Author Topic: Dear HiTech - I think you should log on.  (Read 8033 times)

Offline AWwrgwy

• Platinum Member
Re: Dear HiTech - I think you should log on.
« Reply #180 on: December 02, 2010, 07:17:24 PM »
I do not believe Sir that I even  mentioned any persons name... Besides you cannot compare game play six months ago to game play now after they completely re made the town, and base layouts... Capturing towns and bases is alot different now ...

Different in that you, alone, cannot take down a town, by yourself, and roll troops to capture an air field base, with no help from anyone else.

I wasn't too subtle, was I?

It's as if, on a Massive, Multi-player, on-line game, you need some of the other players in order to accomplish something.

Who-da-thunk-it?

:banana:

wrongway
71 (Eagle) Squadron
"THAT"S PAINT!!"

"If nothing else works, a total pig-headed unwillingness to look facts in the face will see us through."
- General Sir Anthony Cecil Hogmanay

Offline sky25

• Nickel Member
« Reply #181 on: December 02, 2010, 07:34:52 PM »
Different in that you, alone, cannot take down a town, by yourself, and roll troops to capture an air field base, with no help from anyone else.

I wasn't too subtle, was I?

It's as if, on a Massive, Multi-player, on-line game, you need some of the other players in order to accomplish something.

Who-da-thunk-it?

:banana:

wrongway

What the heck are you talking about Wronway?? Did you see me complaining about the new base layouts? I really do not think that you even read my post. I think you just lit the flame and started writing... Nice attempt!! :salute

sky25  "Vsky" In The Game

Offline oTRALFZo

• Silver Member
« Reply #182 on: December 02, 2010, 08:34:56 PM »
What the heck are you talking about Wronway?? Did you see me complaining about the new base layouts? I really do not think that you even read my post. I think you just lit the flame and started writing... Nice attempt!! :salute

What you are assuming is that people that have no interest in base taking dont know how to do it?   PFFFT... You would only wish you could have these guys flying in your mishunz. You obviously are not aware of the stages the normal long time player has in his AH career.

The majority of players after the second year of playing get incredibly bored of reseting the map or taking bases. Either from the thought of a never ending war, finally subcoming to the thought that it takes too much time to dedicate or just tired of shooting things that dont give a challenge. At this stage, they venture off to bigger challenges and test the waters for the art of dogfighting.

You Sky are obviously in the stage to where you see these guys as elitists and think just because they like killing red guys, that its all about score. Trust me..its not. Once you decide to expand your horizons, understand that there are other facets to this game besides basetaking, you will find a whole new refreshing meaning to this game.

Good luck to ya  :aok
****Let the beatings begin***

in game name: Tralfaz

Offline LLogann

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Candidz.com
« Reply #183 on: December 02, 2010, 08:53:43 PM »
I believe that the children are the future......................

:bolt:
See Rule #4
Now I only pay because of my friends.

Offline FLOTSOM

• Persona Non Grata
  • Gold Member
      • http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr
« Reply #184 on: December 02, 2010, 09:13:11 PM »
I believe that the children are the future......................

:bolt:

wow really??? well ive met the children........and our future is now looking very bleak!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
FLOTSOM

Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups!
Quote from Skuzzy
"The game is designed to encourage combat, not hide from it."
http://www.myspace.com/prfctstrngr

Offline MarineUS

• Gold Member
      • Imperial Legion
« Reply #185 on: December 02, 2010, 10:25:37 PM »
ah that it is :(
Like, ya know, when that thing that makes you move, it has pistons and things, When your thingamajigy is providing power, you do not hear other peoples thingamajig when they are providing power.

HiTech

Offline iwomba

• Zinc Member
« Reply #186 on: December 03, 2010, 03:11:21 AM »
If you are correctly judging sentiment in the arenas then people need to do something else with their time because its a game...period...end of discussion.   Hate the players, not the game.  Making a game better or improving it's infrastructure shouldn't involve hate...I sure hope you are wrong or over-reacting.

Changeup

You & many others have totally missed the point of Dantoo's post. As usual you look at things with blinkers on & see only what you want to see.

It was not a matter of Bish being ganged. That happens to all countries from time to time. We all take our turn with that.

One should always be sure they know what the issue is before opening their mouths to put their foot or some other part of their body they might pee out of before commenting.
WOMBA
9GIAP
Sydney, Australia Branch

Offline Chilli

• Platinum Member
« Reply #187 on: December 03, 2010, 03:14:39 AM »
And as you can see my little dweebette, I do have a field capture after the new changes to the towns, airfields and Vbases and the capture I have was done solo against 3 defenders.  Like I said, some whines are just born out of myths...

ack-ack

Not sure what myth or whine that you are referring to.  I was the one who mistakenly grabbed stats from someone who spelled his / her name the same as your BBS ID.  I appologize for that, but you openly admit that you have little interest in base capture.  This is the point that I was trying to make.  You and Tralfaz, may feel that players should evolve into something other than strategic base capturers (or maybe that is not your view, but it sure comes off that way).

I have been playing since around 1999.  I work an evening shift 7 days a week.  The hours that I play are mostly off hours.  I am entitled to have an opinion about game play that is boring with less than 30 opponents spread across a map (notice a logical train of thought, so no cheese or tissues needed). 

Lusche's improvement on Cap system, actually saves progress from one day to the next.  :aok  There may need to be some tweaks, or just some getting used to the arena caps when they kick back in.  Mostly this is because they are kicking in at a more populated time of day.  But all in all, it should have been a good thing to have more available players for more fights.  What maybe hasn't been taken into account was the prior preferences for LW Blue and LW Orange players.  For the most part you saw the same guys in either.  So, when they are combined the country balance at different times of the day may be off.  This too, will correct or adjust itself.

What I fear might lead to loosing my few early OFF hours friends, is the increasing difficulty in base capture.  The base captures have incrementally become more and more difficult.  That sir, is no myth.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 03:19:30 AM by Chilli »

Offline Spite

• Copper Member
« Reply #188 on: December 03, 2010, 05:37:58 AM »
Once you decide to expand your horizons, understand that there are other facets to this game besides basetaking, you will find a whole new refreshing meaning to this game.

I spend a fair amount of time with all aspects of the game and consider myself reasonably accomplished at all of them.  Some things a little more than others, but I had continued to work on them.  While quite good at it, bomber runs to hangers or strats is at a minimum to not at all for me.  Boat busting is my forte and about the only time I up buffs these days.  Put a boat near me and it's dead.  Can hold my own in a tank and am proficient with whirbs and osties although it doesn't happen that much.  De-acking, single hand large field ord and dar busting, town killing, map watching, are all special skills in my belt.  Can pick, boom and zoom well enough, run fighter sweeps with squaddies, but prefer the low alt swirling vortex and can do that quite well for my purposes.

I play this game for one reason.  One reason only.  So far this week I have logged zero time in-game.  NONE.  The Nov tour has seen my in-game time fall easily in half from previous tours. I'm generally a daily, too many hours a day player.

Please don't presume to tell me what I should and shouldn't do with my in-game time.  I do it for one reason only and I have no doubts whatsoever that the Majority in the country I fly for do it for those reasons as well.

And it's porked.  ;)

Offline Changeup

• Persona Non Grata
  • Platinum Member
      • Das Muppets
« Reply #189 on: December 03, 2010, 03:19:31 PM »
See Rule #4
« Last Edit: December 06, 2010, 09:14:00 AM by Skuzzy »
"Such is the nature of war.  By protecting others, you save yourself."

"Those who are skilled in combat do not become angered.  Those who are skilled at winning do not become afraid.  Thus, the wise win before the fight, while the ignorant fight to win." - Morihei Ueshiba