM »
Dentist: IMA FIRIN MA LAZORRR!!!
Patitent: You firing your? *ZAP* OH $@17, MY BALLS!

-Penguin

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2010, 06:23:41 PM »
hmmmm it'd be fun to start unbuttoning my pants while saying 'yall better stand back might get loose' :D

Now I appreciate the gentleman taking a stand but if some Airport Security Agent wants to scan me, so long as they got a barf bag handy, have at.
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline Tupac

• Platinum Member
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2010, 06:26:12 PM »
hmmmm it'd be fun to start unbuttoning my pants while saying 'yall better stand back might get loose' :D

Im going to do this next time I fly commercial, its genius!
"It was once believed that an infinite number of monkeys, typing on an infinite number of keyboards, would eventually reproduce the works of Shakespeare. However, with the advent of Internet messageboards we now know this is not the case."

Offline Motherland

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2010, 06:28:01 PM »
Never really understood the big deal about body scanners.
I mean, wiretapping, other stuff, sure, but air port security never really bugged me.