Author Topic: Sir, We need to do a body scan..."No Thank You"  (Read 3352 times)

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
Re: Sir, We need to do a body scan..."No Thank You"
« Reply #45 on: November 16, 2010, 06:43:48 PM »
why, are you worried you are gay?
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline guncrasher

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #46 on: November 16, 2010, 08:14:01 PM »
I dont mind being touched sexually by a stranger in a public place. But nobody's putting their hands on my gf or daughter.  I would rather drive.  Which i do anyway.

Semp
you dont want me to ho, dont point your plane at me.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #47 on: November 16, 2010, 09:05:31 PM »
the times change with technology and what was once a given truth is no longer completely true in today's world. the constitution was written in a vague and abstract manner so that it may be allowed to change in meaning with the change in time and circumstance. don't take every quote and speech given by our predecessors to be completely accurate and applicable in today's world.

I'm fairly certain the forefathers of this great country didn't intend for the populace to be seen naked before travel. Don't you consider it a complete lack of privacy? I can see it now from the forefathers perspective;

"I am sorry, but before you go from New York to Boston on the Post Road you must be visualized in a naked manner."

and

"I know you want to take the canal from Buffalo to Albany, but we have to make sure you aren't carrying too much gunpowder to possibly destroy the canal. Get naked or we will check every part of you with our hands."
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"
Retired AH Trainer (but still teach the P38 selectively)

I found an air leak in my inflatable sheep and plugged the hole! Honest!

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #48 on: November 16, 2010, 09:12:48 PM »
I'm fairly certain the forefathers of this great country didn't intend for the populace to be seen naked before travel. Don't you consider it a complete lack of privacy? I can see it now from the forefathers perspective;

"I am sorry, but before you go from New York to Boston on the Post Road you must be visualized in a naked manner."

and

"I know you want to take the canal from Buffalo to Albany, but we have to make sure you aren't carrying too much gunpowder to possibly destroy the canal. Get naked or we will check every part of you with our hands."

Del i expect more from you. at least a better thought out responce

your argument is not even an argument. show me a measure of how much gun powder, in tens of pounds, it would take to blow a hole in the side of a ship (the only mass transit of the day) and sink it......now show me how much of todays many types of home made explosives, in ounces is fine, it would take to bring an airliner down. they are not even close in measure.

the constitution and the bill of rights is written in a vague and abstract manner so that it can be molded and modified to fit the changing times.

FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: November 16, 2010, 09:15:54 PM »
show me a measure of how much gun powder, in tens of pounds, it would take to blow a hole in the side of a ship (the only mass transit of the day) and sink it

It was in jest, I thought that was fairly clear. 

Besides, they didn't use ships for the most part on the canal system, like the Erie. It was all donkey drawn skiffs during that time period.

edit: To tell the populace either to put up with the invasion of privacy or don't take that method of travel within our borders is against our ideals imho.

« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 09:19:26 PM by Delirium »
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #50 on: November 16, 2010, 09:18:23 PM »
It was in jest, I thought that was fairly clear. 

Besides, they didn't use ships for the most part on the canal system, like the Erie. It was all donkey drawn skiffs during that time period.

sorry if i was touchy, been a long argument. my appologies for missing your jest.

did they really use mule drawn skiffs back then? didnt know that. see you are as smart as i first believed.
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #51 on: November 16, 2010, 09:25:58 PM »
sorry if i was touchy, been a long argument. my appologies for missing your jest.

did they really use mule drawn skiffs back then? didnt know that. see you are as smart as i first believed.

They did... they used bigger boats but nothing was ever powered until much later. The biggest they got in the beginning was the size of a lake sized family boat drawn by horse teams.
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Online mechanic

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: November 16, 2010, 11:28:18 PM »
I dont want to get into the political and legal debate at all but I do find the vendetta against body searches a little paranoid. Vast majority of people who conduct the searches do so professionaly. Any breach of conduct you might suspect would be taken very seriously. Most of them are constantly concerned about inudcing lawsuits anyhow. It is a tough job, the honest ones deserve respect.
And I don't know much, but I do know this. With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.

Offline Delirium

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 17, 2010, 08:28:17 AM »
Deleted
Delirium
80th "Headhunters"

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #54 on: November 17, 2010, 09:04:48 AM »
Now just poll the folks who actually fly.

:aok exactly
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline CptTrips

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #55 on: November 17, 2010, 09:24:38 AM »

I guess my big problem is I feel its ineffective.

A suffciently "motivated" terrorist could hide a fair amount of plastic explosive in a body cavity.

Then what will be the next airport security check?

"Moooooooon Riiiiverrrrr...la de da de daaaa...."  Fletch

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline Tigger29

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: November 17, 2010, 09:51:14 AM »
NO MAN will EVER touch me there.....I would of rather walked across the country.
-BigBOBCH

Wow what a homophobic kind of thing to say.  No one is suggesting it is an act anyone would actually enjoy, but to make such a bold statement is ludicrous!  I'm going to assume that you only frequent female doctors then?  What difference does it really make if it's a male or female conducting these practices when they are done on a professional level?

You know, when I had a lump on my left testicle, I was HAPPY to let a man touch me 'there' (my doctor).  I was even happier to let a hot blonde woman doctor run an ultrasound on it!  But neither made me as happy as finding out it was nothing to worry about!

I was also more than HAPPY to let a man touch me 'there' when I found out that my prostate is normal.  His exact words were "If you think that YOU'RE uncomfortable, just imagine how I feel!"... then he added that I should be happy that he has small hands  :lol

But seriously.. I doubt any security guard/police/doctor ever actually 'gets off' to having to perform these kinds of searches/examinations.  It is simply a 'part of their job'.  Everybody's job has things that have to be done that no body enjoys doing...  You're simply trained to do it and move on.

Same goes with the XRAY images.  None of the 'founding fathers' ever suspected that technology would evolve to the point in which general means of transportation could be used as a weapon, or that it would be possible to see people naked without them actually stripping down.  You can question the effectiveness of this technology all day long but I personally have little worries about its use... as long as only fully trained individuals are allowed to use them, and that they are not allowed to save any images without hitting some kind of panic button which sets off an alarm.

Even so, it may be worrisome that some of these pictures leaked out but the real truth is that no one would ever be able to recognize you based on one of these images, and I firmly believe that as it is more widely used we'll actually see less of these pictures getting out.  Why?  Because no one will CARE!  So what.. your a scan of your WEEWEE got leaked out to the internet.. do you really think that your mother is going to recognize you based on one of those images?  What's the big deal?

Offline dedalos

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #57 on: November 17, 2010, 09:53:20 AM »
I guess my big problem is I feel its ineffective.

A suffciently "motivated" terrorist could hide a fair amount of plastic explosive in a body cavity.

Then what will be the next airport security check?

"Moooooooon Riiiiverrrrr...la de da de daaaa...."  Fletch

Wab

Exactly!  The only reason for these searches or the "security" measures is so that high school drop outs can have a job.  I mean, seriously? Even metal detectors don;t work.  We have plastic guns and ceramic blades.  :lol

Better idea would be to have an armed under cover cop in the plane and tazers for every member of the crew.  But OMG!  They could be terrorist too  :O
Quote from: 2bighorn on December 15, 2010 at 03:46:18 PM
Dedalos pretty much ruined DA.

Offline jd

• Nickel Member
« Reply #58 on: November 17, 2010, 10:28:19 AM »
TSA has NEVER stopped anyone from doing anything, quite the opposite actually, their worthless bags of skin making a paycheck. Why cant "WE The People" figure this out without government involvment. We're the ones flying, all the risk is on US. The gov. just doesnt want to LOOK bad. Meanwhile govt. surplus has a great deal on finger nail clippers they have confiscated. :mad:
Current: Slipstrm

Offline Somerled

• Copper Member
« Reply #59 on: November 17, 2010, 10:35:13 AM »