Author Topic: In a few short months here we are  (Read 3130 times)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
      • The Axis Vs Allies Arena
Re: In a few short months here we are
« Reply #45 on: November 24, 2010, 09:09:43 AM »
What's it matter, Cap?  Won't Shifty get jealous if you start humping someone else's ankle?   :D

By the way, in-game is same as BBS...I saw him flying last night.

well, you know how we get......the more peoplez we can make jealous, the more fun it is.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"
S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning in a Bottle)

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #46 on: November 24, 2010, 09:10:55 AM »
Well I wouldn't really call it flying.  More like failed vulching and crashing.  He must of felt bad for our small ammo loads in the Zekes.

know what's funny? when i've tried vulching in the past.....i seem to always get that one single runway that wants to leap up and eat my airplane for dinner.  :noid :neener: :rofl
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Shifty

• Plutonium Member
      • 307th FS
« Reply #47 on: November 24, 2010, 09:14:13 AM »
What's it matter, Cap?  Won't Shifty get jealous if you start humping someone else's ankle?   :D

By the way, in-game is same as BBS...I saw him flying last night.

Get off my fanboi!  :mad:

JG-11"Black Hearts"...nur die Stolzen, nur die Starken

"Haji may have blown my legs off but I'm still a stud"~ SPC Thomas Vandeventer Delta1/5 1st CAV

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: November 24, 2010, 09:52:40 AM »
know what's funny? when i've tried vulching in the past.....i seem to always get that one single runway that wants to leap up and eat my airplane for dinner.  :noid :neener: :rofl

Dot's got some kind of nuclear device in his planes that cause mine to seek water
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: November 24, 2010, 12:02:14 PM »
Dot's got some kind of nuclear device in his planes that cause mine to seek water

:noid
It's actually a hydrogen-powered magnetic accelerator tuned to the frequency of a "certain element".  It pulls the hydrogen out of the water molecules in the air, so is self-charging and perpetualy powered.

Once enabled - usually auto-deployed when I drop flaps in the turnfight - it modifies the magnetic bonds of the atoms of that "certain element".  I can't go into more details as I've submitted all the proper forms to patent this device and don't want any bad copies of this device floating around the Intardnetz.

The end result is, of course, the quick and less-than-gracious augering of my foe - face first - into the water.  Yes, it IS stronger over water, but still effective over solid ground too (especially trees).
 :noid

:D
My Current Rig:
GigaByte GA-X99-UD4 Mobo w/ 16Gb RAM
Intel i7 5820k, Win7 64-bit
NVidia GTX 970 4Gb ACX 2.0
Track IR, CH Fighterstick, CH Pro Throttle, CH Pro Pedals

Offline Dichotomy

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #50 on: November 24, 2010, 12:31:38 PM »
 :lol it was working like a charm last night and I was trying to give you some decent fights for a change  :cheers:
JG11 - Dicho37Only The Proud Only The Strong AH Players who've passed on :salute

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #51 on: November 24, 2010, 05:12:28 PM »
i should be on in an hour or so, but i don't know how long i'll be able to stay on for....hopefully awhile.  :devil
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #52 on: November 24, 2010, 05:44:39 PM »
I think there is something here that many of you just aren't getting.  AvA lost it's primary draw for some, at least for me it did.  Having to put up with the MA style ego's and trash talk is the reason I don't fly the MA's.  If I wanted to deal with stupidity after work, I would have just stayed there :lol.  The AvA lost its charm of above average sticks, playing in a honorable fashion.  That's gone now, the AvA draw for me went with it.  I don't know how much of a free hand those of you in charge of the AvA have in there with rules and what not.  But ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.  Maybe I'm the minority in this feeling, I don't know.  But I have to think it's keeping more then just me out of there.

:salute
BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 24, 2010, 07:13:04 PM »
All you guys need to chill out and take a page from Dot's Book of Good Conduct.

I try to not lose my cool.
I treat everyone with the respect I expect from them.
If people don't get it at first, they eventually will.

Like Big Rat said:
Having to put up with the MA style ego's and trash talk is the reason I don't fly the MA's.  If I wanted to deal with stupidity after work, I would have just stayed there :lol.  The AvA lost its charm of above average sticks, playing in a honorable fashion.  That's gone now, the AvA draw for me went with it.

I was just in there and after a short time, Rammey and Hoey showed up.  You guys got them chat banned, so we talked via PM's.  We met in the mountain pass - their P39's (I think that's what they were in) and my Zeke.  Hoey PM'd me that he's out and good luck with Rammey.  It was a good fight, which I eventually won.  Then Hoey engaged and we too had a good fight, which ended up with my Zeke flying away alone.  Hoey later told me that Rammey ordered him to stay out no matter what.

Now I don't know about you, but that speaks volumes to me about how one's conduct will affect others.  I think it's time you guys man up and start having fun again.  Laugh when you get shot down.  Crack jokes.  All anyone wants is to have fun and fly in an arena when the attitudes are left in the lobby.

I'm not saying we should all gather in a circle, hold hands and sing (I'll leave that up to Cap and Shifty ;)), but good grief boyz - show the good manners you are all so eager to see in the AvA.
My Current Rig:

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #54 on: November 24, 2010, 07:16:32 PM »
All you guys need to chill out and take a page from Dot's Book of Good Conduct.

I try to not lose my cool.
I treat everyone with the respect I expect from them.
If people don't get it at first, they eventually will.

Like Big Rat said:
I was just in there and after a short time, Rammey and Hoey showed up.  You guys got them chat banned, so we talked via PM's.  We met in the mountain pass - their P39's (I think that's what they were in) and my Zeke.  Hoey PM'd me that he's out and good luck with Rammey.  It was a good fight, which I eventually won.  Then Hoey engaged and we too had a good fight, which ended up with my Zeke flying away alone.  Hoey later told me that Rammey ordered him to stay out no matter what.

Now I don't know about you, but that speaks volumes to me about how one's conduct will affect others.  I think it's time you guys man up and start having fun again.  Laugh when you get shot down.  Crack jokes.  All anyone wants is to have fun and fly in an arena when the attitudes are left in the lobby.

I'm not saying we should all gather in a circle, hold hands and sing (I'll leave that up to Cap and Shifty ;)), but good grief boyz - show the good manners you are all so eager to see in the AvA.

i didn't even know they were chat banned.......
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"

Offline TheBug

• Platinum Member
« Reply #55 on: November 24, 2010, 08:05:08 PM »
You guys got them chat banned, so we talked via PM's. 

Ahh, I believe they did that to themselves. 

You don't think maybe all the heat they have been taking has had any impact upon their behavior.  Or is just cause you're so sweet?

:rolleyes:
“It's a big ocean, you don't have to find the enemy if you don't want to."
  -Richard O'Kane

Offline ImADot

• Platinum Member
« Reply #56 on: November 24, 2010, 09:23:11 PM »
Or is just cause you're so sweet?

This
My Current Rig:

Offline Nr_RaVeN

• Gold Member
« Reply #57 on: November 25, 2010, 06:08:27 AM »
I think there is something here that many of you just aren't getting.  AvA lost it's primary draw for some, at least for me it did.  Having to put up with the MA style ego's and trash talk is the reason I don't fly the MA's.  If I wanted to deal with stupidity after work, I would have just stayed there :lol.  The AvA lost its charm of above average sticks, playing in a honorable fashion.  That's gone now, the AvA draw for me went with it.  I don't know how much of a free hand those of you in charge of the AvA have in there with rules and what not.  But ignoring the problem doesn't make it go away.  Maybe I'm the minority in this feeling, I don't know.  But I have to think it's keeping more then just me out of there.

BigRat

Action has being taken  to penalize  dishonorable behavior and will continue. Things are smoothing out.

last night was much better and ~S~ were going around nicely.

over 25 player at one point it was the good old AvA. It was full of good sticks and camaraderie  from both sides.

It is still on a more enjoyable level than the MA  BigRat.
Life is short. PLAY HARD...

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy."
Saadi

Offline Big Rat

• AH Training Corps
  • Silver Member
« Reply #58 on: November 25, 2010, 10:39:53 AM »
Nr Raven,

I hope it's going in the right direction, I enjoyed flying in there in the past and hope to again soon. 

BigRat
When you think the fight might be going bad, it already has.
Becoming one with the Hog, is to become one with Greatness, VF-17 XO & training officer BigRat

Offline CAP1

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #59 on: November 25, 2010, 10:55:22 AM »
Nr Raven,

I hope it's going in the right direction, I enjoyed flying in there in the past and hope to again soon. 

BigRat

you'd have had a blast last night dood. non stop action for nearly 3 hours........
ingame 1LTCAP
80th FS "Headhunters"