Author Topic: Tool Bags  (Read 2503 times)

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
Re: Tool Bags
« Reply #15 on: November 22, 2010, 10:49:59 AM »
Tool Bags?  Is that what our maintenance folks call them things that they have covering five gallon buckets that have all them tools sticking out all over the place?

All the Best...

Jay
« Last Edit: November 22, 2010, 10:57:14 AM by doc1kelley »
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline doc1kelley

• Silver Member
« Reply #16 on: November 22, 2010, 10:52:26 AM »
Maybe I'm getting senile but what I just cannot reconcile how two players (DirtDart and SESeph), who have both been honorable in all my encounters with both over years and have never heard either of them berate others online in the game, can be so downright rude to each other.  I'm at a loss here, although I must admit for the record that I haven't monitored channel 200 since tour 24.  Maybe I've missed something by not monitoring the BS on that Gawd Forsaken channel but this just doesn't seem right.  I have to admit that no matter what action HTC commits to the game, some folks are gonna be miffed about it as ya just can't please everybody.  I sincerely hope that HTC doesn't take any of this BS to heart and continues to make attempts to improve gameplay but the community is not what the "Flight Sim/Combat Sim" used to be 10-15 years ago.  It's the age of the "First person shooter", we just gotta accept it and work around it and us "older than dirt farts" will need to continue to display the old honor of the old community and hope others will follow.  Well I told ya that I must be getting senile or I wouldn't have responded to this in the first place.  :D

All the Best...

Jay
awDoc1
The Flying Circus Rocks! We're clowns of a different color!

Beer! helping ugly folks get laid!

Offline oakranger

• Plutonium Member
      • http://www.slybirds.com/
« Reply #17 on: November 22, 2010, 10:52:44 AM »
Quote from: dirtdart link=topic=300681.msg3852957#msg3852957 date=12904406  Players mock the attempt over something as benign as a spelling error. 

[/quote

A few people mock me for my spelling and grammar.  I don't take it personal at all, but rather laugh about it. 
Oaktree

56th Fighter group

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #18 on: November 22, 2010, 11:02:36 AM »
I have to admit that no matter what action HTC commits to the game, some folks are gonna be miffed about it as ya just can't please everybody.  I sincerely hope that HTC doesn't take any of this BS to heart and continues to make attempts to improve gameplay but the community is not what the "Flight Sim/Combat Sim" used to be 10-15 years ago.  It's the age of the "First person shooter", we just gotta accept it and work around it and us "older than dirt farts" will need to continue to display the old honor of the old community and hope others will follow. All the Best...

Jay

Spot on.  I hope HTC does not take it to heart either.  I started playing with AW years ago and have seen the quality of person, not the quality of pilot, degrade over the years. 

The "first person shooter kid" does not get the concepts of dignity, nor the way the real world works.  Cordially offering a well thought out solution (a la Lusche) vice the this sucks, I hate the game. 
If you are not GFC...you are wee!
Put on your boots boots boots...and parachutes..chutes...chutes.. .
Illigitimus non carborundum

Offline SEseph

• Silver Member
« Reply #19 on: November 22, 2010, 11:18:50 AM »
Maybe I'm getting senile but what I just cannot reconcile how two players (DirtDart and SESeph), who have both been honorable in all my encounters with both over years and have never heard either of them berate others online in the game, can be so downright rude to each other.  I'm at a loss here, although I must admit for the record that I haven't monitored channel 200 since tour 24.  Maybe I've missed something by not monitoring the BS on that Gawd Forsaken channel but this just doesn't seem right.  I have to admit that no matter what action HTC commits to the game, some folks are gonna be miffed about it as ya just can't please everybody.  I sincerely hope that HTC doesn't take any of this BS to heart and continues to make attempts to improve gameplay but the community is not what the "Flight Sim/Combat Sim" used to be 10-15 years ago.  It's the age of the "First person shooter", we just gotta accept it and work around it and us "older than dirt farts" will need to continue to display the old honor of the old community and hope others will follow.  Well I told ya that I must be getting senile or I wouldn't have responded to this in the first place.  :D

All the Best...

Jay

I don't hold grudges, so the next thread you might see me support, or defend DirtDart. It just happens to be this topic I disagree with him on. No need to take it personal. I doubt Dirt is. Now.. if he called me a squeaker.. well, then it's on! And I detuned 200 a couple of months ago myself. The forums can be like 200 though. You can read it and not reply, you can read it and only reply to certain things, you can reply to everything or you can ignore it completely. It's also like the Conventions. You hear people in game just spewing hate at one another, then you get em together and they are best friends talking about everything. Once back home, hate flies anew. It's MOSTLY a friendly rivalry, which is another reaosn not to hold grudges.
BOWL Axis CO 2014 BoB13 JG52 XO DSG2 Axis S. Cmdr 2012 WSDG Allied CO 2012 Multiple GL/XO Side/Section CO/XO since early '00s
If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it. W.C.Fields

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #20 on: November 22, 2010, 11:27:43 AM »
No grudges here either... Just extremely frustrated at threads that have some really good content in them, littered with juvenille comments, tainting them. 

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
« Reply #21 on: November 22, 2010, 11:39:20 AM »
Unfortunately it's the nature of online communication.  Even someone who is normally very friendly, can find themselves in a heated and aggressive debate on here.  That's when you have to step back and think how you would act in real life.  If you're getting mad during a BBS conversation, just think how funny it would look if you were face to face with this person in public yelling at them about the legitimacy of running to field ack. 

I'm sure some do it because they were harassed the same when they came on, and I can't say I'm completely innocent of throwing a jab here or there.  I have to agree with lead by example, if you see someone treating a new player poorly, treat the new player nicely.  Also, the "report to moderator" button is our way to police the system of poor behavior.

However, I see no problem with joking around either, even if it's over a misspelled word. 

I'm good at flight sims?
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Yeager

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #22 on: November 22, 2010, 11:40:45 AM »
My problem is with the community here in the BBs that sit back and let HTC take a beating. 
HTC is without doubt one of the most capable and experienced MMO companies in the world today.
Those guys know what they are doing, and you can be rest assured they know whats going on with the community in the game and on the forums.   Most of the drivel on these boards, like the smack talkers in game, is merely an exercise in rhetorical flatulence.   Farting feels good you know, lets the pressure out, but it does stink the place up for a short while.
"If someone flips you the bird and you don't know it, does it still count?" - SLIMpkns

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #23 on: November 22, 2010, 11:42:47 AM »
Send them Scotch to numb the pain. :)
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #24 on: November 22, 2010, 12:18:00 PM »
I thought the spelling thread was rather insulting myself.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #25 on: November 22, 2010, 12:27:35 PM »
Send them Scotch to numb the pain. :)

hey leave my squaddie out of this!!!!!

he is the personal property and pain numer of the Muppet's!

keep your dirty paws off his silky draws!!!!!!!!!

but i did here there was a sale on sheep over in the POTW forum.....
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline groundfeeder

• Copper Member
« Reply #26 on: November 22, 2010, 12:33:20 PM »
Wow, SO don't say anything bad about the game ....dont say anything about the people.....dont say anything about the creators....welcome to the peoples republic of aces high  :noid

Oh yeah, you said something about the people who say something about,,,,,,, hmmmmmmmm so where do u go from here

Offline grizz441

• Platinum Member
« Reply #27 on: November 22, 2010, 12:34:58 PM »
^fail

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #28 on: November 22, 2010, 12:39:23 PM »
hey leave my squaddie out of this!!!!!

he is the personal property and pain numer of the Muppet's!

keep your dirty paws off his silky draws!!!!!!!!!

but i did here there was a sale on sheep over in the POTW forum.....

:rofl

:neener:
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline dirtdart

• Silver Member
« Reply #29 on: November 22, 2010, 12:46:08 PM »
Wow, SO don't say anything bad about the game ....dont say anything about the people.....dont say anything about the creators....welcome to the peoples republic of aces high  :noid

Oh yeah, you said something about the people who say something about,,,,,,, hmmmmmmmm so where do u go from here

Say all you want, like an adult.  Have some substance and understand your topic and audience.