Author Topic: Dear HiTech - I think you should log on.  (Read 8300 times)

Offline Jayhawk

• Gold Member
Re: Dear HiTech - I think you should log on.
« Reply #135 on: November 30, 2010, 09:55:40 AM »
I was wondering what happens if a county loses all it's bases. Does it rest the map or is one country just off the map for a time?

I'd think one side would just not be able to launch anywhere.  However, now that uncapturable bases are back, we'll never know for sure.
LOOK EVERYBODY!  I GOT MY NAME IN LIGHTS!

Folks, play nice.

Offline Slate

• Gold Member
« Reply #136 on: November 30, 2010, 10:23:57 AM »
     Live by the horde die by the horde.

"I've always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds."
I always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds.

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #137 on: November 30, 2010, 10:34:50 AM »
     Live by the horde die by the horde.

(Image removed from quote.)

"I've always wanted to fight an impossible battle against incredible odds."

Ha I always liked that movie. My wife bought the blueray movie.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline ROX

• Gold Member
« Reply #138 on: November 30, 2010, 11:23:39 AM »
Blue Arena is a sewer and will most likely never change.

Offline TeeArr

• Copper Member
« Reply #139 on: November 30, 2010, 11:32:50 AM »
It is really a shame that HiTech didn't just leave the game alone in this instance.  Looking at the Blue Map today one can only draw two conclusions: A) HiTech helped the Bishops to overcome a hole they placed themselves in, or B) Yesterday's Bishops needed to each grow a pair.
Just my Observation.

Offline 1Boner

• Gold Member
« Reply #140 on: November 30, 2010, 11:36:37 AM »
It is really a shame that HiTech didn't just leave the game alone in this instance.  Looking at the Blue Map today one can only draw two conclusions: A) HiTech helped the Bishops to overcome a hole they placed themselves in, or B) Yesterday's Bishops needed to each grow a pair.
Just my Observation.

There was a bug.

He simply fixed it.
"Life is just as deadly as it looks"  Richard Thompson

"So umm.... just to make sure I have this right.  What you are asking is for the bombers carrying bombs, to stop dropping bombs on the bombs, so the bombers can carry bombs to bomb things with?"  AKP

Offline Ack-Ack

• Radioactive Member
      • FlameWarriors
« Reply #141 on: November 30, 2010, 12:12:43 PM »
Blue Arena is a sewer and will most likely never change.

But you and your timid unskilled lot don't fly there so it makes Blue pretty damn good in my book.  Enjoy.

ack-ack
"If Jesus came back as an airplane, he would be a P-38." - WW2 P-38 pilot
Elite Top Aces +1 Mexican Official Squadron Song

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #142 on: November 30, 2010, 12:43:50 PM »
Here is something that most of the people complaining fail to realize, the unwanted attention that they seem to get from both sides at once has some merit.

Keep in mind most on rooks and knits do not care about base capture unlike bish its seems more of their sole purpose, its more about a fight for the other two.

When bish continuously at nausium conduct nothing but horde noe after noe your going to draw attention that you dont want, its just that simple.

If your side wants to fly in a horde is one thing, but to do it NOE as well, your going to make alot of waves and the repercussions will be severe enough where all anyone wants to do is shove your face in the ground.

I have seen several times if flying rook fighting knit or vice verse that when a fight start to develop between the two Bish start hording NOE undefended bases against rooks and knits while they are busy with each other, the result of that is they start to defend against it.  

I think what you seen was the result of players on both sides finding that the whack o mole game was getting old and they brought it to you full force.  

Your going to find out the hard way that when you continuously horde that it will not be bigger as the combined horde of two sides, you want to continue down that road your probably going to get more of what you saw.  Oh well, pissing off the other player is what all about isnt it?

Remember, when this map first came into play I was a bish defending 13, knits started upping for the base and only 3 of us bish defended it, the dar continued to grow and eventually due to the lack of defense knits took it.  What was the other bish doing the could have been defending?   Posting a 30 Man MiSsHuN to capture another base somewhere else NOE.... :headscratch:  So, I joined the knits to bash the noe missions that ensued.  Was very rewarding.

« Last Edit: November 30, 2010, 12:57:36 PM by Dadsguns »

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline Shuffler

• Radioactive Member
« Reply #143 on: November 30, 2010, 12:52:49 PM »
I see no difference in how each side handles themselves..... there are good and bad on all teams. This terrain was simply beset by a bug which HiTech fixed with Skuzzy Spray.
80th FS "Headhunters"

S.A.P.P.- Secret Association Of P-38 Pilots (Lightning In A Bottle)

Offline Ghastly

• Silver Member
« Reply #144 on: November 30, 2010, 12:53:36 PM »
Here is something that most of the people complaining fail to realize, the unwanted attention that they seem to get from both sides at once has some merit.

Keep in mind most on rooks and knits do not care about base capture unlike bish its seems more of their sole purpose, its more about a fight for the other two.

When bish continuously at nausium conduct nothing but horde noe after noe your going to draw attention that you dont want, its just that simple.

If your side wants to fly in a horde is one thing, but to do it NOE as well, your going to make alot of waves and the repercussions will be severe enough where all anyone wants to do is shove your face in the ground.

I have seen several times if flying rook fighting knit or vice verse that when a fight start to develop between the two Bish start hording NOE undefended bases against rooks and knits while they are busy with each other, the result of that is they start to defend against it.  

I think what you seen was the result of players on both sides finding that the whack o mole game was getting old and they brought it to you full force.  

Your going to find out the hard way that when you continuously horde that it will not be bigger as the combined horde of two sides, you want to continue down that road your probably going to get more of what you saw.  Oh well, pissing off the other player is what all about isnt it?

As I bounce around from side to side I see no difference in how anyone on any side plays (or behaves).  All that changes is the names.

Edit-> What Shuffler said! :D

<S>
"Curse your sudden (but inevitable!) betrayal!"
Grue

Offline Soulyss

• Platinum Member
      • Aces High Events
« Reply #145 on: November 30, 2010, 12:56:43 PM »
I see no difference in how each side handles themselves..... there are good and bad on all teams. This terrain was simply beset by a bug which HiTech fixed with Skuzzy Spray.

80th FS "Headhunters"
I blame mir.

Offline Vinkman

• Gold Member
« Reply #146 on: November 30, 2010, 01:03:18 PM »
So why is there a three sided war again?
Who is John Galt?

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #147 on: November 30, 2010, 01:06:36 PM »
So why is there a three sided war again?

When 1 gets out of line, the other two can beat them like a red headed step child   ;)  .....

:rofl

"Your intelligence is measured by those around you; if you spend your days with idiots you seal your own fate."

Offline SPKmes

• Gold Member
« Reply #148 on: November 30, 2010, 01:08:13 PM »

Seriously?!?  I don't change around much but each side is pretty much the same with their ways....just depends what time you fly I suppose..

Offline Dadsguns

• Silver Member
« Reply #149 on: November 30, 2010, 01:14:07 PM »
Seriously?!?  I don't change around much but each side is pretty much the same with their ways....just depends what time you fly I suppose..

Didn't say that only a side does it, just pointing out that 1 side its more prevalent. 
I usually will switch to another side not noeing time after time just to bust them up.  Get out and about, you will quickly see who does it more often and with larger amounts. 
Not sure if its because its the Default Bish thing when you join or what.