Author Topic: RADAR?  (Read 4081 times)

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
Re: RADAR?
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2010, 06:06:52 PM »
Forget it wasp....one Bish player must have called and complained. HTC has no intention of keeping the game more interesting, they want furballs, that it.

They wont have the common decency to post why they wish to upset a large portion of the community.

Bish want furballs..................... ..................u sooooooooooooo funny G.I............ :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline HawkerMKII

• Silver Member
Re: New Old Radar Settings
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2010, 06:11:46 PM »
Not to worry.....WW1 areans radar in LW soon........ :bolt:
8th of November 1965, 173RD Airborne <S>

Offline Tarstar

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2010, 08:17:46 PM »
Radar settings.. IMHO.. Are getting a bit ridiculous.. I'd like to ad that Wasp3, is a stand up guy.. A great friend and squad-mate and the seeing all the trashing is pretty lame.. Of course "respect", in any manner, is an unknown here for most..

I could personally care less about the actual settings but it seems that some of you guys want a big arrow in your cockpit that says "turn this way to enemy" ..

I think that having the ability to deceive the NME, whomever that may be, has been taken away and that's unfortunate.. But hey, just my opinion, this is still the best game around if you ask me..  :salute

Offline 321BAR

• Platinum Member
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2010, 09:00:21 PM »
yeah i can understand why people arent happy about the radar. i just never really had to deal with it. for me i wanted the darbar so id get a fight going
I am in need of a new epic quote
Happy Jack's Go Buggy

Offline fbabob

• Zinc Member
« Reply #49 on: November 25, 2010, 08:04:01 PM »
It has always been my understanding, thats the object of the game, is to win the map! BY TAKING THE MAJORITY OF THE OTHER COUNTRIES BASES!!??? Now please correct me if am wrong? In my opinion lowering the Radar to such a low lvl, does not stay with in the realm of the realism of the advertised game play? Now if u wanna go into history there has always been the sneak attack.  in war and game play!!    (chess comes to mind)

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #50 on: November 25, 2010, 09:26:19 PM »
It has always been my understanding, thats the object of the game, is to win the map! BY TAKING THE MAJORITY OF THE OTHER COUNTRIES BASES!!??? Now please correct me if am wrong?

You are wrong.   :D

The object of the game is to engage in combat with other humans, using WWII equipment.  Base captures are but one mechanism to get fights started.  The radar settings were changed to make it easier to find those fights...since too many people were sneaking under the radar to avoid combat.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #51 on: November 26, 2010, 09:46:39 AM »
You are wrong.   :D

The object of the game is to engage in combat with other humans, using WWII equipment.  Base captures are but one mechanism to get fights started.  The radar settings were changed to make it easier to find those fights...since too many people were sneaking under the radar to avoid combat.

More people "hide" from combat waaaaay above the radar, than ever did under it.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #52 on: November 26, 2010, 10:03:51 AM »
More people "hide" from combat waaaaay above the radar, than ever did under it.

True, but at least you knew where they were.  Sneaking under the radar with their little horde allowed them to get real close to their target, giving potential defenders little time to fight.  By the time defenders showed up, troops were probably already running.

Staying high and out of reach or low and undetected until to late - just to avoid combat - are both lame in a combat game.
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline LCADolby

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 27, 2010, 07:18:52 PM »
Current DAR system needs to be looked at and a compromise reached. These threads will grow and grow in number as the once silent pilots become more and more frustraited and sign up to the forums to vocalise thier concerns. Sadly these threads and their authors are trampled on by those that are unhappy that they can't form a group capable of base capturing and just want to furball and pad thier fighter rank.

For many players the stategy involved in base taking in the LW arena is what's kept them playing the game. New super low DARbar is trampling on thier fun. Whether it be undefended bases or not, many people like grouping together and going off on a mission to cap a base. Unlike the furballers there is no alterate Capping Arena to go to, to just squad up, have fun, bombing, jaboing and capping bases together, only a Dueling Arena.. There is a reward for winning the map after all, and without these pilots there's no free perkies towards your 262's when they win the map.

I'd suggest 50ft inside the base DAR ring and 200ft DARbar over the entire map. That way the strategists get a little bit of way in planning/setting missions and the furballers get thier nice juicy targets at the bases. Fun for all, and good compromise. Otherwise we are all set to see the current super alt super horde, and then no ones gameplay is safe.

I just hope they don't throw in the towel and give in on the game and discover girls, leaving this game as a furballing cess pool..
JG5 "Eismeer"
YouTube-20Dolby10
Twitch - Glendinho

Offline Ramon

• Copper Member
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2010, 01:32:53 PM »
That video is AWESOME!  Well done <S> :x

Offline kvuo75

• Gold Member
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2010, 01:39:06 PM »
I'd suggest 50ft inside the base DAR ring and 200ft DARbar over the entire map.

isn't that "worse" than it is now?

it's 65 ft inside the ring, and 500 ft dar bar, isn't it?
kvuo75

Kill the manned ack.

Offline SmokinLoon

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2010, 01:45:10 PM »
I think that 65ft is too low to be used as a universal setting. In no way shape or form other than gong straight across water is any form of NOE capable of being run like they ran in WWII and even then....  

I thought the 500ft for dar-bar and 65ft for dar-dot was a good mix.  It gave that more strategic importance to destroying the radar tower on the targeted base prior to an NOE mission.  

When HTC makes the changes to the radar setting I really wish they'd post a change log of some kind, maybe have it be in the arena message (like they've done on certain things).  

I really hope HTC tries to communicate a bit better as to WHY they are doing some of the things they are doing when it comes to arena settings.  So much of the time people start going off on tangents about those changes.  I'd be willing to bet that a small blurb about the *why*, those changes would go over much easier.
Proud grandson of the late Lt. Col. Darrell M. "Bud" Gray, USAF (ret.), B24D pilot, 5th BG/72nd BS. 28 combat missions within the "slot", PTO.

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2010, 04:07:36 PM »
I think that 65ft is too low to be used as a universal setting. In no way shape or form other than gong straight across water is any form of NOE capable of being run like they ran in WWII and even then....  

Incorrect.  NOE missions over land are still possible but it does take a steady hand and some skill to keep your plane below the 65ft limit.  After the radar change, I made a film of me flying a B-25H from one of my bases to an enemy V base a sector away.  I flew the entire route to the target NOE, having to be really careful in picking my route to minimize any pop ups to avoid obsticles.  Popped up to a couple of thousand feet when the target was in sight, took out the acks, radar, troops and dropped back down to below tree top level.  By this time the enemy had a fighter up above looking for me but I was able to avoid detection by keeping NOE all the way back again.

The reason why NOEs aren't popular anymore is that it's no longer just a matter of leveling out at 200ft and kicking in the auto-pilot to the target, now you have to actually fly by the seat of your pants and sadly, the majority of players lack basic flight maneuver skills to perform such a task.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #58 on: November 28, 2010, 04:34:05 PM »
base captures are what kept me in the game. I  :mad:HATE :mad: furballing. I don't mind a good dogfight but when there's one going on every time I up my plane it just makes me want to cut a midget and kill a small pony with the horn of a unicorn whose soul I have just taken part in devouring. :devil :x

And it seems that rule 4 doesn't apply to the forums like it's supposed to. There seems to be a liberalistic disease of flamers who decide it's cool to crush anyone who has an opinion that might be different from theirs in the slightest....damn nazi pilots lol :airplane:

Anyway, back when taking bases was a cool thing to do, I would play for 5+ hours when I had off. Now, home in a cast with shrapnel in places I didn't even know could get shrapnel, I can't stand to play but about 1.5 hours before getting completely fed up with the gang raping because the rooks and nits wanna hug and kiss. Aw that rhymed...that's cute -_-
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #59 on: November 28, 2010, 06:02:02 PM »
Incorrect.  NOE missions over land are still possible but it does take a steady hand and some skill to keep your plane below the 65ft limit.  After the radar change, I made a film of me flying a B-25H from one of my bases to an enemy V base a sector away.  I flew the entire route to the target NOE, having to be really careful in picking my route to minimize any pop ups to avoid obsticles.  Popped up to a couple of thousand feet when the target was in sight, took out the acks, radar, troops and dropped back down to below tree top level.  By this time the enemy had a fighter up above looking for me but I was able to avoid detection by keeping NOE all the way back again.

The reason why NOEs aren't popular anymore is that it's no longer just a matter of leveling out at 200ft and kicking in the auto-pilot to the target, now you have to actually fly by the seat of your pants and sadly, the majority of players lack basic flight maneuver skills to perform such a task.

ack-ack

ack,you are so wrong..THE ONLY time one can "KICK BACK" and hit AP is when going over water,thats it..PLENTY of NOE's happen over land,and one cannot just hit AP and kick back...

and you did this without using F3 mode??? if you did I want to see film...

It is NOT easy for the general playing crowd who may want to join with a group of people and get to have some banter along the way...