Author Topic: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!  (Read 22191 times)

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
Re: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!
« Reply #150 on: November 22, 2010, 06:46:55 PM »
I feel this thread has gone no where but down the toilet. This thread taste like old sofa pizzia.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline uptown

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #151 on: November 22, 2010, 06:52:02 PM »
Personally i don't see how someone can't have fun in this game. there are so, so many ways to play that it never gets boring to me. I like the idea of things being more challenging. But I can tell you from experience that if your main goal in this game is to win the war...well you're in for a big disappointment.  The war will never be won, there will always be another base to take and someone will always shoot you down. The trick to this game is to find something that you enjoy and have fun doing..... and just do it.
Lighten up Francis

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #152 on: November 22, 2010, 07:27:29 PM »
Personally i don't see how someone can't have fun in this game. there are so, so many ways to play that it never gets boring to me. I like the idea of things being more challenging. But I can tell you from experience that if your main goal in this game is to win the war...well you're in for a big disappointment.  The war will never be won, there will always be another base to take and someone will always shoot you down. The trick to this game is to find something that you enjoy and have fun doing..... and just do it.

perfect.  :aok
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #153 on: November 22, 2010, 07:30:41 PM »

How dare you suggest doing something else that may even challenge someone, sorry but your way out of line.   ;)

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #154 on: November 22, 2010, 07:32:54 PM »
Just what we need. More words of wisdom from Ack-Ack.. Where would Aces High and this bulletin board be without you?

Oh look, another ankle humper.  Where would we be without our faithful ankle humpers?  Now go run along and be a good boy and wash up for dinner.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline jimson

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
      • The Axis vs Allies Arena
« Reply #155 on: November 22, 2010, 08:34:12 PM »
If it is currently too hard to win the war while before it was too easy to win the war, might it be a productive use of time to think of and suggest some adjustments that might shift it to a midpoint between those two extremes?

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #156 on: November 22, 2010, 08:47:31 PM »
It will take the collective some time to ramp up the required knowledge and skillz perhaps?
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Penguin

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
« Reply #157 on: November 22, 2010, 09:17:43 PM »
Oh look, another ankle humper.  Where would we be without our faithful ankle humpers?  Now go run along and be a good boy and wash up for dinner.

ack-ack

:neener:
Oh look, another sarcasm noncomprehendor.  Where would we be without our faithful literalists?  Now go run along and be a good cynic and not catch a joke.

-Penguin

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #158 on: November 22, 2010, 09:20:59 PM »
Hmmm

maybe it's time for some different method to win the war.. one which is not only based on captured ground alone...  :headscratch:

Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #159 on: November 22, 2010, 09:39:34 PM »
Hmmm

maybe it's time for some different method to win the war.. one which is not only based on captured ground alone...  :headscratch:

Oh No not you as well now.  :D

Offline Stang

• Platinum Member
« Reply #160 on: November 22, 2010, 10:10:29 PM »
Do any of the kids who whine about how tough the game is here also whine about how tough Call of Duty is?  Oh wait, bullets shoot like lazers there, deflection shooting doesn't exist, basically point and click...

I see...  Nevermind.

Offline The Fugitive

• Plutonium Member
      • Fugi's Aces Help
« Reply #161 on: November 22, 2010, 10:20:01 PM »
It is not that it is hard to "win the war", it's that they don't know how to do it. For so long the NOE with 25+ of your closest friends, or the general "horde attack" has been their bread and butter. Now with the town changes, and radar changes the is too much of a chance for someone to up and defend. In most cases this destroys an attack and totally discourages the attackers. They mope for a bit then try a base on the other side of the map.

Time to learn some new tactics, and to learn how to execute them

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #162 on: November 22, 2010, 10:26:46 PM »
It is not that it is hard to "win the war", it's that they don't know how to do it. For so long the NOE with 25+ of your closest friends, or the general "horde attack" has been their bread and butter. Now with the town changes, and radar changes the is too much of a chance for someone to up and defend. In most cases this destroys an attack and totally discourages the attackers. They mope for a bit then try a base on the other side of the map.

Time to learn some new tactics, and to learn how to execute them

Nah, it's impossible on a large map.

Offline stealth

• Silver Member
« Reply #163 on: November 23, 2010, 04:50:15 AM »

ack-ack
:lol :rofl :rofl :rofl It's funny, because it's true.
My Email is ACalex88@gmail.com if you want to contact me

"I shall fear no evil, for I am 80,000 feet and climbing"

Offline W7LPNRICK

• Gold Member
      • Ham Radio Antenna Experiments
« Reply #164 on: November 23, 2010, 04:53:53 AM »
I've been playing this game for about a year now and it has become a big part of my daily routine. For me, and as evidenced by the declining numbers may other players found the changes made to the game strategy brought out by the update in the town graphics and subsequent degree of difficulty in taking a base, I found the game to be frustrating instead of fun. The failure of the WW1 forums should have been enough evidence that to a good portion of the game is base capture and the winning of maps is as important if not more than what your overall rank is. With this latest change I can just see this a a typical scenario...  

(You come in and start playing a 1PM only to have the game change a 3PM just as you were about to get a base you had been working on for the last 2 hours, only to be told sorry gents we got to switch to the night arena you'll have to finish tomorrow, and don't forget to be there at 4am or the base you had sweatted your butt off to get will be back up.)

It's already bad enough that Titanic Tuesdays mean nothing more than score hoarding because taking a base means nothing.

AH, I'm pissed and I hate to say this but unless the games changes make the game fun to play then there is no point in playing the game.

Robert

Change your routine. start doing something on the game you don't or haven't done much, fly a plane you don't like enough to start liking it.  :salute
WildWzl
Ft Bragg Jump School-USAF Kunsan AB, Korea- Clark AB P.I.- Korat, Thailand-Tinker AFB Ok.- Mtn Home AFB Idaho
F-86's, F-4D, F-4G, F-5E Tiger II, C-130, UH-1N (Twin Engine Hueys) O-2's. E3A awacs, F-111, FB-111, EF-111,