Author Topic: Uh-oh... I've got an idea.. again!  (Read 4800 times)

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
Re: Uh-oh... I've got an idea.. again!
« Reply #45 on: November 27, 2010, 05:10:46 PM »
I am for anything that once again, gives the lone player a team objective and missions become popular, even small ones.  Put yourself in the spot of a new comer or an old veteran returning to AH finding most of his old friends were no where around.  How long is someone going to fly around single minded, being ignored by countrymen, depending on a large red or green dar bar to point them in a direction to fly? 

I don't necessarily disagree with Lusche that base capture shouldn't be made easier.  I do feel strongly that base capture should be less frustrating.  If you don't know what I mean by frustrating, don't bother to tell me what a whiner I am.  You most likely haven't a clue of all of the different approaches to base capture that I have been involved in over the years.  I would even go as far as to say that you really don't care that much for base capture period.

Basically, dangling a carrot (win the war) in front of a group of players (let's say off hours / Euro time zone players) without giving them the tools necessary to ever taste the carrot could be cruel.

:aok  I want to see maps rotate more frequently.   :rock If increased rotation is player generated.

Offline oneway

• Silver Member
« Reply #46 on: November 27, 2010, 05:47:23 PM »
Is there a post somewhere that details how the present strat system works?

In other words:

• What happens when the city complex is bombed?
  • What happens when the aaa complex is bombed?

Etc etc...for fuel, troops,radar complexes..

Also...if you take out 50% of the troop complex for instance, does that mean it takes twice as long for a field barrack to regenerate?

And..what is the respawn time on a strat building? I guess it has to do with trains...

And lastly...I have never tried this...but can you blow up the train spawn building?

Offline Amaazee

• Nickel Member
« Reply #47 on: November 27, 2010, 06:34:51 PM »
Where shall I send my 14.95 snail sir?

Just send it to Marietta, GA 30008 to Macland Station  :D I'll gladly take it.
[In-Game: Amaazee]
Road to Rangoon 2011
Überprüfung Sechs

Offline RTHolmes

• Plutonium Member
« Reply #48 on: November 28, 2010, 07:46:32 AM »
Is there a post somewhere that details how the present strat system works?

http://trainers.hitechcreations.com/strategy/stratguide.htm

and no you cant blow up the train or truck depots.

not convinced about this points system, seems a bit complicated. I'd rather see the old zone strat system back, it made the strat targets worth attacking and gave a more local focus for the base-takers.
71 (Eagle) Squadron

What most of us want to do is simply shoot stuff and look good doing it - Chilli

Offline Mister Fork

• AvA Staff Member
  • Platinum Member
« Reply #49 on: November 28, 2010, 09:43:54 AM »
It's easy for a lot of us to act as armchair commentators without adding any value to his idea isn't it?

Luch - it's brilliant.  Heck, why not give points for flattening factories. I.e. bring a factory down to 90+% destroyed and get say... 3 points.  You could technically win an entire war just by destroying factories - assuming there are enough of them to get enough points and not capture a single field.

Give points for capturing fields, destroying strat objects, especially the HQ.  It's just like the old Axis and Allies board game. :)
"Games are meant to be fun and fair but fighting a war is neither." - HiTech

Offline Lusche

• Radioactive Member
      • Last.FM Profile
« Reply #50 on: November 28, 2010, 09:46:31 AM »
Give points for capturing fields, destroying strat objects, especially the HQ.  It's just like the old Axis and Allies board game. :)

I admit that point stuff is coming straight from my old consims days...  (no young folks, that's nothing to do with cosplay  :neener:)
Steam: DrKalv
E:D Snailman

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #51 on: November 28, 2010, 10:03:02 AM »
Old zone bases were the best.
Made for some ferocious fighting for the zone bases. Also made the offensive team pay for taking a base connected to the zone without possesing the zone base itself. It made them work to keep it supplied.

Same concept I think should be with the strat factories. Spread them apart like the old time and keep the damage down for a longer period of time so if you have them hit ( ammo factories down to 50%) they stay that way until they are resupplied manualy. Although I love the eye candy in the new strat system, I can see where guys decide to take 1 hour flights to bomb them do so in vain because it basicly goes back to 100% before you even get a chance to land.
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline ink

• Persona Non Grata
  • Plutonium Member
« Reply #52 on: November 28, 2010, 05:49:03 PM »
just seems to me like the guys that are into the ''war'' aspect of AH want it a bit more feasable, 65 foot dar is way to low, just change the dar to around 200 feet, not as easy to fly under as 500', but way easier then 65' ......again the guys who truly love the fight or furball should not care about the war....so lift the dar and give them the ability to at least get there and possably take some land........anyone who knows me knows i do not care about the war, and never have as a matter of fact I used to be of the mindset the ''war'' is stupid and landgrabbers where lame.....but I have come to realize that I may only like the fight of ''ariel combat'' someone else enjoys it differently and hell why not, this world would be quite borring if everyone was the same............so HTC lift the dar to a hight that even a noob can fly under.....200' stillt might be a bit hard for total noobs to stay under, but it is possable............K.I.S.S..

Offline thndregg

• Platinum Member
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2010, 06:10:42 PM »
this world would be quite borring if everyone was the same

AMEN TO THAT!!! :aok
Former C.O. 91st Bombardment Group (Heavy)
"The Ragged Irregulars"

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #54 on: November 28, 2010, 06:24:26 PM »
just seems to me like the guys that are into the ''war'' aspect of AH want it a bit more feasable, 65 foot dar is way to low, just change the dar to around 200 feet, not as easy to fly under as 500', but way easier then 65' ......again the guys who truly love the fight or furball should not care about the war....so lift the dar and give them the ability to at least get there and possably take some land........anyone who knows me knows i do not care about the war, and never have as a matter of fact I used to be of the mindset the ''war'' is stupid and landgrabbers where lame.....but I have come to realize that I may only like the fight of ''ariel combat'' someone else enjoys it differently and hell why not, this world would be quite borring if everyone was the same............so HTC lift the dar to a hight that even a noob can fly under.....200' stillt might be a bit hard for total noobs to stay under, but it is possable............K.I.S.S..
100 ft. for NOE would suffice. I like the zone base idea again. Adding to that, instead of a town have a city. More targets for the bombers, and the gver's would finally get to play in there.
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline falcon23

• Silver Member
« Reply #55 on: November 28, 2010, 06:25:17 PM »

200ft. is a great middle-ground..

Offline crazyivan

• Gold Member
« Reply #56 on: November 28, 2010, 06:28:17 PM »
From my NOE day some said 500ft. but we flew at 200ft. always, just make 100ft. :aok
POTW
"Atleast I have chicken!"- Leroy Jenkins

Offline Gorf13

• Persona Non Grata
  • Zinc Member
« Reply #57 on: November 28, 2010, 06:48:50 PM »

Agreed

Even then we almost always had at least one DAR popper in NOE missions.

200 ft. is good

Offline Tilt

• Platinum Member
      • FullTilt
« Reply #58 on: November 29, 2010, 03:54:57 AM »

200 ft. is good

And some COAD such that terrain can shadow holes in the dar
Ludere Vincere

Offline SWkiljoy

• Nickel Member
« Reply #59 on: November 29, 2010, 07:50:15 AM »
VOTE Lusche for VP!   :aok

Great idea sir, hopefully it will ge some attention from the upper levels  :pray
Proud member and Flight Leader of the 125th Spartan Warriors
<<S>> SWkiljoy