Author Topic: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!  (Read 22150 times)

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
Re: NOT FUN ANY MORE!!!
« Reply #210 on: November 24, 2010, 08:45:03 AM »

Obviously Grizz and Lusche "Get It".

Many others.....not so much.

Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #211 on: November 24, 2010, 08:48:23 AM »
11/24/2010 @ 7:32am (Mountain Time)

Titanic Tuesday (War Win/All inclusive styles of play Arena): 118/850

Dueling Arena (Non-War Win, All Seeing, All Knowing, Simple Combat): 13/200

Word War One Arena (All Seeing, All Knowing, Simple Combat) 1/100

Which one demonstrates more depth & purpose & end-result of the fight, again?

Correction:  thndregg  "Gets It" too. 

:D,
Wab
Toxic, psychotic, self-aggrandizing drama queens simply aren't worth me spending my time on.

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #212 on: November 24, 2010, 08:49:50 AM »
No.  This is not the issue.  I don't understand why a smart guy like yourself can't wrap his head around it.  It's not about one base being taken with perfect tactics and coordination blah blah blah.  It's about the entire freakin war.  The setup is too difficult now to win the war in a reasonable amount of time, which is why a large map has not been even close to being reset since the latest town update, hence there is no underlying strategic goal.  The game is not balanced anymore.  Seriously, would you be happy if all the players left that enjoyed the win the war aspect of the game, cutting the player population in half?  That would be great wouldn't it, half the player base.  HTC would probably sell the damn game to EA and be done with it, and we all know what EA would do with it.  And all the furballers would wonder what went wrong and cry about how hordes, easy moders, and the xbox generation ruined the game when in reality it was their idiotic ignorance and intolerance.  Get a clue you people. 

/soapbox

Grizz is 100% correct. Best statement thus far...

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #213 on: November 24, 2010, 09:00:58 AM »
Where is AKAK with his "realistic" troll when you need it? :noid
:rofl
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #214 on: November 24, 2010, 09:28:37 AM »
I'm exhausted, so I'm going to wrap this up.  But yeah, my $0.02.
didnt feel like taking up space but wanted to get ya highlighted....GREAT post Sector. I Fully agree with what was said here. Not sure about the whole base point "goal" however, if you make the setup the way you stated then the current "must have X amount of bases per country" should indeed suffice seeming how there is an order to cap bases. It'd be cool however, say for instance the Rooks Raid the Bish on one lineup of bases...well if there are that many numbers offensively, who's to say the bish won't just go for another "row" of bases in the oppostie direction. It'd definitely make gameplay more fun none the less and far more intersesting/fun. I fully agree and sure would love to see this concept put into gameplay.  :aok

:salute SWkiljoy
125th Spartan Warriors
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #215 on: November 24, 2010, 09:37:13 AM »
Fish is an easy game all you need is cards.

Anyone else have some easy games to help this hand full of folks out for the instant gratification quest?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #216 on: November 24, 2010, 09:51:38 AM »
Fish is an easy game all you need is cards.

Anyone else have some easy games to help this hand full of folks out for the instant gratification quest?

Who here is on the instant gratification quest?
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline waystin2

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #217 on: November 24, 2010, 09:56:26 AM »
Grizz has hit the nail on the head.  It seems so simple to me really.  If folks do not care about captures or winning the war, they do not have to even if changes are implemented.  However to avoid subscriber loss (or baby seals, LOL) you have to make attainable goals for those folks who enjoy this aspect of the game.  For myself, I can and will participate in all the activities as it keeps me from getting bored.  Of course that's my $15 and not someone else's, who may choose to spend it in another way.

:salute

Way-Level 1 Grizzologist
CO for the Pigs On The Wing
& The nicest guy in Aces High!

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #218 on: November 24, 2010, 10:03:08 AM »
Now with Ports & GV bases leave them as is except for the manned ack guns. With those get rid of the auto ack option they default to when no one is in them so they don't start shooting at you when your back on base with your troops.

wait.. this doesn't happen, as far as I know.. manned guns don't start firing automatically if nobody's in 'em, they just sit there..
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #219 on: November 24, 2010, 10:04:00 AM »
You missed that I was quoting Guppy, not you?

Thought you were quoting guppy referring to me :)
2nd part of post was not intended to you obviously.  :aok

Offline CptTrips

• Platinum Member
« Reply #220 on: November 24, 2010, 10:12:35 AM »

Lusche,

Shuffler would fall in to the "...not so much" category.

:rolleyes:,
Wab

Offline lyric1

• Skinner Team
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #221 on: November 24, 2010, 10:14:17 AM »
wait.. this doesn't happen, as far as I know.. manned guns don't start firing automatically if nobody's in 'em, they just sit there..

On the few attempts I have made to de-ack bases in early war for a capture via aircraft & GV. The manned acks just shoot the random round not like it will when it is manned.

These attempts were done with no enemy opposition on line to see what a squad mate had told me about. After taking out auto acks the soft guns still keeps shooting even with no one on line. So far he seems to be correct from my couple of attempts.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2010, 10:20:10 AM by lyric1 »

Offline betty

• Gold Member
« Reply #222 on: November 24, 2010, 10:16:01 AM »
Make no mistake.  This is not a "Furballer" problem.  I hate that 'go to the DA' crap. 

This is about giving the win the war guys an easy enough time so they can feel some success cause apparently it's too hard and they want to take their ball and go home. 

Basically what it feels like with most of the complaints, not all, but most, is they want it to be quick,easy, and to involve as little effort and combat as possible so they can change the map and get their perk points and attaboys.

yeah....what he said!!!  :aok
~~~The Killuminati~~~                                                     

!!!!!POTIUS MORI QUAM FOEDARI!!!!

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #223 on: November 24, 2010, 10:17:50 AM »

The folks asking that the challenge of capturing a base be lowered to make it easier for them to get it. Without regard to making a fight of it.
It seems the fight is not so important to them as it is to get a base. Their gratification is in getting that base... not the fight for it.

The WAR as so many like to call it will ebb and flow no matter what terrain is up. You win some, you lose some.

Now one might suggest HT setup a base room for those that just want to capture to fullfill their desires. There would be no flack guns, no defences, nothing but a big fat bases fit for the taking. No need for different sides.... everyone can be on the same side. To keep from folks not being able to fly there because of their chess piece they could simply call the single side "The Winners".

The gratification would come firly quick and the war could be won while on their lunch hour.

That is a bit overboard but just how easy do they want it?
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #224 on: November 24, 2010, 10:20:00 AM »
this ww2 air combat game/mmo formula, in its most basic form, has been around nearly 20 years.  Long before the more complex MMO formulas.  There have been lots of tweaks over the years, Im sure lots more to come.  I dont think the AH forumla needs to follow WoW or some other such korean fantasy MMO.  HTC tried the ToD idea of role playing career based concept and dropped it eventually.  It is a dead horse.  I wonder if more people are fundamentally happy with the game then those posters here in this thread would seem to suggest.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns