Author Topic: B-29 going to be perked?  (Read 2778 times)

Offline IronDog

• Nickel Member
B-29 going to be perked?
« on: November 19, 2010, 07:25:37 PM »
When the B-29 becomes available,I shouldn't think it will be a hangar queen.I'm thinking the sky will be filled with B-29's.Just a thought,and I wonder how they will handle the automatic turrets?They had to have a flight engineer to handle keeping the four engines running well.A very advanced airplane for it's day.
IronDog

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
Re: B-29 going to be perked?
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2010, 07:35:37 PM »
i'm sure it will be perked.. I'm guessing around 300 for a formation.

kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline JOACH1M

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2010, 07:40:41 PM »
i'm sure it will be perked.. I'm guessing around 300 for a formation.

around 100 perks ( depends in players on your side) and another 200 for drones I bet, and I think the turrets will be the way they are now
FEW ~ BK's ~ AoM
Focke Wulf Me / Last Of The GOATS 🐐
ToC 2013 & 2017 Champ
R.I.P My Brothers <3

Offline infowars

• Nickel Member
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2010, 07:46:17 PM »
I think you're gonna need some serious flight planning if you want to get high enough not to be attack by everyone...
SWneo <==== In game name. Cpt 125th Spartan Warriors.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2010, 08:22:18 PM »
Hopefully it will be set around the same perk cost as the ME 262.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline HighTone

• Silver Member
      • Squad Site
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2010, 08:32:14 PM »
Hopefully it will be set around the same perk cost as the ME 262.

ack-ack

I hope so...if not at least half of what the ME 262 usually is. Maybe 130-175 per plane.

LCA Special Events CO     LCA ~Tainan Kokutai~       
www.lcasquadron.org      Thanks for the Oscar HTC

Offline Ten60

• Copper Member
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2010, 08:45:35 PM »
Have they given an ETA for inclusion in the game?
"Maybe there are 5,000, maybe 10,000 Nazi bastards in their concrete foxholes before the Third Army. Now if Ike stops holding Monty's hand and gives me some supplies, I'll go through the Siegfried Line like %&# through a goose"

Offline Imowface

• Silver Member
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2010, 08:46:09 PM »
2 weeks
 :)
Ла-5 Пилот снова
NASA spent 12 million dollars to develop a pen that could work in space, Russia went to space with pencils...

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2010, 08:51:25 PM »
128 per
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline Bored123

• Zinc Member
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2010, 09:23:11 PM »
I dont think it should be perked as high as the 262. Im sure there are tons of people with tons of bomber perks, but once those perks disappear, its much harder to rack up bomber perks than it is to rack up fighter perks. You can jump in a fighter and rack up a 100 perks in a fairly short time, compared to the time it takes to rack up 100 bomber perks.

I know at first the MA will be filled with them, but anyone that takes one up is going to be an immediate target. Once things even out again i dont think they will be that big of a deal or seen THAT often, definetly not if the perk setting is in the 100s. I dont fly bombers all that often so i dont really care either way.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2010, 09:46:59 PM »
It will no doubt have a ridiculously stupid perk on it.

Its almost a waste of time and effort to bother putting it in the game.

Its really not that hot of a plane to deserve the inane perk amount that it will receive.

Its a really slow climbing bomber that they will perk so high, that after the "newness" wears off, it'll be as rare as the P-39.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2010, 09:49:44 PM »
50 perks, 100 perks, 100 perks... too much speculation at this point. How about we wait until it's actually here, sometime next year? ;)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline EskimoJoe

• Platinum Member
« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2010, 10:30:15 PM »
I dont think it should be perked as high as the 262. Im sure there are tons of people with tons of bomber perks, but once those perks disappear, its much harder to rack up bomber perks than it is to rack up fighter perks. You can jump in a fighter and rack up a 100 perks in a fairly short time, compared to the time it takes to rack up 100 bomber perks.

I know at first the MA will be filled with them, but anyone that takes one up is going to be an immediate target. Once things even out again i dont think they will be that big of a deal or seen THAT often, definetly not if the perk setting is in the 100s. I dont fly bombers all that often so i dont really care either way.

I believe this is purely a matter of personal opinion. Why would a bomber pilot rack up more perks in fighters than bombers, when they mostly fly bombers? It doesn't make sense. If you bomb all the time, bomber perks will be no issue. Same goes with fighter perks; if you're in a fighter all the time, you'll have a plethora of fighter perks.
Put a +1 on your geekness atribute  :aok

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2010, 08:49:33 AM »
Ever noticed that you get bomber perks for bombing, and fighter perks for flying fighters, and vehicle perks in vehicles? And for years the bomber pilots haven't had anything particularly useful to spend perks on so some of players have bomber perks in the 10's of thousands.

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline columbus

• Persona Non Grata
  • Nickel Member
« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2010, 09:40:11 AM »
half the players here probably have about 10,000+ bomber perks here so its not gonna matter.